Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting thread. I've heard the whole "intimidation" thing for awhile now, and never put much stock in it. But it seems like quite a few guys are saying that they are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Does this apply to guys also?

Yes it does but I go up to them anyways because you never know..

Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
I think that you may have to be the one to make the first move since guys are so intimidated. If you have that kind of affect on guys, that means you have the power, I know that might be kind of an odd thing to say. but its true. I think that sometimes people have to do the opposite of whats expected of them.

But on the bright side of that, you get to choose the kind of guys you want to approach and you wouldn't have to deal with a lot of guys that you don't anything to do with.

Oh trust me I make the move if I find someone attractive and I notice they're scared. I have no problem approaching someone

Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The thing is that sometimes women want to believe nobody approaches them because they are “too attractive and smart” when actually the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, smart, or both. It may sound harsh but I think everybody should think about this. There has been times where I simply don’t get a reaction as I expected from a girl I found interesting and attractive. Is it because I am “all that”? Nope, she just didn’t find me attractive, interesting, or both and I just have to accept it as it is and move on.

Do women ever think that guys don’t approach them simply because she is not attractive to them, interesting, or both?

Sorry dear, this isn't in my head....

Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
The thing is that sometimes women want to believe nobody approaches them because they are “too attractive and smart” when actually the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, smart, or both. It may sound harsh but I think everybody should think about this. There has been times where I simply don’t get a reaction as I expected from a girl I found interesting and attractive. Is it because I am “all that”? Nope, she just didn’t find me attractive, interesting, or both and I just have to accept it as it is and move on.

Do women ever think that guys don’t approach them simply because she is not attractive to them, interesting, or both?
Of course! I lived to agree with you about something.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
Seams like to many women are looking for Gorgeous Hunk Of Manliness.

And the men are looking for the women who is a 10 / boarder line 11.

Down the road of life neither one of them is satisified,
and they start looking again.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
This is a very interesting thread. I've heard the whole "intimidation" thing for awhile now, and never put much stock in it. But it seems like quite a few guys are saying that they are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sorry dear, this isn't in my head....
Can a guy get intimidated? Sure, why not. Women/men can get intimidated out there. Now, have you ever thought that a guy might not approach you for the simple reason that he doesn’t find you attractive and/or smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Of course! I lived to agree with you about something.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Can a guy get intimidated? Sure, why not. Women/men can get intimidated out there. Now, have you ever thought that a guy might not approach you for the simple reason that he doesn’t find you attractive and/or smart?
I'm only speaking for myself, but I would imagine plenty of other women feel the same way I do, which is that we assume most guys aren't interested unless they approach us. And even then I question whether they're just making small talk/being friendly or actually testing the waters because they're attracted.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Nope, I got it going on.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes it does but I go up to them anyways because you never know..
Then you win vs other women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships