Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 02:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No abused woman will drive for so many hours with gas cans and food in the car to avoid being seen on a camera just to have sex and drive back home...that is called pre-meditation for whatever she planned to do...add a gun and a knife and man with a sliced throat, 29 stab wounds (9 to the back) and a final gun shot...and you have someone who should get and deserves the death penalty for which I'm all in favor...if it is not 100% sure, I have some doubt about it but she confessed so what more are we waiting for...

Justice for Travis and his family
[/quote]

I, too, am a survivor of abuse. You are absolutely correct. As a matter of fact, once I was able to get away from the person abusing me, there is NO WAY AT ALL that I would be in his presence voluntarily. Someone who has been abused is thinking of nothing but putting distance between themselves and their abuser.

I think she went there to try to convince him to take her to Cancun instead of the other woman. When he refused, she killed him in a rage. By that I do not mean she snapped. I think she's cold and psychotic enough to have a simple equation in her mind: he takes me to Cancun, he lives. he doesn't, he dies.

It's the classic "if I can't have him, no one will".

Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times
All very valid points, morally.
Looking at this from the True Crime Forum point of view,
any professional or amateur legal buffs want to take a crack on defending Jodi? What theory would you present if Jodi was your client? Would you refuse the case?
Assuming, of course, she did not admit lying to you.

Or, on the flip, if you were the prosecutor, what would you do different then Juan? What details would you have focus on? less?
Would you be gentler, avoiding sympathizing jurors, or more aggressive and break her sooner in cross?

Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times

I, too, am a survivor of abuse. You are absolutely correct. As a matter of fact, once I was able to get away from the person abusing me, there is NO WAY AT ALL that I would be in his presence voluntarily. Someone who has been abused is thinking of nothing but putting distance between themselves and their abuser.

I think she went there to try to convince him to take her to Cancun instead of the other woman. When he refused, she killed him in a rage. By that I do not mean she snapped. I think she's cold and psychotic enough to have a simple equation in her mind: he takes me to Cancun, he lives. he doesn't, he dies.

It's the classic "if I can't have him, no one will".[/quote]

I totally agree with that analogy. She's the one who sought him out as well driving nearly 1000 miles to see him. If he was really that bad she should have followed the old proverb that says, "The wicked flee when no one pursueth."

Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

It's the classic "if I can't have him, no one will".[/quote]

I'm so sorry to hear what you went through but any abused person who drives that far to see a person is either crazy or likes the abuse otherwise they will be happy that it finally is over.

The prosecutor clearly pointed out when he went on and on about the one foot theory and the completely out of the shower theory about the time Jodi claims she was so in fear of her life. By pointing this out the prosecutor showed clearly how crazy her story was.

In the beginning I didn't get it but than it clicked...he was showing that a man in shape could easliy have catched up with her and by her telling over and over that there was no lock on the closet door it showed she couldn't have hidden so he should easily have taken a weapon from her and she couldn't have time to reach it.

One person called the Nancy Grace show and stated that Travis has a strange look in his eyes when she took that up front pics in the shower...Perhaps the caller was right when she stated Jodi might have taken that pics with the gun or knife in her hand and it is starting to look like the movie and that bathroom scene without the curtain...

Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

One person called the Nancy Grace show and stated that Travis has a strange look in his eyes when she took that up front pics in the shower...Perhaps the caller was right when she stated Jodi might have taken that pics with the gun or knife in her hand and it is starting to look like the movie and that bathroom scene without the curtain...
Yes, I said that in a post a few days or so ago. He had a puzzled look on his face, as if he was being confronted with something surreal and unexpected. I'm glad someone else noticed that, too.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, I said that in a post a few days or so ago. He had a puzzled look on his face, as if he was being confronted with something surreal and unexpected. I'm glad someone else noticed that, too.
They showed several photos of him on the newsmagazine show last night - was it Dateline? Anyway, after reading these threads I took a close look, and I think that's just how he always looked. The shower photo looks like he just had his head under the showerhead, and the water is still running down out of his hair across his eyes when the photo is taken.

As for premeditation, a lot of it does sound premeditated. But she sure didn't plan the clean up very well. Her bloody palm print on the wall. She left the camera that proved she was there. She's not a stupid woman, and in her right mind she would have known those 2 things alone pinned the crime on her. That doesn't sound like she planned how to get away with it at all.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

I also remember her stressing that the shower door was open and she was sitting back a couple feet so the lens wouldn't get wet. The door is very clearly shut in that photo.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:00 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
They showed several photos of him on the newsmagazine show last night - was it Dateline? Anyway, after reading these threads I took a close look, and I think that's just how he always looked. The shower photo looks like he just had his head under the showerhead, and the water is still running down out of his hair across his eyes when the photo is taken.

As for premeditation, a lot of it does sound premeditated. But she sure didn't plan the clean up very well. Her bloody palm print on the wall. She left the camera that proved she was there. She's not a stupid woman, and in her right mind she would have known those 2 things alone pinned the crime on her. That doesn't sound like she planned how to get away with it at all.
Premeditation can exist in just seconds...even stabbing him and than it becomes overkill can be considered premeditation.

She was dressed and she must have hidden the gun and knife in her close and btw when she drove there with the gun and knife and gas cans that to me is showing premeditation.

He would only live if he would do as she wanted.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I saw the Dateline show and I also live in Phoenix area following the case. I can tell you now that the Mormon Church has no influence on this case.
How do you know what is happening behind closed doors?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Oh man I didn't like that guy. Arrogant, judgmental. Ick. The younger guy who was Travis' friend was fine, he seemed like a nice normal guy. He at least acted like Travis had a part in the sex, whereas the older guy seemed to be saying Jodi lured Travis into being unchaste against his will.
That older guy that you call ''arrogant and judgmental,'' which he was very much so, is the representative of the Mormon Church, from Salt Lake City. And yes, he placed all the blame on Jody, and none toward Travis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime