Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 11:31 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times

Advertisements

IMJ ; i went there last year to look at houses for a vacation house. I really liked it and due to unforseen circumstances, we didnt buy then. But we are off again in a few weeks and hope to buy something then. I liked it as it was full of amenities, liked the fact that there is an indoor pool.

I think from what I am hearing, its a good spot.
dorothy

Old 01-24-2008, 03:41 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,884 times
Anymore questions--WOW 60 pages....

Old 01-24-2008, 04:39 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Anymore questions--WOW 60 pages....
You know the old song MollyMe......." I get by with a little help from my friends"........The Beatles........
Many more to ya'...........

Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 PM

41 posts, read 150,626 times
I'm in Warren County, NJ, and thinking of the Henryville area. I used to live in Martin's Creek and Mt. Bethel over a decade ago, but now I'm in my late 30's with four little kids and no more spouse. How safe an area is it? What's the educational system like? And what's the weather like? Colder than the Easton area, I would imagine.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,884 times
Henryville is nice. That's Pocono Mountain School District--my kids go there-I'm happy with it. Weather is colder and more snow than Easton..plowing is good and usually done. Safety--haven't heard of anything bad happening in Henryville. I have a couple of friends who live there--no complaints.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 AM

41 posts, read 150,626 times
Thank you Molly! I greatly appreciate the input!

Are there areas over there I should stay away from? I've lived in Warren Co. for 6 years now, and having to move is scary enough as a single mother. I'm not familiar with PA anymore, and have heard so many bad things about the Poconos (such as gangs, drugs, etc. moving in from bad sections of NY). I don't know exactly which areas are the "bad areas".

Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM

234 posts, read 939,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtuite View Post
My husband and I are looking for an upscale pocono community to buy a second home.
We have been to Lake Naomi and liked it.
Are there any other communities similar to Lake Naomi? How is Hemlock Farms or Masthope?
Thanks.
Hemlock Farms is just what you are looking for, unless you have school-age kids.

This is a wonderful community for adults, but there aren't a lot of activities for kids, so children tend to not like it here, because they get bored.

But, we have lakes, indoor and outdoor pools, exercise room, the best security in the Poconos, and an absolutely wonderful volunteer fire and rescue company.

This is definitely an upscale community, but not snooty. Everything is very casual here. It costs more than some other communities, but you get a lot for your buck!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,680 times
Default crime in the hideout

Hi Molly,

My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the hideout. We looked this weekend and loved the area and all it has to offer. We were disappointed when someone, who is a police officer, told us there are gangs, drugs and alot of crime there recently. I was wondering if you can confirm or deny any of this. We were sooo excited to put a bid in on one of the homes we fell in love with. We have 3 young children.

Thanks
roksgyrl

Old 01-28-2008, 07:54 PM

32,618 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roksgyrl View Post
Hi Molly,

My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the hideout. We looked this weekend and loved the area and all it has to offer. We were disappointed when someone, who is a police officer, told us there are gangs, drugs and alot of crime there recently. I was wondering if you can confirm or deny any of this. We were sooo excited to put a bid in on one of the homes we fell in love with. We have 3 young children.

Thanks
roksgyrl
Member "I LOVE PA" should be along soon to assuage your concerns, as she has lived in The Hideout for over a decade now.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roksgyrl View Post
Hi Molly,

Thanks
roksgyrl
I have lived here for 14 years, and I have 16 and 20 yr old daughters. I have NEVER heard of gangs in The Hideout. My girls have never heard of anything about gangs. I know lots of people and lots of teens, there are NO gangs in The Hideout. Where was this police officer from? As far as drugs, there are drugs everywhere, honestly. It's not like they are selling them at the beach. My kids know of kids who smoke pot. There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't. As far as crime, there is next to no crime in here. The Hideout is a very large community and VERY low crime statistics. It you call the Security Cheif, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you facts on the crime in The Hideout. I am surrounded by summer homes, I have never known anyone in 14 years whose had a problem with crime. I feel very safe here, and the security force here is excellent. Almost (if not all) patrol personnel are trained EMT's also. If there is a barking dog, they solve the problem. If speeding is a crime, then we do have those who go over 25mph in The Hideout. It is a great place to raise a faimly, or have as a vacation home.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about The Hideout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania