Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 04:44 AM

78,350 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I thought California was shutting down all nuclear power plants. There is only one operating and it is going to be decomissioned.
After being warned of big shortages by their own power commission for well over a year, the governor and others are now trying to reverse that.

Hopefully they succeed but the zealots are opposing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 06:00 AM

45,209 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
The free market is already there. The auto makers had previously announced in recent years there transition plans to EVs by that year.

Some will be all EV by the end of this decade.

The CA law is irrelevant.
You wouldnt know the free market if it whooped you upside your head.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:07 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Well I guess more people will move out of that dump. Sadly they take their politics with them and destroy other states. They ruined Colorado. Texas is next up, they will destroy that and then Florida. They are like a cancer spreading across the US. Sad.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Well I guess more people will move out of that dump. Sadly they take their politics with them and destroy other states. They ruined Colorado. Texas is next up, they will destroy that and then Florida. They are like a cancer spreading across the US. Sad.
Tennessee too. They may be worse than illegals, because they think their birthright gives them license to destroy our way of life.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:19 AM

1,999 posts, read 862,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
For those of you who are against any sort of electric vehicles, you do realize that this has happened many times through history, right?

1. Engines replacing horse and buggies
2. Printing presses replacing scribes
3. Robots replacing factory workers
4. Diesel and electric trains replacing steam locomotives

I would imagine that within 20yr, the majority of passenger vehicles will be electric. As technology catches up, electric vehicles will become cheaper and become more efficient.

Think about cell phones from 20yr ago compared to today's phones.
Electricity is a secondary energy source. That means that fossil fuels produce the majority of the energy to create electricity. You do realize that coal is used as a primary energy sources to produce electricity?

I'm all for technology and moving forward, but don't try to sell me something as clean and efficient when it's not. It's a false front.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:22 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,892,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Excellent news for China. So much market share in the battery mineral mining industry. Great news for any foreign supplier of fossil fuels that are needed to produce the batteries for electric vehicles. it’s going to be a windfall for them once the rest of the country gets on the bandwagon.
Yep. And notice that China is not making efforts to 'go green'. They are building more coal plants than anyone.

Quote:
China is Currently Building Over Half of The World's New Coal-based Power Plants. In 2021, China began building 33 gigawatts of coal-based power generation, according to the Helsinki-based Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA).
https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-po...d-power-plants

Better start learning Mandarin...

Old 08-25-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
As I noted above, the CA law is pointless. The market has been rapidly moving towards EVs. Automakers have already announced their transition plans (by that year or years sooner), but your fake outrage is noted.
We don't have a free market

Old 08-25-2022, 06:42 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Where's all the electricity going to come from? There isn't enough electricity to go around now.
Good question. There are 15 lithium batteries in your cordless power drill to charge. No big deal. But there are 6,831 lithium batteries in a Tesla Roadster!

That's 900 pounds of batteries everyone has to charge each day! Or like owning 455 cordless power drills!

This is why I say that the EV's of today are basically giant smartphones on wheels. Or, a huge battery on wheels run by computer that people sit in.

Seems the real goal is to get people to stop driving and stay home? But don't worry, you'll still go 'places', just virtually on the metaverse.

Eventually very few will be able to afford an EV and you'll rent an autonomous EV pod to pick you up and take you places.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:47 AM

43,061 posts, read 18,237,901 times
According to what I read only the sale of new gas powered cars will be banned.
Used gas car sales will still be allowed.

What I predict is that people will go to other states and buy their gas cars.

I think this is going to backfire on them.

But Newsom is intent on leading the world on the march to 0 emissions.

And this man wants to be President.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:50 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Next because of the high use of electric , they will have restrictions of how many miles you can drive and limit the use of your electric. Oh, it is coming..Wind and solar cannot supply the demand and anyone thinking that is dumb as a rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies