Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
in_newengland, please tell m what cured your sinus infection. I'm into it four months and getting the fatigue/exhaustion back. My stomach is doing flip flops like the stomach flu.. I did two weeks on Cipro and am nearing the end of two weeks on Augmentin. Little relief.
FOUR months later? All I needed was a short dose of Prednisone and a regular course of antibiotics.

You might have some sort of a virus. I'm had those and they lasted all winter long, not going away until the warm weather. All I can say is try the doctor again, maybe eat REALLY healthy food to build yourself up, get lots of rest. Lots of piping hot homemade soup. You might try taking some food like dairy or wheat out of your diet completely for a while too--a food allergy can do weird things. Remove all dairy product, every last iota, for a few weeks and see if you get better. Dairy products (even though I love them) are notorious for causing terrible congestion and making you sick. You can develop a food allergy at any time in your life. (taking dr hat off)

Yes, the knock out roses are going strong as are the New Dawn climbers! But it looks like tonight could be The End of life as we know it in the garden. I feel like putting a bucket or something over the New Dawn.................hmmmmmmmm.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Ugh, the side effects of the Prednisone were awful. I refuse to take it. Exactly what antibiotic did you take that made you well?

I eat little dairy and no grains.

Temps are supposed to rebound by Thursday, cover those plants!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
LOL my folks had a Goth wedding in Vegas, first and last time Mom will be there, she said it felt like you were going to melt into the pavement when she got out of the cab.
Well, I have to admit...it DOES get hot in the desert! And when they say "It's a dry heat" you can check that out by putting your head in the oven. lol We do have a few months of humidity but it comes and goes, according to storms passing through. East of the Mississippi it's a constant, heavy wet feeling. Ugh. I lived in Vegas for a year or so. It's a lot like where I live now so I could deal with it again.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Ugh, the side effects of the Prednisone were awful. I refuse to take it. Exactly what antibiotic did you take that made you well?

I eat little dairy and no grains.

Temps are supposed to rebound by Thursday, cover those plants!
I don't remember what the antibiotic was but I think it was the Prednisone that did it. I will never take Prednisone again though after this. It was only a short course with the pills on a piece of foil but I don't feel right. It sure cleared up my stuffy ears though.

Raced out this afternoon, got groceries, raced back as it was getting really cold and the sun was already going down making it even colder. Just now I ran outside and hastily covered the roses with some plastic bags. It's brutal out there. I hope everyone has their hats, gloves, scarves, boots ready.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:50 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
It's really cold and windy today. No more lightweight jackets. I found my cuddledud longjohns and am keeping them on till spring. I also hauled out the hats, gloves, boots et al and found my emergency equipment for power outages. My favorite item is the headlamp, it actually saved us from insanity during the 2011 Oct. blizzard when we had no power for 10 days. These headlamps with a stretchy head strap have LED lights with several settings. They're only about 10 bucks. I give them every year as gifts to the kids ("enough, already" ). Having a tripod multiple flashlight, stored food and water, etc. is good in the north. I also keep supplies and sleeping bags in the car trunk. I hope I never have to go to a shelter due to an emergency, but if I do it will be a-la Chevy Chase.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
We have had a smattering of snow here in Charlotte this evening . . . temps have plunged and will be in the 20s tonight. Crazy, since we had temps in the mid-70s on Sunday!!!!!

I finally got myself a new winter coat -- I compromised on style. I wanted a ski jacket, but when it came to practicality -- I needed a longer coat. So I bought a downfilled coat that hits mid-thigh and has a hood. I tried it out this evening when I took my sweet old girl for walkies. I am very pleased.

I don't mind cold weather -- as long as I have warm clothing.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
We have had a smattering of snow here in Charlotte this evening . . . temps have plunged and will be in the 20s tonight. Crazy, since we had temps in the mid-70s on Sunday!!!!!
I'm glad I didn't move South for the purpose of warmer winters. Yours isn't a whole lot worse than New England. And to think I was ready to put up with insufferable summers with the thought that my winters would be so much warmer! But you don't get the heavy snow. That's a plus. The old blower is sitting like the little engine that could in our garage right now, just waiting for her chance at serious work.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:59 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
yep - it's cold here - 25F but will get up to a balmy 40+F tomorrow. The mid-thigh length is perfect - the ski jackets leave your "cheeks" exposed - can get cold and down is a really good thing

I need a maid, a butler - I need to be a pampered woman!!! Right now I'm scrubbing floors. Baaaarrrrrfffff

See ya~~~

Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
OMG ne_girl I need to know four months is turning to five and I feel like crap whe I got it in July pls help me.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
OMG ne_girl I need to know four months is turning to five and I feel like crap whe I got it in July pls help me.
Look at your thread in Health and Wellness, there are a lot of suggestions for you now.

I'm feeling chilly sitting here and this morning I realized that I didn't get ALL my winter clothing out. I bought (over the summer, on sale) a thigh length down parka and it's silver. So why didn't I get my GRAY gloves and hat out? Not red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement