Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 04:30 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Does anyone know how influential George RR Martin's concept for the GOT book series is at this point? I've read the book series and each volume, from the TV show almost following it verbatim in book 1/season 1, to straying to alternative plots and subplots in later volumes...and now of course his 6th book is facing delays, if it comes at all.
One thing I thought was a bit clever with regard to this was naming Jon Aegon Targaryen (as opposed to, I guess, Jon Targaryen, lol). Suggests they're folding the abandoned Aegon VI plot in with Jon's plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Bran was using the Crows to watch what was happening as it happened.
Thanks. That's what I wasn't sure of.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:11 PM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
A king can release them from their vows, IIRC.

I suspect the Night's Watch is going to be radically restructured after all this anyway.
Right. Assuming that the Wildlings aren't going to be wild anymore, and the White Walkers and wights will be defeated, there is really no reason for the Wall itself, is there? So one might anticipate a memorable scene, by the light of flickering torches, where the Night's Watch survivors are released from their oaths by King Aegon with the solemn words, "And now their watch has ended!" followed by cheers! (Yes, I should be in the speculation thread, I know! )

Old 08-29-2017, 06:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I really don't think that Cersei bedded Euron Greyjoy. I think that even when we saw her dally with anyone who was not Jaime, it was still a Lannister, and he was still "pretty." I don't think she would lower her proud self to sleep with someone as skeevy as Euron. I mean really. The dude is creepy. I think she was perfectly willing to string him along with the hopes of it, to get whatever she could from him, though, in terms of military might. But she was never going to give him what he wanted. I think the baby is Jaime's. I suspect she will either lose the baby to miscarriage, or die before it is born. I still believe that she and Jaime will die together, whether he kills her or not, his death will happen at more or less the same time. I believe they came into the world together, clung to one another their whole lives, and will leave it together.

They state in the scenes right before the battle, that the gold has gone through the gates of King's Landing. The forces that Dany's army and dragon defeat, are actually "stragglers." It is a long, strung out baggage train. The best of the loot was hot-footing it back to the Capital with the head of the army, not straggling along toward the rear. What was destroyed was generally a bunch of grain and such. Though when I first watched that episode, I was curious about the repeated focus on that one wagon drawn by two white horses, that was burning and the horses were running...remember that?...Jaime stops and looks at it. I was puzzled because I'd expect there to be some significance to that, but I don't know that there was any, besides "man, this is pretty horrible, those horses seem to be dragging a bunch of fire and they might get all burned and stuff." Horrors of war and all.

But no, I watched that episode twice, and they clearly say that the gold, the treasure meant to pay back the Iron Bank, that made it to King's Landing. It wasn't lost in the battle. Dany didn't get it.

Agree with you about Cersei and Euron, which is why I posted a few pages back that I just couldn't see her getting with him. She's manipulative - if anything she'd leave him twisting in the wind for some time while she plays him.

I thought in the scene where Dany arrived on her dragon during the battle, that Jamie looked at the horse-drawn cart completely on fire as it ran off - and the disturbed look on his face confirmed it was the wagon with the gold.

On another note - if some are looking at the prophecies to say Cersei will be replaced by a young beautiful queen, don't you also have to look at the prophecies that say she's killed by a younger brother?

Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Right. Assuming that the Wildlings aren't going to be wild anymore, and the White Walkers and wights will be defeated, there is really no reason for the Wall itself, is there? So one might anticipate a memorable scene, by the light of flickering torches, where the Night's Watch survivors are released from their oaths by King Aegon with the solemn words, "And now their watch has ended!" followed by cheers! (Yes, I should be in the speculation thread, I know! )
And Dolorous Edd cracks the smallest of smiles.

THE END.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I think
1--when/if Cersei actually is pregnant and has the child, it will be a dwarf...
2--there could be possibility that she really has a cancer...or tubal pregnancy..something that threatens her life and she dies at the birthing...

What doe Jon/Aegon do when he knows he bedded his aunt?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:45 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Or she announces that she is carrying his child/cousin who would be her child/grand nephew or niece.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:19 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Only death can end the commitment to the Black Watch. Jon is the only "now" living person to escape the oath.
Westeros is not a land of laws, but rather, what the monarch says is the law.

Members of the Kingsguard are sworn for life, but King Joffrey Baratheon "retired" Barristan Selmy from the King's Guard so that his uncle Jaime Lannister could be elevated to the head of the Kingsguard. Later, Jaime himself was removed from the Kingsguard via his father's machinations so that Jaime could then resume his position as heir of House Lannister.

Stannis Baratheon, claiming the crown of the Seven Kingdoms, offered to release Jon Snow from his oath to the Nights Watch and to legitimize him as the head of House Stark.

There's nothing to stop a Queen Daenerys or a King Aegon from releasing Samwell Tarley from his vows.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:20 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
He gets really drunk with Tyrion, who then reassures Jon that these things happen in the best of families.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Let me throw this out to you GOT experts. So I was watching the finale again and I noticed that the entire attack on the wall was actually in a vision that Bran was having. Could this mean that it hasn't happened yet and he's seeing the future or does he only see things in real time ?
I watched it again last night, great call!!! You nailed it.....

thank you!!!

now what? Was Bran seeing it happen as such, or was it a future premonition?

Interesting where they will take this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV