Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 04:29 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
You know we have our own Russian invasion/occupation experience. Last time Russians invited themselves we ended up occupied for 20 years
When did this "last time" happen? When did they exactly "invite themselves?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The morons in "Novorossija" have been compelled to force people into their ranks, and popular support for these bandits is something like 20%. The separatists are nothing but opportunistic mafiosos longing for personal power. Why should anyone support them? Even Putin doesn't, because those are just criminals.
Question - why do tens of thousands of East Ukrainian refugees are running to Russia, ( those who managed to escape) not to the rest of Ukraine?
I'd think that still "the terrorists" don't represent them, they'd run to the neighboring Ukrainian regions and waited out there for the conflict to be resolved.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
When Ukraine runs our of money, Poroshenko will be ousted. And then there's the Maidan III. And Maidan IV, and V, VI, VII. We all know that, thank you very much.

There's absolutely nobody in Europe who thinks Ukraine will be a Western Democracy in the new future. It's a process that take 20-40 years, but if it gets started now, then I'm happy. This was the point I tried to make in the very first post I made in this thread.
I assure you there will be no "20-40 years." If Ukraine ever meant to be "democratic state," it should be lined up behind Russia. It was Russia to begin with, that was supposed to be "democratic state" within 20 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but the US "economic advisers" made damn sure that it wouldn't happen. And "democratic Ukraine" - some "new glorious Slavic state" without democratic Russia is yet another failed American project - alas.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:28 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
I hope the Ukrainian Special Forces (aka deployment groups/einzatsgruppen) are not using napalm. The local news in Finland about the conflict in Ukraine are very limited and mostly basic stuff.
No, napalm is not there, but there was information about cluster bombs.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Question - why do tens of thousands of East Ukrainian refugees are running to Russia, ( those who managed to escape) not to the rest of Ukraine?
I'd think that still "the terrorists" don't represent them, they'd run to the neighboring Ukrainian regions and waited out there for the conflict to be resolved.
Day before yesterday I read the tweets of a girl with a child, who was trying to leave Slavyansk by car. She barely managed to go through the checkpoints (in Russian forums people make a fuss, and it seems that she received assistance someone from locals). The worst thing is that her relatives in Kharkiv did not take her to their. They said, that she is from Slavyansk and they can not let her into their house. It's awful.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 07-03-2014 at 10:12 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Day before yesterday I read the tweets of a girl with a child, who was trying to leave Slavyansk by car. She barely managed to go through the checkpoints (in Russian forums people make a fuss, and it seems that she has helped someone from locals). The worst thing is that her relatives in Kharkiv did not take her to their. They said, that she is from Slavyansk and they can not let her into their house. It's awful.
I saw a video on Youtube earlier today - Ukrainians placed snipers in the area of Izvarino, close to the control check-point between Ukraine and Russia. They are shooting at passing cars; there was the whole bunch of destroyed cars there on the road, most likely with dead people inside.
Since then this video became private as I can see.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:19 PM

Systems of salvo fire is firing at Nikolaevka (a suburb of Slavyansk)

Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 PM

This new Ukrainian state that claims to be "democratic" but in reality is built on a big dose of nationalism and hatred doesn't have bright future, if any.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 PM

202 posts, read 224,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Maybe you like german occupation or american? Did you forget that Red Army liberated your country in WWII?
Did you forget that Red army started the II WW together with Germany ?
When US occupied Czech republic or Slovakia ??
And BTW do you know why American Army couldn't liberate whole Czechoslovakia during the II WW even though the US army was already in Prague far before Red army ?
Study before you post some of your nonsenses .

Old 07-03-2014, 11:37 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Time to check the latest morning news. According to Finnish news outlets Ukrainian defence minister Valeri Heletey has promised to annex back parts of Crimea. Ukraine is also going to arrange a victory parade in Sevastopol. Ukraine also appointed a new militant commandant, lieutenant general Viktor Mu enkon (trained by the Soviets).

In other news: Some trouble in Israel also as usual. But that's something the US needs to sort out. But maybe not on the 4th of July.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-03-2014 at 11:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe