Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 05:51 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,062,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Let's not sit here and act as if Jacksonville is not a good football team, because they are. If they keep that defense in tact for the next couple of years they will be a serious contender in the AFC.
Very much so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:13 PM

6,448 posts, read 4,935,011 times
I have been a Pats fan since I went to school in Boston in the late 1960's. I lived in Buffalo but we all know what kind of team they had. Once the Brady - Belichick era started I was in heaven. A quality team and organization which has won 5 Superbowls and a zillion AFC championships and AFC East ones as well. You knew the Pats were gonna win this one by the end of the 2nd quarter. No matter what happens they always find a way to win. Toss long balls, have your receiver tangle up with the defense and get a penalty, they think of everything. You don't win 5 Superbowls by luck. The last 2 were truly amazing. Brady is the greatest of all time and Belichick is one of the greatest of all time. Looks like the Eagles up next. Brady injures thumb, Gronk konked out, no problem, someone else will step up. If it wasn't for those circus catches by the Giants the Pats might have won 6 or 7 by now. A class organization if there ever was one and one that will be studied in textbooks for decades to come. Look at the last 2, Atlanta and Seattle looked unbeatable and the games looked like certain defeats, but who won in the end. The Pats.

Last edited by Thundarr457; 01-21-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 06:48 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,062,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I have been a Pats fan since I went to school in Boston in the late 1960's.
Yup.

When I hear Pats haters, I just quietly remember the days/years trudging up from the cheap parking by Foxboro Raceway and sitting on those frigid aluminum benches and going home sad. This is sweet.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:50 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Let's not sit here and act as if Jacksonville is not a good football team, because they are. If they keep that defense in tact for the next couple of years they will be a serious contender in the AFC.
Who cares? This is the Pats thread not the jags.

Jags are decent no more no less. A 10-6 team that played the easiest schedule in the NFL this season. They also play in what may be the toughest division in the AFC next season with BY FAR the worst QB in that division

I will be SHOCKED if Jags make the playoffs next year.

Hey you feel differently great but there is no objective reason to believe the Jags will be “serious” contenders in the AFC for years to come.

Kind of like what everyone said about the Raiders last season. How’d that work out?

Old 01-21-2018, 07:00 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,294,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Yup.

When I hear Pats haters, I just quietly remember the days/years trudging up from the cheap parking by Foxboro Raceway and sitting on those frigid aluminum benches and going home sad. This is sweet.
I became a fan when Grogan was drafted in 1975 (I was 15). My Dad took me to the opening game at Schaefer Stadium in Aug 1971 against the Giants and Fran Tarkenton, then my favorite NFL player. Sitting on the cold side where the sun set first was brutal. I love the hate, being the "Evil Empire" of the NFL. I never would have dreamed that we'd be witness to this level of dynasty, the best ever without question.

This is sweeter than sweet. One day down the road we'll be mediocre again. But this simply unbelievable ride with Brady/Belichick to me is as if not greater than the incredible Celtics ride in the 50s/60s.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I became a fan when Grogan was drafted in 1975 (I was 15). My Dad took me to the opening game at Schaefer Stadium in Aug 1971 against the Giants and Fran Tarkenton, then my favorite NFL player. Sitting on the cold side where the sun set first was brutal. I love the hate, being the "Evil Empire" of the NFL. I never would have dreamed that we'd be witness to this level of dynasty, the best ever without question.

This is sweeter than sweet. One day down the road we'll be mediocre again. But this simply unbelievable ride with Brady/Belichick to me is as if not greater than the incredible Celtics ride in the 50s/60s.
I was just going to mention sitting on those concrete slabs at Shaefer. You beat me to it, metal. Yes, one of these years we will be back to mediocre again but this ride has been sooooo sweet! Lol, we ARE "The Evil Empire" to football as the Yankees are to baseball!! I love it. Better than the Celtics to me, I hate basketball. Better than the Bruins' good years! It's been a blast. Took me a couple of years to believe Brady was not a fluke. I think their "2 in a row" finally convinced me.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Man Eagles look good. That is a very complete team. Will take the Pats best effort in 2 weeks

Well coached too. Don’t think we’ll be able to count on coaching brain farts ala Tomlin, Reid, Carroll or Quinn

Old 01-21-2018, 08:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Man Eagles look good. That is a very complete team. Will take the Pats best effort in 2 weeks

Well coached too. Don’t think we’ll be able to count on coaching brain farts ala Tomlin, Reid, Carroll or Quinn
Oh-oh. Yeppers.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:16 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,294,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

The Jags would win. Now it will be the Eagles will win. Despite Vegas odds, the 'people" outside of New England want to see and believe the Patriots will be beat. We execute. We play. We prove it year in and year out, that the Brady?Belichick Pats are arguably the greatest generational dynasty in the history of sports. The longevity of this run is unmatched. Teams dream of winning a Super Bowl. The same QB/coach are about to try for their 2nd run at 3 out of 4. Just insane.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:07 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times
Congrats Past fans.. good luck against the Eagles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football