Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 05:36 AM

2 posts, read 4,684 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for your information. It does put my mind at ease especially knowing you have teenage girls and they have never heard of such things. As far as the cop goes it was second hand info. That is why I wanted to investigate further. I think we are going to pursue our bid on the house we wanted.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 AM

422 posts, read 2,006,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I have lived here for 14 years, and I have 16 and 20 yr old daughters. I have NEVER heard of gangs in The Hideout. My girls have never heard of anything about gangs. I know lots of people and lots of teens, there are NO gangs in The Hideout. Where was this police officer from? As far as drugs, there are drugs everywhere, honestly. It's not like they are selling them at the beach. My kids know of kids who smoke pot. There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't. As far as crime, there is next to no crime in here. The Hideout is a very large community and VERY low crime statistics. It you call the Security Cheif, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you facts on the crime in The Hideout. I am surrounded by summer homes, I have never known anyone in 14 years whose had a problem with crime. I feel very safe here, and the security force here is excellent. Almost (if not all) patrol personnel are trained EMT's also. If there is a barking dog, they solve the problem. If speeding is a crime, then we do have those who go over 25mph in The Hideout. It is a great place to raise a faimly, or have as a vacation home.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about The Hideout.

My parents and other relatives have lived there for quite a few years too and love it there. They never heard of gangs there. There was once about 3 years ago --something with drugs in the paper, but it wasn't a huge story. I would feel safe there living all year long. My cousin and her young son live there and the son who is in elementary school loves it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.... I DO NOT agree with something said by ILOVEPA.... She said "There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't....(regaring SMOKING POT! ) Thats a completely FALSE STATEMENT!! And I guess if you believe it to be true--then your kids are POTHEADS too....such a shame. And just to toot my horn--I am well into my 30's and I have never in my life smoked pot--nor have I ever drank a glass or can of alcohol. And anybody who knows me personally can swear to that. SOOOO I'LL get off my soapbox and just say I didn't agree with your statement. Thats all.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:39 AM

372 posts, read 1,229,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
My parents and other relatives have lived there for quite a few years too and love it there. They never heard of gangs there. There was once about 3 years ago --something with drugs in the paper, but it wasn't a huge story. I would feel safe there living all year long. My cousin and her young son live there and the son who is in elementary school loves it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.... I DO NOT agree with something said by ILOVEPA.... She said "There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't....(regaring SMOKING POT! ) Thats a completely FALSE STATEMENT!! And I guess if you believe it to be true--then your kids are POTHEADS too....such a shame. And just to toot my horn--I am well into my 30's and I have never in my life smoked pot--nor have I ever drank a glass or can of alcohol. And anybody who knows me personally can swear to that. SOOOO I'LL get off my soapbox and just say I didn't agree with your statement. Thats all.
I don't want to step on any toes here, but I didn't take I Love PA's statement like that. I took it as that there isn't a kid out there that doesn't know of someone who smokes pot.

Don't know if you agree with that statement either, but that's just how I read it.

Cathy

Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,561,179 times
"A teen on earth that doesn't smoke pot" is different than "knowing a teen that doesn't smoke pot". Wow, I have to say that is pretty scary. It makes you aware of how important it is to be involved in your children's lives, especially knowing who their friends are and keeping the lines of communication open with them.

The Hat

Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
ON ANOTHER NOTE.... I DO NOT agree with something said by ILOVEPA.... She said "There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't....(regaring SMOKING POT! ) Thats a completely FALSE STATEMENT!! And I guess if you believe it to be true--then your kids are POTHEADS too....such a shame. And just to toot my horn--I am well into my 30's and I have never in my life smoked pot--nor have I ever drank a glass or can of alcohol.
As kids, we too used to drink right from the bottle until purchasing our own stemware. . . .

btw, my take on; "My kids know of kids who smoke pot. There isn't a teen on earth who doesn't." translates into there isn't a teen on earth who doesn't know someone who smokes pot.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:43 AM

18 posts, read 45,519 times
Some people is correct,not MOST!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 AM

Gangs are in the Pocono's from Philly and NYC.Major profits are made from doubling or tripling the profits of drugs in the city.Reading,Scranton/Wilkes Barre/Stroudsburg/Easton/Allentown/Bethlehem etc...Are drop off points.Then the locals either sell or steal to support their habit or just to survive.In a place with few opportunities for a decent living wage.SEE:Railroads,Steel,Coal,Percent of good jobs VS Percent of people searching.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 AM

These people who say theres no gangs.Probally don't know the dress,hand signals,or graffitti.period!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,680,011 times
As I sit here in SC there is talk of the same Gangs here. So I am thinking this is a very, widespread plague.........
The same exact names came up. Something one can not run from I guess, Unless......higher authorities work hard to "weed" this out......( no pun intended)

Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM

15 posts, read 45,046 times
Smile Railroad To Nyc.....????

I asked the other day about RR service to NYC from PA..and Molly Laughed at me..hahha..I guess there is no such RR...
How about RR service from Jersey..if someone wanted to drive to jersey and pick up RR service to NYC...where would one do that??
JUST curious about commuting options??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania