Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

"Ceasefire" in Mariupol. September 6th. Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05U_ptE1jyg

( "Everyone is running away from Vostochnoe. The lights are off in the windows - people are leaving. And the first who left with first sound of shelling were Ukrainian military - they've jumped in their tanks and left. Such brave warriors. Only soldiers stayed behind now.")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 09:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Post #6209 at .50 secs. I almost called my daughter to ask her how she got a gig in a video.

Erasure. A very good point you bring to light there. I wonder if this has anything to do with it also. I think it does, Cossacks don't like to pay taxes. People wonder why Russians are coming form all over Asia to take part in this. Well, they may all be Cossacks.

Don Cossacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems fighting has died down but in some areas it still goes on. People are leaving Mariupol all night long.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:58 AM

235 posts, read 211,265 times
Default Ukraine has NO future

Soon military operations will be resumed. The truce is favorable to nobody.

It is a little humour (for Americans)

Old 09-07-2014, 02:10 PM

I didn't vote at all. The only "choice" I had was between Dumb and Dumber. I'd just as soon kick myself in the balls.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:20 PM

34 posts, read 120,328 times
they should remain independent and form one big country like that:

ukraine, serbia, bulgaria, macedonia, hungary = One country.

Without russia and without the west.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:21 PM

Baccardi has a good idea, a Slavic Union. Too bad we'll never see it.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Baccardi has a good idea, a Slavic Union. Too bad we'll never see it.
there was Yugoslavia once - we saw it.

Stalin didn't like yugoslavia and yet it existed...are you trying to say that Obama is harder leader than Stalin? Even the name "stalin" comes from "steel" and yet....Tito put the georgian in place.

In order for "Slavic union" to exist all we need is will. I've thought of the term slavic union before actually, it sounds OK but Slavic also means Belarus and...Russia - and this is more like Soviet Union #2. I don't think we need another soviet union, not at all.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:57 PM

Well I think the Slavic peoples really need to stand up for themselves collectively. I tried talking to a guy on youtube about how Ukraine with this situation is just prostituting itself. He said they have no choice which is dead wrong. You can go on charity and be exploited or you can tell the people trying to get your stuff the way it's going to be.

Kievs posture/attitude now is submissive, like a beggar. Ukraine has tremendous potential. Ukrainian politicians should be smart enough to tell the gas companies "Sure, you can come and drill here BUT.......... you're going to pay us first. If you don't agree, then there's the door." Ukrainian people are not whores, their politicians and oligarchs are treating them as such. It's better to scrabble in the dirt than allow yourself to be exploited. What's going on there now is nothing more than the same old gimmick America has been using for centuries. Divide with warfare, conquer by installing your own bought politicians and then exploit the people and natural resources.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baccardi123 View Post
they should remain independent and form one big country like that:

ukraine, serbia, bulgaria, macedonia, hungary = One country.

Without russia and without the west.

Yes, I'm sure Hungary will give up its EU/NATO memberships, and Macedonia will back down from trying to join them, to form a union with the likes of Ukraine and Serbia.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
Yes, I'm sure Hungary will give up its EU/NATO memberships, and Macedonia will back down from trying to join them, to form a union with the likes of Ukraine and Serbia.
I am sure you didn't expect north korea to have nuclear bomb either...nor were you expecting ISIS...nor the haiti earthquake.

newsflash: Hungary currently doesn't like the eu at all. Not sure why you mention just hungary since bulgaria is nato/eu member too but my bet is you consider hungary the only "remotely civilized" country in europe and not a total "helhole" like russia/texas, and since your guess is they're the only one currently in nato/eu.

Besides...are Hungary and Macedonia actually important? Macedonia: about 2 million people, hated by mostly everyone in the region. Hungary: Not linked to anyone in the region.

need i go on?? will spare ya, no probs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe