Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 12:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I work in a Jewish workplace. Can't find a single one who isn't disgusted by Trump's words, and that includes colleagues who consider themselves Republican.

Then again, we are currently dealing with staff members being doxxed by a radical right wing white supremacist group, so maybe they just have more pressing matters than to do an Olympic's level mental gymnastics routine to justify the lack of responsibility being taken by Trump and his supporters.
How is it a Jewish workplace comes about? Do you have to be Jewish to be hired? Don't leftist and Democrats believe in equal representation and outcomes everywhere and everything should look like America's demographics.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:30 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, you've been pretty silent with your comments to TomLennox 70.

And yes, I am not only implying, but saying explicitly that you do look the other way when its folks on "your side" - it's called double standards.

May I also add that back at home, it's not folks like Omar and Talib who are shooting up synagogues. But you knew that.
Oye. Another liberal. I'm getting exhausted fighting all you people who think you're so morally superior to me because you're a liberal.

Did you not hear that I've criticized TomLennox for his "Jewish power brokers" stuff? I just told you I did - and you say I didn't. I also criticized some other conservative - I think he's a conservative, not sure - for defending some students doing Nazi salutes.

As far as Omar and Tlaib, I look beyond the immediate. True that there are some very bigoted and sick individuals on the extremes (the synagogue shooter was angry at Trump for being too supportive to Jews), but Omar and Tlaib are institutionalizing anti-Semitism at the very top levels of government. They are both CLEARLY anti-Semitic, and the Democrats - and liberal Jews - are finding ways to excuse that.

So again, the "folks" on my side are sicko individuals on the fringes. The "folks" on your side are anti-Semitic Congresswomen, whom your side refuses to censure. To the contrary, they honored at least one of them by putting her anti-Semitic you-know-what on the House Foreign Relations Committee, where she can continue to work against Israel and for Palestinians.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:31 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
No, they know what's up.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
As someone who is Jewish, I'm sick of being pandered by both political parities. I don't trust the Democrats or the Republicans. I think it's funny on the Republicans end that they are against Affirmative Action, but they are open to giving Jewish people more rights and special treatment. ********* guys, I want to be equal as everyone else.
Well they keep demanding we do or they call us bad names if we don't.

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

It would be much more politically important to discuss the "hillbilly vote" which is what will swing the election one way or another - that is PA and MI and WI (although not all hillbillies, of course, the vote we are discussing is mostly of those who moved up there for jobs from further South)....
why would 63 million voters who have for 2 1/2 years been consistently called "hillbillies", racists, and Nazis even consider voting for democrats?

as to jewish voters, we don't all think alike. Isn't that great?

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The fact that the bolded is the worst thing you can possibly think of shows me that you have been pretty blessed in life.

You claim you're not a single issue voter, but then also claim you can't understand why liberal Jews would vote for a *slightly* less, but still overwhelmingly pro-Israel party. I don't fail to see that the issues that I think are the most important are not what everyone thinks are most important but I'm not sure why what everyone else thinks matters when I cast my vote at the ballot box.
You might rationalize your vote by saying your side is "slightly less but still overwhelmingly pro-Israel," but others don't see it that way. They see the Democrats' embrace of pro-Palestinian Congresswomen (one of whom draped herself in the Palestinian flag at her victory party) as decidedly ANTI-Israel.

By the way, where are all the liberals castigating Tlaib for her "dual-loyalty"? I can only imagine the furor that would arise had Lee Zelkin draped himself in the Israeli flag at HIS victory party!

Old 08-22-2019, 12:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
So 80% of Jewish Americans voted Dem in 2018. I'm betting it will be 90% in 2020, thanks to the Chosen One. The only Jews defending Trump are in the GOP--so not a lot. The rest appear very pissed off.

Maybe we could move Maralago to Jerusalem so the King of Israel can live there?

The Pew Research Center found that in the November 2018 midterm elections, 79% of self-described Jewish voters voted for the Democratic candidate in their congressional district, up from 66% of Jewish voters who voted Democratic in the 2014 midterms.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...isloyal-2019-8

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/polit...lty/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...212_story.html

Old 08-22-2019, 12:43 PM

50,377 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I heard an interesting viewpoint on the radio today.

An American Jew said that American Jews are liberal because they have had it so easy. He said there are few liberal Jews in Israel, because they have to fight for everything they have.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I'm hoping most Jewish-Americans can see through Trump's idiocy and unequivocal support of those white supremacists who chanted "Jews won't replace us".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...sville/536928/
I'm hope most all Americans can see through name calling, labeling, lies and idiocy.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:47 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
This thread belongs w/ the one about African Americans supporting T in droves. Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies