Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I know. I'm sure the Lord is so pleased
What is your understanding of Jesus being the light that lights everyone coming into the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
heh-heh, it continues:

He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. 11 He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. 12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God

LOL. The cherry picking and presenting verses out of context never ends.
Finn I am not cherry picking I was asking how does Jesus light every man who comes into the world
?

Old 05-28-2010, 05:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What is your understanding of Jesus being the light that lights everyone coming into the world
I believe he gives light to every man, but many do not see the light which is evident in the following verses.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I believe he gives light to every man, but many do not see the light which is evident in the following verses.
That is obvious by evil deeds and thoughts from both christian and non christian alike ................

Our carnal natures brings forth bad fruit and is to be consumed be fire -- what sort of light does he give every man? --- if it is a spoken gospel of believe in Jesus and be saved from eternal hell what light has been given to those that we know never heard of Jesus so they never had a chance to be saved from the eternal hell?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
That is obvious by evil deeds and thoughts from both christian and non christian alike ................

Our carnal natures brings forth bad fruit and is to be consumed be fire -- what sort of light does he give every man? --- if it is a spoken gospel of believe in Jesus and be saved from eternal hell what light has been given to those that we know never heard of Jesus so they never had a chance to be saved from the eternal hell?
I leave that up to the Lord. I believe He reveals Himself to everyone.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I leave that up to the Lord. I believe He reveals Himself to everyone.
IMO you are not seeking truth with your whole heart and soul -- you are content to hear a message that saves you from an eternal hell and gives you life forever, And I know/suspect that in your opinion you think I am deceived by Satan.

You do not see the verses that say that Israel profaned Gods name among the heathen, and told lies in his name.

From what I can see Christians think that the Israelites/Jews did not record the profanity in their writings ---- but we are told that the scribes (the writers that record) and the prophets and priests (those that mediate between God and his people) were dealing falsely.

Quote:
Jer 8:5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.
Jer 8:6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.
Jer 8:7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.
Jer 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
Jer 8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
Jer 8:10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
Jer 8:11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
Jer 8:12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Quote:
Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-28-2010 at 06:58 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
IMO you are not seeking truth with your whole heart and soul -- you are content to hear a message that saves you from an eternal hell and gives you life forever, And I know/suspect that in your opinion you think I am deceived by Satan.

You do not see the verses that say that Israel profaned Gods name among the heathen, and told lies in his name.

From what I can see Christians think that the Israelites/Jews did not record the profanity in their writings ---- but we are told that the scribes (the writers that record) and the prophets and priests (those that mediate between God and his people) were dealing falsely.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you and I are on two different pages.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you and I are on two different pages.
Obviously!!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Obviously!!
What you wrote had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:30 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:

meerkat, please show me in the scripture that says there are ..... "those that we know never heard of Jesus so they never had a chance to be saved from the eternal hell" ?

You keep making this statement and I would like to know where you are reading this in the word !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity