Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've still got that hunch that Wednesday will be the day they reach a verdict. I also think that she will get life instead of death. It make me nervous that so many people still somehow think she was justified in committing this horrible slaughter.

Tonight they polled their "jury" on HLN as to whether Jodi was a threat to society, and 2 men actually voted "no". Call me overly cautious, but I don't think I will be looking her up on Christian Mingle if she should go free.

Don
Don't blame you Don. I'd spread the word around to all male (or maybe female) friends. Besides, she might want to go back to her days of witchcraft or whatever her new guy enjoys

MSR

Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
This is just too funny. HLN even has the Judge from the Anna Nicole Smith case on.. You could tell that judge was macking for the camera during that trial. He even cried I think. SO many folks wanting to get famous off this case... what has happened to us? It's sad that the victims often gets lost in all of this. I hope the verdict comes tomorrow. And I hope it/s 1st degree. Anything less will be a stunning defeat for state.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
OJ didn't have a gun, but he did slash Nicole's throat so deep she was almost decapitated (sound familiar?). She had a few other deep penetration wounds and defensive wounds on her hands. Ron Goldman was stabbed 19 times. Both of them also had large contusions on the back of their heads attributed to blunt-force trauma. (I got all of this from TruTV's crime library...not from memory )

Other interesting parallels: OJ went to Nicole's memorial just as Jodi went to her victim's, he had a bandaged finger when the police initially interviewed him and told conflicting stories about how it occurred. Before the infamous white Bronco chase, he gave Robert Kardashian a long rambling letter that proclaimed his innocence and talked about suicide (sounds a lot like the 18-page letter Jodi sent to the Alexanders).

Do you think they could share the same diagnosis? I know that borderline personality disorder is less common in men, but from what I've read, when it does occur in males it can manifest through controlling, stalking behavior and domestic violence. I am just an armchair psychologist, but could they both be sociopaths with BPD? Seems like a highly volatile mix.

OJ, Jodi and Casey in the desert sounds like the reality show from hell!
First, ROFL with your last comment. Dear God, please don't let someone produce and air a show with these 3! It was a hypothetical example on my part of how to truly sort out the sickest of the 3. I still think ARIAS might view it as her next opportunity for a relationship.............. I don't think SHE would run.

Secondly, you're really stirring things up tonight mixing the (in) famous Kardashians with ARIAS. Wonder if Kim and all the K sisters would like to make ARIAS a model or a business partner. Naw, they'd compete for popularity and who had the most stalkers, I mean followers.

Third, Good question about O.J. and his most accurate diagnose. I'll have to give that one some thought as the different groups of Personality Disorders Overlap so Many Symptoms. My gut says, without reviewing anything further, just a MAJOR Narcissistic Personality Disorder, with some other diagnoses added in, like some Substance Abuse and more.

I think ARIAS on the stand gave one of the best "public views" I've seen of a Borderline. I don't get the same feeling of "jello" as some call Borderlines with OJ as ARIAS. HE KNEW WHO HE WAS (At least in his own mind). He certainly had fans, enablers and others who validated his self opinion. Still, I don't get the sense he was looking into the crowd to find out who or what he might next become like ARIAS.

What does everyone else think......

I guess HLN could consider trying what I've suggested, if their ratings tank after this trial........

MSR

Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Actually CarolinaWomen it IS driving me nuts! Way more than the Casey Anthony trial did way more than Scott Petterson too. I can't explain it either..I was working yesterday and hurt my back so I was stuck at home today..I can barely move around so all I can do is read or watch tv. I am a nervous wreck especially after they broke for today!!! How many more days of this is there! and can you imagine how TA family must feel during this time. I keep them all in my prayers!
Sorry about your back I feel for you, I had back surgery and it still acts up sometime ... ice twenty minutes on your back followed by heat for twenty minutes and a good muscle relaxer.

Tomorrow is vacuum day ... unless the verdict comes in ... I just keep Twitter on ... following CBS5az, WildAboutTrials, Justice4Travis. I can't handle HLN all day it's tooooo depressing. I even watched Judge Judy today ... they needed her on this trial ... she is a tough woman.

I hope ... the jury has agreed upon a First Degree Charge but want to hang in there long enough to justify to the court and public that they did deliberate.

Then other things come creeping in ... they can't agree ... all it takes is ONE. Poor Juan had to convince 12 but Nurmi only had to convince ONE. So I fold clothes, clean out refrigerator with thoughts of second degree and manslaughter. But surely not walking out the door.

I sincerely hope and pray if there is jury members voting guilty of first degree they don't cave to pressure and stand firm with their decision. I cannot even imagine what the Alexander family is going through. That is one family that is hurting as we all could see.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Sorry about your back I feel for you, I had back surgery and it still acts up sometime ... ice twenty minutes on your back followed by heat for twenty minutes and a good muscle relaxer.

Tomorrow is vacuum day ... unless the verdict comes in ... I just keep Twitter on ... following CBS5az, WildAboutTrials, Justice4Travis. I can't handle HLN all day it's tooooo depressing. I even watched Judge Judy today ... they needed her on this trial ... she is a tough woman.

I hope ... the jury has agreed upon a First Degree Charge but want to hang in there long enough to justify to the court and public that they did deliberate.

Then other things come creeping in ... they can't agree ... all it takes is ONE. Poor Juan had to convince 12 but Nurmi only had to convince ONE. So I fold clothes, clean out refrigerator with thoughts of second degree and manslaughter. But surely not walking out the door.

I sincerely hope and pray if there is jury members voting guilty of first degree they don't cave to pressure and stand firm with their decision. I cannot even imagine what the Alexander family is going through. That is one family that is hurting as we all could see.
Oh wow! My DR wants me to have surgery but I am too scared right now!! But eventually I will have too. HLN is usually the only channel I have on cable. I think I will look up the ones you mentioned like justice4travis. I know I will be up all night since I came home and took my back medication and snoozed all afternoon!! THis trial is driving me crazy because it lasts soo long! I am surely not going to watch the next one they are already talking about.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I thought the Judge from the CA trial was going to be on NG tonight did anyone else hear that announced yesterday?. I have noticed Judge Perry has been making the rounds on TV lately.
I saw that advertised too ... Judge Belvin Perry to be guest on Nancy Grace tonight. I saw the Today Show video with Judge Perry. I don't think he ever released the names of the Pinellas 12. The jury foreman was on Greta Van Susteren but the camera didn't show his face. I think he was the force behind the 'not guilty' verdict. The nurse to be Jennifer Ford was interviewed on TV and that's it. The rest are in hiding.

An old article:

Casey Anthony 'Seems Like a Horrible Person,' Says Juror - Crime & Courts, Casey Anthony : People.com

I don't know why he is making the media rounds. He is the Chief Judge of Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit ... the head honcho of the circuit. Maybe he is looking for his own TV show when his term is up.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM

I was wondering why all of a sudden he is making media rounds too. I was never impressed with him..and from the start I knew he favored the defense. It was not a popular opinion to have at the time because everyone and their mother was in love with this judge and I have no idea why.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Oh wow! My DR wants me to have surgery but I am too scared right now!! But eventually I will have too. HLN is usually the only channel I have on cable. I think I will look up the ones you mentioned like justice4travis. I know I will be up all night since I came home and took my back medication and snoozed all afternoon!! THis trial is driving me crazy because it lasts soo long! I am surely not going to watch the next one they are already talking about.
The back surgery was wonderful, mine was L4 & L5 ... pure torture pain and in the recovery room it was like the black cloud of pain that surrounded me was gone and it was ... when you have back problems it's like just you and pain living together ... it's all encompassing and you can't seem to get away from it unless the doc gives you some good dope and when that wears off it's you and the pain once again. So don't be afraid of the surgery.

No more trials for me! Zimmerman trial is next. Jury selection starts June 10 and Florida allows media and cameras in the courtroom but I won't be there. LOL I'll just watch Judge Judy.

The jury for that abortion doc in Pennsylvania still hasn't reached a verdict ... been a week today.

I just hope and pray we get our First Degree Verdict tomorrow.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 PM

I think mine is L5 and L6? does that make sence CarolinaWOmen? the Dr wants to put a cage and rods in me. He says I would be out of work 3 months to a year. aAfter backpain gets bad enough you will doo anything to relief the pain. So I am sure I will have it when I can no longer go to work at all. I have a great company I work for thank goodness they understand! As of now My dr does give me good meds but I hate that I have to depend on that to feel "normal".

Anyways I am praying for a verdict tomorrow. I am so nervous I think I could pass out when they announce the verdict!... can you imagine how the family feels??

Last edited by snowchaser2002; 05-07-2013 at 11:20 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
Good interview with Deanna - if you haven't seen it (Dr. Drew needs to learn not to interrupt so much though!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PFbPiianW38
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime