Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 02:25 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So many here remind me of my neighbor who has me in hell a long time ago since I don't believe...she reads her bible all day and totally so brainwashed. But was violated by her minster now deceased father.
I notice ^ above ^ that you used the word ' many '.
You might want to keep the words of Matthew 7:21-23 in mind because Jesus' recorded words forewarn us that 'MANY' would come " in his name " but prove false.
That does Not make the Bible as wrong, but such people as wrong.

Your neighbor has you in a ' religious-myth ' hell which is taught as being Scripture when it is Not ' biblical hell ' ( grave for the sleeping dead )
The day Jesus died Jesus went to ' hell ' - Acts 2:27. Since Jesus taught sleep in death - John 11:11-14 - then Jesus believed he would be in a sleep-like state while in biblical hell.
If the Bible's hell was a permanent place Jesus would still be in hell. The Bible's hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
The old Hebrew Scriptures also teach sleep in death - Psalms 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Jesus has the keys to unlock the Bible's hell or grave - Revelation 1:18 - so under Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth Jesus will resurrect the sleeping dead.

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 05-02-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Question? How does one sharpen one's spiritual sword? Friction?

Were it not for adversity, there would be no gains, both physical and or spiritual.

Don't get dismayed at what you read. But rather interact with prayer that your understanding be enlightened.

Blessings, AJ
This one thing that I have learned in my lifetime
is to let each individual make their own private personal decision on the validity of Heaven and Hell. But may I suggest to each and every person
on this forum (alway leave open a option for a
death bed conversion) no matter your lifestyle.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
This one thing that I have learned in my lifetime
is to let each individual make their own private personal decision on the validity of Heaven and Hell. But may I suggest to each and every person
on this forum (alway leave open a option for a
death bed conversion
) no matter your lifestyle.
I don't think so.

Something that bothers me about the thread title. Babies who die going to 'hell'. That would be the death and damnation, fire and brimstone, eternal torment hell that many people seem to think happens.

Here's a revelation for you all. There is no such thing! Never was and never will be. Here's more, there is no such thing as 'judgement day' either. Whatever is going to happen when you die, happens when you die. Furthermore, nothing you do or say or believe or don't do or don't say or don't believe is going to make any difference to the final outcome. The truth has now been revealed to you! Go and live your lives.

Old 05-07-2016, 12:27 AM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
People who support the notion that babies who have not been saved are condemned to hell... should be condemned to hell.
An interesting irony but I understand the sentiment. I can NOT relate to ANYONE who actually believes there IS an eternal torment Hell for anyone. It is such a primitive and barbaric concept I cannot comprehend how any 21st-century mind could ever believe it.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:08 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
OP

The topic is kinda funny. How does a Normal human being accept Christ? By confessing him as their Lord and saviour? Can a demon not tell you he has accepted Christ? Was this doctrine taught by Christ or is this adapted from a wrong understanding of Pauline gospels?

Christ made it clear in John 13:34-35, the steps to be his disciple. Babies were not included as they have not developed fully. The only thing he tells you is that you should let the little ones be as their angels see the face of God in heaven.

Every baby born into the world have a spirit in them. Their mission no matter how short has already been predetermined. To understand what happens in life, you need to understand reincarnation. Without the understanding, your conclusions are shallow. Consider a situation where a baby is born but killed in unfortunate circumstances, say a fall or accident or murder. These are manifestations of the judgment that spirit has come to serve on earth. Perhaps in the former life, the baby was an abortion doctor notorious for repeated abortions. God's law says if you kill, you will be killed. What do you think happens to the Spirit of the abortionist when they incarnate? They will also be killed. This life works in a cyclic manner. That's why we owe each other love, so that love can come to us.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Before we can even consider reincarnation, we have to be convinced that it is something real, never mind what one means by that.

It is one of those convenient human theories that makes sense of a life that seems senseless and very unfair. That doesn't mean that it is true. or even good. Accepting that life IS unfair and we cannot rely on any next life putting -right, means that it is a matter of urgency that we try to make it as good for everyone as we can, because there is no divine mechanism to alleviate the unfairness. There's only us.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:13 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Default Are You People Serious

Are You People Serious ?

The United States of America doesn't even send babies to (Jail/Prison) , so how in the world do you imagine that a LOVING and compassionate GOD would send a BABY to hELL....

A break in somebody Logic running Amuck!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Are You People Serious ?
The United States of America doesn't even send babies to (Jail/Prison) , so how in the world do you imagine that a LOVING and compassionate GOD would send a BABY to hELL....
A break in somebody Logic running Amuck!!!!!!
You are right: a loving and just God would Not send a baby to a fiery place.

Can you think of anyone righteous who died and went to hell ?________
According to Acts 2:27 the day righteous Jesus' died Jesus went to hell.
The BIG difference is that ' biblical hell ' is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave where the dead sleep in death.
Most clergy teach a ' religious-myth hell ' of burning forever as being the hell found in Scripture.
Whereas Jesus taught ' sleep in death ' - John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach: sleep in death
Such as: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5
And the Bible's temporary hell (grave) comes to a final end according to Revelation 20:13-14
After everyone in biblical hell (grave) is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected ) out of biblical hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I can NOT relate to ANYONE who actually believes there IS an eternal torment Hell for anyone. It is such a primitive and barbaric concept I cannot comprehend how any 21st-century mind could ever believe it.
Many believe because their corrupted clergy teach them about eternal torture in a place called hell in KJV English.
That religious-myth teaching is now so deeply embedded in people's minds that it is now so very hard to erase.

Especially when the Jews began associating with the Greeks is how that primitive-and-barbaric concept or idea came to be adopted. Greek philosophies and theories began to be taught as Scripture although Not Scripture - Matthew 15:9

Jesus' forewarned us that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23
Jesus did Not teach eternal torment or torture but he taught ' sleep in death ' - John 11:11-14
Jesus' based his teachings on the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach unconscious sleep in death.
Such as found at : Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5

When KJV translated the word Gehenna into English as hellfire that helped wrongly promote eternal torture as Scripture.
Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed and Not kept burning forever.
So, Gehenna is a fitting word for: destruction. The wicked will be destroyed forever according to Psalm 92:7
We all have two (2) choices: ' Repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9 ( No burning involved )

Old 05-13-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
......But may I suggest to each and every person on this forum (always leave open a option for a death bed conversion) no matter your lifestyle.
Many years ago there was a TV show hosted by a David Susskind ( I think that was his name )
One night he had a well-educated doctor as a guest.
He asked the doctor about death-bed confessions.
To my surprise the doctor said over his many years in practice there we No death-bed confessions.
Rather, it is: death-bed regrets.
He was surprised how often it was over small regrets.
Such as:
A man regretting Not building a dog house for his son when his son was young
or, a man regretting Not building a doll house for his young daughter when she was young

So, how sincere would be a death-bed confession ?
If a person somehow made a miraculous recovery would he still feel the same ?
Or would it be just ' jumping on the band wagon ' at the last moment for selfish reasons ?

The people of Noah's Day did Not jump on the Ark.
The haughty ' goats' at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth do Not repent - Matthew 25:31-33
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity