Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 06:37 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I for one would refuse to carry it.
Do you drive? Do you have a drivers license?

Do states issue State ID's for / to those who do not drive?

Simply require MVD's around the country to verify immigration status at time of licensure and issue licenses/ID's to only LEGAL immigrants / Citizens.

Case Closed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 09:22 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Hardly concealable, one is a revolver the other is a rifle. It is the cowboy way.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM

13 posts, read 28,636 times
Default If you only had clue

I am a Journeymen plumber. Most of the work I seen by mainly illegal work is not up to code, and the people you trust to inspect that work are either braindead or paid off. So are you telling me that a 4,000 year old trade should suddenly be done wrong for a cheaper wage. I have seen things that could very easily poison a family, and have reported it to proper authorities though it usually goes unanswered . Only thing is you are the morons that insist on having your cheap labor.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:10 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJORDHEIMER View Post
I am a Journeymen plumber. Most of the work I seen by mainly illegal work is not up to code, and the people you trust to inspect that work are either braindead or paid off. So are you telling me that a 4,000 year old trade should suddenly be done wrong for a cheaper wage. I have seen things that could very easily poison a family, and have reported it to proper authorities though it usually goes unanswered . Only thing is you are the morons that insist on having your cheap labor.
Just the illegal lovers like that are so numerous in this group.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
the people you trust to inspect that work are either braindead or paid off.
That is a government problem, not an illegal worker problem. For myself, I see conscientious inspectors on all construction projects I have been involved in. And I am still waiting for Ozark baby to show where I have stated approval of illegal immigration. You see, it is easy to throw red herrings, not so easy to provide data that does not exist.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
I think the question here is who has had their job given away to someone else by their U.S. employer? People are not "stealing" our jobs, or at least they don't see it that way. They're being offered jobs and are accepting them. Instead of being angry at them, our anger should be focused on the employer. The decision makers that are giving our jobs away. For every legal citizen who loses their job to an illegal alien, someone is getting richer - and you can bet most of them are fellow Americans. Legal Americans. As much as this blows, it's capitalism. Some of us control our own professional and career destiny while most of us are employees...someone else controls it. I'm an employee myself but so far, my job looks secure. A friend of mine went into business for herself due to this reason. She and her husband cant' be fired. They work out of their homes most of the time. Have more time with their kids and are responsible for their own success or lack of. She said it's very empowering. Maybe one day I'll get my act together and do the same?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
I think the question here is who has had their job given away to someone else by their U.S. employer? People are not "stealing" our jobs, or at least they don't see it that way. They're being offered jobs and are accepting them. Instead of being angry at them, our anger should be focused on the employer. The decision makers that are giving our jobs away. For every legal citizen who loses their job to an illegal alien, someone is getting richer - and you can bet most of them are fellow Americans. Legal Americans. As much as this blows, it's capitalism. Some of us control our own professional and career destiny while most of us are employees...someone else controls it. I'm an employee myself but so far, my job looks secure. A friend of mine went into business for herself due to this reason. She and her husband cant' be fired. They work out of their homes most of the time. Have more time with their kids and are responsible for their own success or lack of. She said it's very empowering. Maybe one day I'll get my act together and do the same?
Great point but it's much easier to scapegoat the undocumented.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Any person who can be replaced by a worker from Mexico who probably has no more than a 6th grade education (the last free year in Mexico) needs to seriously think about the choices they have made.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:26 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Any person who can be replaced by a worker from Mexico who probably has no more than a 6th grade education (the last free year in Mexico) needs to seriously think about the choices they have made.
Get off your high horse. Just cause there are jobs YOU don't want, doesn't mean that there aren't AMERICANS who will happily do those jobs for a livable wage, and have done so for years to support their families. Now, those positions are being filled by illegals for less than half the pay, and that American can no longer live off the wage and support his family. Illegal immigration exists so the rich can get richer, you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. People who do construction, wash dishes, clean hotel rooms, etc. are still people, and if that's how they choose to support themselves they have every right to do so, where an illegal has NO RIGHT, and it is NOT up to you to judge them for their choices.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
GreatBasinGuide,
I must respectfully disagree with you on this one.
There are several jobs that use to be high paying Skilled Labor Union Type jobs that have disappeared in the last 10 years. I'm thinking Painter, Mason, Carpenter, Carpet Layer, most of your Construction Trades. The Business Owners hired folks at a much lower pay scale and didin't pass the saving on to the consumer, They just made more profit for themselves. Not the Immigrant's fault but the greedy business man's.
However had the Immigrant not been there, Salaries would have remained at the previous levels..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration