Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I agree. While I can understand why the Prosecutor's office wanted to go for murder in the first degree due to the horrific butchering of Travis, I think they would have been better off to take the deal offered by Jodi's team. Yes, she would have been eligible for parole in 20 years or so, but it was a sure thing. If the Anthony trial proved anything it is that the unthinkable can happen and in this trial Jodi could walk free.

The people of Arizona are bearing the cost of this trial and all of this could have been avoided if the deal was accepted. Sometimes you have to be smart instead of right, and this might have been one of those times.

Don
I don't agree...you don't give a cold blooded murderer like Jodi a free pass to be out in 20 years and with good behavior and time spend it would not even be 15 years anymore...

Good luck to anybody Jodi will meet after that...once a killer...

Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Can someone splain to me why the defense wants a mistrial?

Haven't 2 jurors who are thought to be sympathetic to the prosecution had to leave?

What makes them think a 2nd trial is more likely to turn out in Jodi's favor than this one?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
NO jury in courtroom this morning...hmmmmn.. HNL on trial.......
..maybe that Mrs Wong testifies that she did see some of the jurors standing around. And if that’s the case, then they have lied when the judge asked if they’ve seen what was going on…….
Holly Hughes, a former prosecutor and HLN Legal Analyst talked about the jury not being sequestered “Let’s be real, girls, we all know some of them are watching and reading and looking but we all know none of them are going to admit to it on the record.”

No way Judge Stevens will allow a mistrial, but the defense is going to bring it up for the record for an appeal if necessary...

oh boy....the eye photo....Travis in the shower with the reflection of 2 figures in addition to Jodi...allegedly...

Last edited by trinity1111; 04-15-2013 at 11:06 AM..

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Can someone splain to me why the defense wants a mistrial?

Haven't 2 jurors who are thought to be sympathetic to the prosecution had to leave?

What makes them think a 2nd trial is more likely to turn out in Jodi's favor than this one?
I think the 2nd time around it will be harder since the defense since will have more proof to counter and less chances for credible witnesses and right now they had zero creddibility...

Old 04-15-2013, 02:29 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
OH MY .... the eyeball defense. If the judge allows this witness with his expert eyeball testimony ... we have 16 jurors left to sit through this. If anyone has taken the Rorschach (inkblot) test that is what the enlarged eyeball looks like ... what do you see? The court will have 16 jurors seeing different things.

The Defense Team is wasting the court's time ... I realize they will use the mistrial requests in an appeal if Arias is convicted. But I think if convicted Arias will appeal first for ineffective counsel.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
I don't know what Nurmi was trying to show with the photo either. I believe he is just trying to rack up as many hours as he can, and delay the inevitable. Thank goodness the judge didn't entertain his pathetic mistrial requests. I really detest him.

And why on earth was Travis's family forced to sit right behind JA and Willmott this morning? Those poor people have suffered enough.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:42 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
Add a forth ring to the circus today, "German Shepherds", "Mexican Chihuahuas", "Gophers" taking pictures
with a camera.....

Old 04-15-2013, 05:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I don't know what Nurmi was trying to show with the photo either. I believe he is just trying to rack up as many hours as he can, and delay the inevitable. Thank goodness the judge didn't entertain his pathetic mistrial requests. I really detest him.

And why on earth was Travis's family forced to sit right behind JA and Willmott this morning? Those poor people have suffered enough.

This far into the trial and as much money that as been invested it's going to take Juan physically attacking a witness or running through the courtroom naked for the judge to declare a mistrial.

Willmott and Nurmi are both running home ... turning on their televisions, turning on their computers, pulling up Facebook, Twitter, HLN, Huffington and all local news outlets ... nit picking what else can we find to petition for a mistrial or drag this trial out longer. Juan Martinez admitted he didn't look at Arias' Twitter account but his office did and told him it needed to be brought to the courts attention. He said, and I believe him, that he didn't watch the media regarding the trial.

They are putting Travis Alexander's family through hell. Having to re-live his death over and over again. I sincerely hope justice is served for this family and Arias is sentenced to the max.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Add a forth ring to the circus today, "German Shepherds", "Mexican Chihuahuas", "Gophers" taking pictures
with a camera.....
Well, what do YOU see in his eye? Without the little stick-man drawing, what is there really to see?

Some pages back in this thread someone was convinced that there were TWO people reflected in Travis' eye.

So, obviously, people will see what they want to see.

Your 'fourth ring' was Juan's way of mocking this so-called 'evidence'. Heartily deserved, IMO.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, what do YOU see in his eye? Without the little stick-man drawing, what is there really to see?

Some pages back in this thread someone was convinced that there were TWO people reflected in Travis' eye.

So, obviously, people will see what they want to see.

Your 'fourth ring' was Juan's way of mocking this so-called 'evidence'. Heartily deserved, IMO.

I can't say that I don't see a knife or gun in that photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime