Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We should get a poll going to see when we predict the jury will announce their verdict. I am hoping for today, but my gut tells me it will be tomorrow. Just so much evidence and such a lengthy trial it will take them a while to go through it all.

What do you guys think ?

Don
I am sickened to think it will come down as manslaughter. I doubt anyone has the guts to put a pretty young woman who sings and writes poems on death row. She calculated her image and I fear her life will be spared due to her clever strategy. And then she'll be out in record time.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
I think the verdict will come on Weds..or Friday. I am not concerned or worried at all. Jodi is nothing but a sick abortion of a person. Just reading those tweets..this should make all REAL victims of violence mad as hell.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I think the verdict will come on Weds..or Friday. I am not concerned or worried at all. Jodi is nothing but a sick abortion of a person. Just reading those tweets..this should make all REAL victims of violence mad as hell.
I haven't seen her tweets, what is she saying

Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Someone wrote Sheriff Arpaio about Arias Tweeting.

Here is the reply:

Trisha,

Sheriff Arpaio received your email and asked that I respond. First off, Jodi Arias, much like the other 800 women at the Estrella Jail, is a pre-trial inmate. This means that they have not yet been found guilty of a crime and still have all the rights that you and I have. She has the right to use the phone to talk to whomever she wants, and that person, who is not in custody, has the right to tweet or Facebook or run a website based off those conversations.

Per the constitution of the United States, the Sheriff cannot intervene, until such time as she has lost those rights. Inmate Arias’ tweets are bothersome to the Sheriff and his Office, however there is nothing we can do at this time to restrict any pre-trial inmates access to the phone.

Thank you for your concern, keep in mind that this is something that we are actively looking at.

Sergeant Brandon Jones
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office
Media Relations Unitponse

Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They said two jurors left today accompanied by Marshals. Wonder what's up, if anything, with that ??

Maybe a fist fight in the jury room.

Don
No problems .. two smokers they allowed to go out and take a smoke break and then return to deliberating. A deputy accompanied them ... he might be a smoker too. LOL

Old 05-07-2013, 03:24 PM

Is this 'waiting' driving any one else NUTS??? I have washed and dried two loads of clothes ... cleaned out my refrigerator ... I keep checking Twitter and all the reporters are waiting and waiting too.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
I very rarely watch Dr. Drew on Watch [or something similar to that program]; however, I did last night. Interesting for the most part -- talked about the jury - time out? deliberations? Why? Some panelists were saying that they felt the jury was probably being careful and prudent because they did not want to give any cause to supposition that they acted too hastily; some felt some of the jurors really wanted to go over every single shred of paperwork/facts/evidence/testimony and of course, a couple of panelists said from the defense's perspective, the longer they are out, the better [potentially] for their client.

And of course presuming that all of the jurors did not watch TV, read the paper, turned the radio dial in the car when the conversation turned to this case; and stayed off the internet.... perhaps they are simply taking their time to make sure no one does think that they already reached a decision on the first day of deliberations.

I concur with some of the above comments - this case is outrageous especially to those women in domestic violence situations -- it negates, in my opinion, the hell that many woman go through and what happens to them when they attempt to get out.

I absolutely do not believe this was about domestic violence and I absolutely do not believe this was about self-defense. Actually, in some ways, it does remind me of the Betty Broderick case -- the Woman Scorned.

WOW.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:01 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile That other case -

Betty Broderick was, in many ways, tortured by the end of her marriage and how her ex-husband treated her. He pulled some very dirty tricks and manipulated her and others.

It would be interesting today to see what kind of a trial she would have.

The children were the losers in this also.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
I don't see a lot of parallels between Betty and Jodi. I think Jodi is in a league of her own. All of the stories about abuse and pedophilia were just created in the past few years as a way to kill Travis all over again and torture his family and friends. If anything I'd call her a female OJ...they share a lot of the same behaviors (stalking, narcissism) and the way they stabbed their victims shows a similar level of rage. They even share the same birthday! Remember when OJ was going to search for the "real killers"? Reminds me a lot of Jodi and her ninja story.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Is this 'waiting' driving any one else NUTS??? I have washed and dried two loads of clothes ... cleaned out my refrigerator ... I keep checking Twitter and all the reporters are waiting and waiting too.
No! I am calm and not guessing a date the verdict will come in. I am actually relieved if 2 jurors needed a smoke break as I honestly believe this jury is taking their huge responsibility very seriously. I think they are reviewing key evidence and talking.

You may not remember but last week I posted the question/ thought of I didn't know how this jury could even find certain details in the testimony given the weeks of garbage that spewed from the stand. It may be rather complex to review details like whether slashing a victim's throat would be a crime of passion or premeditated, as they may be trying to find any non-ARIAS generated testimony that confirms anything she said about the gun, knife etc. Why didn't Mesa PD/ CSI find rope as she claims etc.

I still don't know how they are given the testimony and evidence to review. Do they have laptops with all the testimony, photos etc? And how would information be labeled? Dr. D's testimony is one thing, but if they have to sift through ALV's days of testimony, think how much they would have to review to find a point.

Hopefully, they've put aside her fog statements it is AZ not the Bay Area.

So CW how about coming out to the Intermountain west and help me go through boxes I have in storage, plus patient records I can now shred etc. I've got enough to do that I would welcome the help

I think it is going to be a while.

Hopefully, the Zimmerman and other juries will notice this crew appears to be thinking about what has been presented and their solemn duty to Travis Alexander and his family. They can't bring him back, but they can appropriately consequence ARIAS for killing a human being.

I hope other potential jurors for other trials, as well as those who think young, white ladies will always be set free by juries are thinking as this jury continues to deliberate!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime