Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Another dope who doesn't read and gets upset. Since you personally attacked me, I'd love to see your picture and how "beautiful" you are. I'd more than likely wouldn't take a first or second look, but there is the 1% chance you are actually pretty. To answer your question, since you are too lazy to read..

Bathing = health impact (practical/logical)
Brushing teeth = health impact (practical/logical)
Makeup = toxic in some products, no health impact

I couldn't careless what you do, or that most women wear makeup. Everyone knows I wouldn't be with a woman who wears makeup on a day to day basis, it is my personal preference as it is yours to put toxic chemicals for others to see.

Why would I be threatened by a woman's sexuality? I am a man, and it has nothing to do with me or my selection of women other than a warn shot that you are insecure in your natural appearance.

Men apparently have no problem landing jobs without makeup, but I guess you have some sexist excuse for why that is. You are pathetic and below me, next?

I'm a dude but thanks for playing.

I'm sure it's more the other way around, no woman who wears makeup would be with you. Which is the problem. If you weren't so insecure, you wouldn't have took the time to start this ridiculous thread attacking woman. So you don't like woman that wear makeup. First off, that's just absurd. If true, you have deep emotional issues. Again, screams insecure. Maybe a female authority figure violated you as a child. If so, in all seriousness, seek therapy. I'm not kidding. If not? who are you to judge someone for the choices they make that do not hurt you or effect you? Ah, nobody. nobody. And that's the problem. In your day to day world, your insignificant. You're nobody. Tired of woman rejecting you? Is this how you lash out? Pathetic. So you see, it is you that is pathetic, and very far below me. But I guess when you lack the intellect to argue a shallow ridiculous viewpoint, you have no other recourse other than to sling insults at someone. These are the type responses one can expect. Predictable. Funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 05:15 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I wear makeup so I don't scare little children.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
I dated a girl a long time ago who was pretty with makeup, but she didnt seem to know how to apply it properly. I eventually saw her without makeup and she was a knockout, much better looking with zero makeup, i was floored and didnt realize how good looking she was, i asked her if it would be ok to NOT wear makeup when we go out and she was like "NO WAY" she didnt realize that she was much hotter without any makeup, maybe some women are just trained to wear it for psychological reasons....who's to say how Max Factor and other makeup companies have 'trained' women like sheep to use makeup like a crutch.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I dated a girl a long time ago who was pretty with makeup, but she didnt seem to know how to apply it properly. I eventually saw her without makeup and she was a knockout, much better looking with zero makeup, i was floored and didnt realize how good looking she was, i asked her if it would be ok to NOT wear makeup when we go out and she was like "NO WAY" she didnt realize that she was much hotter without any makeup, maybe some women are just trained to wear it for psychological reasons....who's to say how Max Factor and other makeup companies have 'trained' women like sheep to use makeup like a crutch.
That was your opinion. Get it? Would you like it if you began dating a woman who told you to dress differently or buy a different car? Most men like long hair and frown upon a woman getting a haircut. When I get my hair cut, I do it because it makes me feel better. The last thing on my mind is whether or not a man will think I look better. Men have such an inflated opinion of their existence. The world needs male sperm for procreation. Otherwise, we can do just fine without you.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
Women feel that they are not pretty, not beautify enough, do not have natural beauty. So they impose on themselves all these requirements of doing themselves up so it makes up for their self concept of lacking beauty. Based on this a whole industry has grown that feeds off of this insecurity.
I can only speak for myself, and this may sound conceited, but hell, I know I'm pretty.

I just look PRETTIER with a little bit of makeup! When I put on some red lipstick, or really spike up my eyelashes with a good mascara, I feel SASSY as well as pretty. Sparkly. Girly. It's fun!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 AM

365 posts, read 490,235 times
I think you should change the title from need to want. No one needs to wear make up... They want to but it's not a need in life. Yes, women like to wear make-up.... Do they need to wear it? Ehhh, naw. All wants > Needs when we're talking about [items that have lesser meaning then living]

Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
I wear some concealer, eyeliner, mascara, powder and soft lips lip balm. If I take off my makeup, you'll still know it's me. I wear it to look a little less tired. When I was younger I wore a lot more of it simply because I liked putting it on.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Another dope who doesn't read and gets upset. Since you personally attacked me, I'd love to see your picture and how "beautiful" you are. I'd more than likely wouldn't take a first or second look, but there is the 1% chance you are actually pretty. To answer your question, since you are too lazy to read..

Bathing = health impact (practical/logical)
Brushing teeth = health impact (practical/logical)
Makeup = toxic in some products, no health impact

I couldn't careless what you do, or that most women wear makeup. Everyone knows I wouldn't be with a woman who wears makeup on a day to day basis, it is my personal preference as it is yours to put toxic chemicals for others to see.

Why would I be threatened by a woman's sexuality? I am a man, and it has nothing to do with me or my selection of women other than a warn shot that you are insecure in your natural appearance.

Men apparently have no problem landing jobs without makeup, but I guess you have some sexist excuse for why that is. You are pathetic and below me, next?
Not all makeup is toxic. Many people seek out natural makeup and wear it.

It's not a social or cultural norm for men to wear makeup so of course it does not effect a man's ability to land a job. It is a social/cultural norm for women to wear makeup and it can effect their ability to land a job.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Not all makeup is toxic. Many people seek out natural makeup and wear it.

It's not a social or cultural norm for men to wear makeup so of course it does not effect a man's ability to land a job. It is a social/cultural norm for women to wear makeup and it can effect their ability to land a job.
Yes, exactly. I was told by my ex-boss that it didn't look like I took my job seriously because I didn't wear makeup or do my hair when I came into work. I was working as a mechanic at the time and didn't think it was necessary for me to wear a full face of makeup and do my hair (I put it back in a ponytail, it was neat but plain) when I was covered in grease and skydrol.

It can definitely affect a woman's ability to get a job and promotions.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I'm a dude but thanks for playing.

I'm sure it's more the other way around, no woman who wears makeup would be with you. Which is the problem. If you weren't so insecure, you wouldn't have took the time to start this ridiculous thread attacking woman. So you don't like woman that wear makeup. First off, that's just absurd. If true, you have deep emotional issues. Again, screams insecure. Maybe a female authority figure violated you as a child. If so, in all seriousness, seek therapy. I'm not kidding. If not? who are you to judge someone for the choices they make that do not hurt you or effect you? Ah, nobody. nobody. And that's the problem. In your day to day world, your insignificant. You're nobody. Tired of woman rejecting you? Is this how you lash out? Pathetic. So you see, it is you that is pathetic, and very far below me. But I guess when you lack the intellect to argue a shallow ridiculous viewpoint, you have no other recourse other than to sling insults at someone. These are the type responses one can expect. Predictable. Funny.

I'm not attacking women, this thread has been corroborated by a psychological abstract by people who know much more about human psychology than you or I. It essentially distilled the reasons of why women or men use makeup into two categories. (I will help you out since you can't read very well.) Camouflage or Seduction.

I'm hardly attacking women on a personal level, but this is a psychological phenomena that I am interested in and I personally would rather be with a women who uses little or no makeup and I find beautiful than a woman who wear makeup excessively, daily or cannot do the most basic things in life without it. If you like women in makeup, that is awesome; and your right.

The ridiculous viewpoint and intellectual attack you make shows that you yourself are not very smart and letting your emotions get the best of you. I don't need to defend myself, I have the backing of scientific evidence to support my presumptions. I am hardly offend at your armchair psychological evaluation of me, I actually cherish it. I enjoy eliciting responses that have no shred of reason but are fueling emotionally charged antics to defend the defenseless.

Noble but foolish, and a great insight into your personal struggles with facts and reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty