Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 10:07 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,476 times

Advertisements

An about time, and an oh,oh. Too late.
And all that other stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 10:08 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
... And did anyone see if Podrick ever came back from his beer run with Bronn?
Haven't seen Bronn, either. I think they both ran off to the Dornish Brothels together.

Last edited by LarsMac; 08-27-2017 at 10:35 PM..

Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
So is Jamie going to fight by himself and join up with the rest without any of the Kingslanding army?

Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 PM

10,100 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
So is Jamie going to fight by himself and join up with the rest without any of the Kingslanding army?
Well, at least he would redeem some fraction of his honor that way. I'm all for it - especially if he informs them of Cersei's treachery!

Old 08-27-2017, 11:11 PM

581 posts, read 456,755 times
That scene where Jaime puts the glove over his golden hand and looks up to see the snow falling was beautifully shot. I'm assuming he's riding North on his own. He can't bring an army without Cersei finding out about it.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:37 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,138,456 times
I suspect that we all welcomed Littlefinger's end, but I was disappointed that it was never made clear how his hanging around Winterfell and trying to engineer the split between the sisters, was part of his overall plan to gain the Iron Throne for himself. Suppose he had been successful and Sansa had Arya executed, how would that have advanced his plans?

Did any of the Eastwatch defenders get out alive?

Looks like it will all come down to a dragon duel in the sky, for which we will have to wait a year.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:40 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Oh, what an episode! Every conversation sparkled, every character was at his/her/zir best/worst , what a perfect storm of CGI, action and character focus. It's going to be a long winter before the start of the 8th Season....

Old 08-27-2017, 11:53 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Oh, what an episode! Every conversation sparkled, every character was at his/her/zir best/worst , what a perfect storm of CGI, action and character focus. It's going to be a long winter before the start of the 8th Season....
I've read that it might be 2019.

OK, so here is my prediction for the final scene of the final episode of the series......

During the season, the battle with the dead ensues and after much going on, Jon & Dany are victorious over everybody. In the final scene, Jon & Dany discuss the future of Westeros.....

Jon: We will rule Westeros together.

Dany: No, our Son will rule.

Dum Dum DUM

Yes, I'm just a silly romantic.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:41 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I suspect that we all welcomed Littlefinger's end, but I was disappointed that it was never made clear how his hanging around Winterfell and trying to engineer the split between the sisters, was part of his overall plan to gain the Iron Throne for himself. Suppose he had been successful and Sansa had Arya executed, how would that have advanced his plans?
He explained it to Sansa, albeit leaving out the part about how it advances him. Arya is an obstacle to Sansa supplanting Jon as Queen in the North, which is what Littlefinger was grooming her to do. It's been clear for several seasons now that a major part of Littlefinger's plan was to put Sansa in power over a big chunk of Westeros one way or another as last Stark standing. Presumably he intended to marry her eventually.

Getting from there to the Iron Throne is trickier and it's just conjecture now. Just as a scenario: I could see, for example, them suing for peace with the South, and consolidating that peace by marrying Sansa off with whomever's the most eligible bachelor out of whatever team controlled King's Landing by then. She gets knocked up such that her kid's in line for the Iron Throne, they assassinate or otherwise get rid of whoever's left in the way, Sansa pulls a Cersei and becomes Queen Regent for her kid who'll inherit both north and south, Littlefinger marries her and becomes co-regent, Bob's your uncle.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:43 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Bob's your uncle.
Nope, Dany's your Aunt!

GOT has gone straight up Arkansas!

I would think dragon glass would kill dragons, don't you all think?

I envision a scene next season in which Dany, riding Drogon, has an aerial fight with the Night King, who is riding zombie Visereon. She throws a dragon glass tipped spear at Visereon which hits just the right place, and Visereon shatters in the air. The White King then falls to earth, and Jon finishes him off in hand to hand combat with a dragon glass tipped Valerian steel sword. Then most of the remaining army of the dead shatters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV