Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,567,808 times
Well, there was a murder there not too long ago and last weeks paper said there was another burglary in Saw Creek..........I'd say that is enough to convince me!

Old 11-08-2007, 05:06 PM

246 posts, read 593,915 times
I respect your view.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-di View Post
Hi. I just got hired at Tobyhanna Army Depot and have until October to find a place to live. I'm not looking to buy until I know the area better, so I need to find a place to rent. My home town is Lebanon, about 2 hours South. I would like to stay close to the Depot during the week, but I will be going back to Lebanon every weekend. I know that Scranton is close to the Depot, but I was trying to find something that wasn't so North, since I will be traveling back to Lebanon every weekend. I'm single, have no kids, and will only be there 4 or 5 nights a week, so anything not too fancy and cheap will work fine. Pocono Pines seemed like a good location, but I don't know if there are any rentals there, nor do i know how to find out.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.
hi this may be a weird question but how do you get hired at tobyhanna my husband has been trying for months he is quilfied for the mechanics but nothing ever happens. i know you have to use keywords on ur resume but nothing is working out sucks because they are hiring now if you can help that would be great its great you have a job there good place to work

Old 11-11-2007, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,898 times
Default Hi Molly looking to find the right area to buy a house

WHats going on Molly this is my 1st time posting on this site I just had a few questions for you if you would be nice enough to respond. I am a guy in my mid 30's and me and a couple of my friends would like to buy a vacation home in the poconos area. We dont know the right neighborhoods to be looking im. We are all from NYC and are looking for a location near skiing and ATV accessible areas preferably on a lake but not a deal breaker. We are looking in the 200k-300k range. We also want to be close to some sort of nightlife if possible. I know their are a lot of new developments going up can you point us in the right direction where we can get the most for are $. Possibly even some nice foreclosure listings? Thank you so much looking forward to hearing from you. Jeff

Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM

246 posts, read 593,915 times
In that price range you should to be able to get something nice.Maybe try looking in Big bass lake,lake harmony or lake naomi just to name a few.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Hey Molly looking to buy vacation home with friends please help

WHats going on Molly this is my 1st time posting on this site I just had a few questions for you if you would be nice enough to respond. I am a guy in my mid 30's and me and a couple of my friends would like to buy a vacation home in the poconos area. We dont know the right neighborhoods to be looking im. We are all from NYC and are looking for a location near skiing and ATV accessible areas preferably on a lake but not a deal breaker. We are looking in the 200k-300k range. We also want to be close to some sort of nightlife if possible. I know their are a lot of new developments going up can you point us in the right direction where we can get the most for are $. Possibly even some nice foreclosure listings? Thank you so much looking forward to hearing from you. Jeff

Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM

thank you for your response where can I find info on those communities. I actually had a house in big bass lake growing up in the early 80's is it still a strong and safe community?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,695,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfeldman74 View Post
thank you for your response where can I find info on those communities. I actually had a house in big bass lake growing up in the early 80's is it still a strong and safe community?
Pocono Commuter Communities Page (http://pocono.commuterclub.org/directories/communities/communities.asp - broken link)
This is something MollyMe posted last week, scroll down and you can see about each community that is around here in the Poconos.
One of the best is Lk. Naomi, and that is very well respected.
Towamensing Trails, might have a fixer upper and that has a great club, and wonderful beaches.
Bear Lake Est. over that way also is nice.....lake for electric motors.
Some seem to like Bass Lake........
There are too many to mention. But, lots of information is abound here if you look through some threads........

Old 11-12-2007, 06:25 AM

422 posts, read 2,007,653 times
Hey, I'm here. Thanks for sharing and showing this newbie some info!!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 7,555 times
Red face Moving to Stroudsburg

Hi Molly,
We are relocating to Stroudsburg from Ca on Nov 26th due to a business decision. Anyway, I have a few questions I hope you can answer. We found an adorable house off of Broad St in Stroudsburg. Are you familiar with this area? What about the elementary schools? Which ones would you suggest? Also what is the nearest airport to Stroudsburg? Any ohter reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
crystal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania