Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 08:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I don’t doubt it is possible they were tracking something that was on it’s way to the moon, it just wasn’t that ridiculous tin can they showed us on TV with the 3 stooges floating around in it. They were in low earth orbit and that is as far as they got. The launch was real of course...that part obviously had to be since people were watching it live. The rest of it was a Hollywood sound stage. Wernher Von Braun knew it was all nonsense but he wasn’t in much of a position to make any noise about it. (I’m sure the American government saw to it that their Nazi war prize was living out a very comfortable existence in exchange for his cooperation, so that was that.)

You could go back and forth all day on this one. You ponder the evidence and it’s sources and either believe what you’ve been told or you don’t. I’ve made up my mind that this one smells just as rotten as 9/11, so it probably is.
I agree with you on 9-11, but not sure about the moon landing. If you recall there was a conversation where the astronauts were making remarks about HUGE things they saw on the moon, structures and all, why would they have done that if it didnt happen?

The more I think about it though, topics like this are pointless to discuss, ive never once seen anyone on this forum, that had their opinion swayed due to a thread. People believe what they believe, and nothing is going to change that, all these threads just become a back and forth debate, but no one actually ends up convincing anyone else they are right.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:44 AM

33,231 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
I don’t doubt it is possible they were tracking something that was on it’s way to the moon, it just wasn’t that ridiculous tin can they showed us on TV with the 3 stooges floating around in it. They were in low earth orbit and that is as far as they got. The launch was real of course...that part obviously had to be since people were watching it live. The rest of it was a Hollywood sound stage. Wernher Von Braun knew it was all nonsense but he wasn’t in much of a position to make any noise about it. (I’m sure the American government saw to it that their Nazi war prize was living out a very comfortable existence in exchange for his cooperation, so that was that.)

You could go back and forth all day on this one. You ponder the evidence and it’s sources and either believe what you’ve been told or you don’t. I’ve made up my mind that this one smells just as rotten as 9/11, so it probably is.
The Apollo moon missions wee real. 842 pounds of lunar rocks, core samples, pebbles, sand and dust from the lunar surface were brought back from the moon and samples were given to 135 different countries around the world. Most of the rocks are kept in the Lunar Sample Laboratory Facility in Houston, TX.

Apollo 11 lunar samples cabinet in the storage vault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...atory_Facility

Of course, if you're determined to deny that the Apollo missions were real you will just claim that the rocks are fake. I don't know what goes on in the minds of conspiracy theorists.

The photo below is of the earth taken by Apollo 12 after it had left Earth orbit and was en route to the moon.

Center: JSC
Date Created: 1969-11-14
Visit JSC Website
AS12-50-7362 (14 Nov. 1969) --- A view of one-third of Earth, with Australia on the horizon, as photographed by the three-man crew of Apollo 12. The Command and Service Modules, mated to the Lunar Module (yet to be removed and transpositioned for landing) were en route to the moon for man's second mission there. Onboard the spacecraft were astronauts Charles Conrad Jr., Richard F. Gordon Jr. and Alan L. Bean. Photo credit: NASA

https://images.nasa.gov/details-as12-50-7362.html

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-01-2018 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
I don’t doubt it is possible they were tracking something that was on it’s way to the moon, it just wasn’t that ridiculous tin can they showed us on TV with the 3 stooges floating around in it. They were in low earth orbit and that is as far as they got.
The rest of it was a Hollywood sound stage.
Do you base this on any sort of evidence, or? Must have been one hell of an SFX department, to create proper vacuum and 1/6th g - after all, every speck of dust behaves as expected.

Quote:
Wernher Von Braun knew it was all nonsense but he wasn’t in much of a position to make any noise about it.
Well, there would have been thousands of engineers in on the secret as well. Not a peep? Not one person saying on his deathbed "About that..."?

Has any one person with credentials in the field been able to point to a bit of Apollo hardware and say "This couldn't have worked"?

Also, as has been pointed out, hundreds of pounds of lunar material was gathered, been handled by thpusands of scientists (not on the US payroll) and so far - again - not one selenologist has said "Wait a minute..."?

Quote:
You could go back and forth all day on this one. You ponder the evidence and it’s sources and either believe what you’ve been told or you don’t.
Do you believe Gibraltar exists?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 02-01-2018 at 11:11 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 10:17 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The more I think about it though, topics like this are pointless to discuss, ive never once seen anyone on this forum, that had their opinion swayed due to a thread. People believe what they believe, and nothing is going to change that, all these threads just become a back and forth debate, but no one actually ends up convincing anyone else they are right.
The CTers tend to be lost causes, but there could be other people reading along, and they may yet be willing to subscribe to a fact-based worldview.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Apollo moon missions wee real. 842 pounds of lunar rocks, core samples, pebbles, sand and dust from the lunar surface were brought back from the moon and samples were given to 135 different countries around the world. Most of the rocks are kept in the Lunar Sample Laboratory Facility in Houston, TX.

Apollo 11 lunar samples cabinet in the storage vault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...atory_Facility

Of course, if you're determined to deny that the Apollo missions were real you will just claim that the rocks are fake. I don't know what goes on in the minds of conspiracy theorists.

The photo below is of the earth taken by Apollo 12 after it had left Earth orbit and was en route to the moon.
https://images-assets.nasa.gov/image...362~medium.jpg

Center: JSC
Date Created: 1969-11-14
Visit JSC Website
AS12-50-7362 (14 Nov. 1969) --- A view of one-third of Earth, with Australia on the horizon, as photographed by the three-man crew of Apollo 12. The Command and Service Modules, mated to the Lunar Module (yet to be removed and transpositioned for landing) were en route to the moon for man's second mission there. Onboard the spacecraft were astronauts Charles Conrad Jr., Richard F. Gordon Jr. and Alan L. Bean. Photo credit: NASA

https://images.nasa.gov/details-as12-50-7362.html
hey! I can see my house

Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Again it just depends on how deep you believe the deception goes, or if there is one at all. Rocks are just rocks. Pictures are just pictures. That picture may have really been taken from space, but what does that prove? Does that prove there was actually a human being on their way to the moon when it was taken? Of course it doesn’t.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:46 PM

33,231 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Again it just depends on how deep you believe the deception goes, or if there is one at all. Rocks are just rocks. Pictures are just pictures. That picture may have really been taken from space, but what does that prove? Does that prove there was actually a human being on their way to the moon when it was taken? Of course it doesn’t.
There was no deception whatsoever. And the moon rocks were formed in an environment very different from the Earth's.
''While most of the minerals in Moon rocks are found on Earth, they were formed in very different environments. Moon rock shows evidence of formation in an extremely dry setting, with low gravitational influence and very little surrounding oxygen.Astronaut_moon_rock

This is completely opposed to the Earth’s environment at the time of formation, approximately between three and four and a half billion years ago. Lunar rocks also contain trapped gases from the solar wind passing them at the time of formation.''

https://www.spaceanswers.com/space-e...ct-with-earth/
Furthermore, while we had the technology to send men to the moon back in the 1960's and 70's, we didn't have the technology to fake going to the moon on video.

Moon Landings Faked? Filmmaker Says Not! | Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loUDS4c3Cs

Oh well. I suppose if you have a need to believe that there was a government conspiracy to fake putting a man on the moon, you can make yourself ignore whatever evidence refutes that hypothesis.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:55 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Why is this thread in the "Science and Technology" forum anyway?? The fundamental premise of this thread is based on an inability to understand the science involved. This thread belongs in the woo-woo forum.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:09 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
This is why they win. Humanity is too stupid and gullible for its own good.

Go ahead, believe the story about JFK, Las Vegas, 9/11 and the Holocaust too while you’re at it, if we’re going to start down this path of accusing people of ignoring facts. The facts are what sink all of these fairytales too I hate to break it to everyone. The heavily ignored and censored facts of course, but that’s not any accident.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:25 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Wernher Von Braun knew it was all nonsense but he wasn’t in much of a position to make any noise about it.

What did he allegedly say about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

I'm not convinced either way and it frustrates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, there would have been thousands of engineers in on the secret as well. Not a peep? Not one person saying on his deathbed "About that..."?

Also, as has been pointed out, hundreds of pounds of lunar material was gathered, been handled by thpusands of scientists (not on the US payroll) and so far - again - not one selenologist has said "Wait a minute..."?

Things would be on a need to know basis only.

Has lunar material been brought back by unmanned missions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space