Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,599,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
On the subject of washing greens. I'm also guilty of not doing so thoroughly.
It seems they never get really dry if you rinse the inside of the heads. Does anybody have one of those salad spinners things? Do they work?
Yes, and yes. They don't leave the greens completely dry, but still much drier than whenever I tried to dry washed greens using a towel.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 AM

7,046 posts, read 6,300,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
meo.....here's hoping it turns out to be nothing serious and quickly treatable and also that losing the weight was something you could afford to do and is something you see as a nice side benefit, even though you wouldn't have chosen to do it this way.
On the subject of washing greens. I'm also guilty of not doing so thoroughly.
It seems they never get really dry if you rinse the inside of the heads. Does anybody have one of those salad spinners things? Do they work?
If the heat or AC is running, I've propped one up and set it over the floor register. Now that works!
OC, thanks for the comment. Yes, unfortunately I could afford to lose the pounds & actually wouldn't hurt to lose a few more. Finally have the cheekbones I always wanted in my 30's. Alas, I could care less in my 60's.
My sister-in-law has one of those spinners. They work great. I keep looking for one but haven't found it yet. I had one years ago & have no idea what I did with it.

Thanks to all of you. What a wonderful group of people here on C-D!

Old 06-20-2015, 10:20 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,022,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Buiscuitmom, Blithely posting? Going on as if life was? Yes, I'm guilty. Maybe it's being Minnesotan, maybe it's from having a Norwegian mother & an Irish father, who knows. But we don't air our laundrey at the first sign of trouble.
We've all had stomache troubles &I guess I kept hoplng it would go away. Sorry if I offended you.

You don't owe anyone on CD any personal information. But you're right, I am also MN/Norwegian/English and don't blab all personal things to friends & family much less to strangers. I have blabbed enough on this board. I hope your results come back OK - possibly an ulcer?

Old 06-20-2015, 10:26 AM

Thanks Umbria. Don't think it could be an ulcer. Isn't there supposed to be blood if it's an ulcer? Ah, who knows. I'll soon be off to deliver my sample so it will just be a waiting game until the tests come back.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks Umbria. Don't think it could be an ulcer. Isn't there supposed to be blood if it's an ulcer? Ah, who knows. I'll soon be off to deliver my sample so it will just be a waiting game until the tests come back.
Not all ulcers bleed - most can progress to a bleeding ulcer if uncared for. Good luck.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:56 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,767,554 times
{{{{{Umbria}}}}} how the heck are you???

OMG
The plow attachment for a tractor that we sold on ebay got picked up today. The young man who bought it was foaming at the mouth when he saw all of our tractors. He wants to buy them all. We will have to go through them and see what we want for each one. If DH is willing to part with a goodly amount of them this will be a huge break for us rather than moving them. I am ecstatic.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:27 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,115,521 times
CCc girl: GREAT news! I hope it all works out so that you don't have to move many of them.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post

OMG
The plow attachment for a tractor that we sold on ebay got picked up today. The young man who bought it was foaming at the mouth when he saw all of our tractors. He wants to buy them all. We will have to go through them and see what we want for each one. If DH is willing to part with a goodly amount of them this will be a huge break for us rather than moving them. I am ecstatic.
Well I'm just ducky - you are an Ebay dynamo And an energizer bunny - send some of your zip my way (my zip zapped).

How lucky can you get to land on 1 guy to buy the whole shebang!!! You will save so much in moving expense.

Missed you when you were off line.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post

OMG
Yay for you! It must be all that good karma you spread.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:24 PM

By the way, delivered the samples. The lab tech seemed concerned (maybe my imagination) & said it would take awhile but when she heard that I'd lost 30 lbs in such a short time slab, she said she'd try to get it expedited. Fingers crossed & on my knees in prayer, figuratively. If I got down may never get back up lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement