Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Down grading , i don't know your heart , so how do i know how much credit you credit to yourself for salvation
Your continue your slander even after all that that has been said. That is very telling of your mindset

In the meanwhile I enjoy watching you tear apart the very foundation of your belief that all men are saved. All of a sudden you believe in sovereignty of God and the fact that not everyone are called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Read the bible - my God's big.
You too. I read it every day.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your continue your slander even after all that that has been said. That is very telling of your mindset

In the meanwhile I enjoy watching you tear apart the very foundation of your belief that all men are saved. All of a sudden you believe in sovereignty of God and the fact that not everyone are called.
I just read through the last few pages... what the devil are you talking about?

The sovereignty of God... "and the FACT that not everyone are called?"

Slander?

I saw nothing of the sort. It seems as though you cannot defend your position and so resort to this.. Sad.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I just read through the last few pages... what the devil are you talking about?.
Read again and let it sink in, and you shall see.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Why do you resort to shouting slander or all the other stuff you come up with when someone challenges what you believe ?. This is what sends men to war and the cause of abuse , history proves this , and it's not solely Islam that has done this but christendom itself.

God is sovereign His will will be done , what does not everyone is called have to do with the restitution of all things ?

He opens our hearts so that we see and believe , you believe that we have to open some imaginary door to our heart .

Slander because i do not accept that man cannot find his own way back to God , because the scripture says we are lost because the scripture says there are none that seek after him, because the scripture says that he was found by them that sought me not , because the scripture says he chose not the other way round , because the scripture say we were lost and found.

I actually think it's slander of the scriptures to say and believe anything different .

The angry mad Uni

Last edited by pcamps; 06-01-2010 at 10:09 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Slander because i do not accept that man cannot find his own way back to God
I was referring to continued accusations about me stealing credit from God, even after I said several times that I give him all the credit for saving me.

He knocked at the door, and I chose to open and let him in.

You don't even realize that I never said that I found God all without his help. You assumed it and then went on to repeat over and over that I had made such claim and that I was stealing credit from God.

Again, he knocked, and I opened. So, yes he found me, and I accepted his offer. I'd say pretty much everyone in this country has heard the knocking, yet many don't answer the door.

At this point it sounds like you agree that there is a narrow gate and an open gate. Yes, or no? But you believe that all men take the narrow gate because God makes it so. Yes, or no? Then what is the point of Jesus warning about the wide gate (in Luke)? Why did he say you must do all in your power to go through the narrow gate, because only a few can get through it, and that the wide gate is the way to destruction? And he says that those who failed to go through the narrow gate are evildoers, and the owner of the house will not let them in. But you insist that in the end he will let everyone in anyway. So, are everyone forced through the narrow gate, or are those who choose the wide gate allowed in contrary to what Jesus said about them being left outside? There is just too much contradiction in your message.

Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.' 27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Quote:
The angry mad Uni
You should ask God to remove the venom from your heart.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-01-2010 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Moderators i apologize for getting drawn into going off topic .

Although i did my best to pull each of my posts back to the OP.

The angry Universalist

Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman
No one births themselves, no one chooses to be born.
Eeeehhh... we are not discussing physical birth here .
You think I was only speaking of physical birth?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:00 PM

I would also like to apologize. Despite of my desperate attempts to cling to the topic, I allowed myself to be distracted and drawn off to other topics. Even now someone is trying to lure me to discuss natural birth vs spiritual birth, but this time I will reply with a "NO" :

Old 06-01-2010, 01:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
I was referring to continued accusations about me stealing credit from God, even after I said several times that I give him all the credit for saving me.

He knocked at the door, and I chose to open and let him in.

You don't even realize that I never said that I found God all without his help. You assumed it and then went on to repeat over and over that I had made such claim and that I was stealing credit from God.

Again, he knocked, and I opened. So, yes he found me, and I accepted his offer. I'd say pretty much everyone in this country has heard the knocking, yet many don't answer the door.

At this point it sounds like you agree that there is a narrow gate and an open gate. Yes, or no? But you believe that all men take the narrow gate because God makes it so. Yes, or no? Then what is the point of Jesus warning about the wide gate (in Luke)? Why did he say you must do all in your power to go through the narrow gate, because only a few can get through it, and that the wide gate is the way to destruction? And he says that those who failed to go through the narrow gate are evildoers, and the owner of the house will not let them in. But you insist that in the end he will let everyone in anyway. So, are everyone forced through the narrow gate, or are those who choose the wide gate allowed in contrary to what Jesus said about them being left outside? There is just too much contradiction in your message.

Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.' 27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

You should ask God to remove the venom from your heart.
Many will try to enter... but will not be able to. It is not dependent on man's desire but God's mercy.

You still don't see that you choosing to "open the door" as opposed to others not opening the door is you aiding your own salvation.

"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber."

The Universalism stance is that your choice was not yours to make but God's. Taking credit for that is entering the sheep pen by climbing in by some other way.

Universalism would be the end to frivolous fighting/wars because the objective is to love your enemies to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity