Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
And some people here think it will get much better once it's on note. hahaha

Typical CD advise offering no options but to "leave"
Leaving the relationship is different from simply moving out. Separation can bring clarity to a relationship. They can still be serious and date. Living together clouds the situation IMO.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
And some people here think it will get much better once it's on note. hahaha

Typical CD advise offering no options but to "leave"
What else is there? She's tried discussing it with him, and got nowhere. Couples counseling? Someone suggested a shrink for him. What other options are there?

One thing we don't know is--how much in love are they, really? She says they get along great, but that doesn't mean they're in love. One reason they get along so well may be that he's not invested enough in the relationship to care about any potential conflicts that come up. What she sees as getting along well may, in fact, be indifference on his part. She may not know him as well as she thinks she does. Why should she give up marriage to stay with a guy she gets along with, if he's not really all that into her? She needs to find out how into her he really is.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 PM

527 posts, read 600,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That is called a figure of speech. I disagree that it would make him a jealous prick.
Well, I am shocked that someone who would use a hunter-killing-prey figure of speech to describe a human relationship would have difficulty identifying a prick.

Oh wait, no I'm not. At all. (Hint: If you can't recognize one, you just might be one.)

Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that the majority of the women posting have either experienced or have witnessed this before. The OP could easily waste many years with a man who will NEVER marry her instead of moving on and finding someone who will make the OP his wife. Why should she have to give on something that she desires in life? It will be better to walk away now then to spend her youth trying to make this guy do something that he will NEVER do.
Sure! OP comes first and foremost [because she's a woman] and the man had been using her the past 7 years

Go ahead, OP, and walk away from 7 years. Hopefully, with effort and luck you'll find that one man that wants to get married. You also better start prepping for the dating scene, since you been out of the game for quite sometime. It can be quite brutal these days.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:04 PM

527 posts, read 600,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_contrary View Post
But honestly, I do not feel like I'm in a competition with my friends.
You may not "feel like" it, but I have news for you: If you're using the relationships of your friends as a yardstick for your own (as your post clearly indicates), you are in competition with them.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Go ahead, OP, and walk away from 7 years. Hopefully, with effort and luck you'll find that one man that wants to get married. You also better start prepping for the dating scene, since you been out of the game for quite sometime. It can be quite brutal these days.
I'm pretty sure there's more than one out there...

Old 06-01-2014, 10:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth4truth View Post
i'm pretty sure there's more than one out there...
:d

Old 06-01-2014, 10:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Sure! OP comes first and foremost [because she's a woman] and the man had been using her the past 7 years

Yes, she should walk away from a man that does not respect her desires to become a wife. She wasted 7 years but it would be tragic for her to waste 7 (or 17 or 27) more years waiting for a man that will not marry her. She needs to MOVE ON.

And I am quite certain that there are far more than one (1) man in this world who would want to make her his wife.

One more thing, I would hate to think that this woman or any other woman for that matter would stay in an unfulfilling relationship (or abusive, etc.) because the dating scene is allegedly brutal. The dating scene is only "brutal" for those who have little to offer a potential partner.

The bitterness of some of the men on this forum is sickening and one does not need wonder why so many have issues finding a woman.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 PM

69 posts, read 56,050 times
Wow, so many women are shallow. Lots of people on here think marriage itself is the end goal, not a relationship. Many of you think that a relationship has no intrinsic value; it's either being married or being alone--no in-between.

A guy doesn't want to marry you? Drop him and find somebody who will. Do you love each other? Do you get along? It doesn't matter, because "you have different needs." The woman needs to get married because... the financial benefits? Yeah, girls dream about marriage from the beginning because of the financial benefits. They're willing to end a long-term relationship because they want the financial benefits of marriage while their boyfriends don't.

The arguments for marriage that people constantly give are bull. You want to get married because you were told from the very beginning that it is part of the natural progression of a relationship. Therefore, being in a relationship is pointless without marriage. It doesn't matter how serious it is. All that matters is a wedding and that piece of paper. It's brainwashing.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
The arguments for marriage that people constantly give are bull. You want to get married because you were told from the very beginning that it is part of the natural progression of a relationship. Therefore, being in a relationship is pointless without marriage. It doesn't matter how serious it is. All that matters is a wedding and that piece of paper. It's brainwashing.
Yup. It's all gubmint propaganda. But then, how do you explain all the men who are into it, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships