Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 09:42 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
I get it you hate the truth......

- You do not Pay Maryland TAXES

- You do not reside in Maryland

- The only thin you know about Maryland is Baltimore and DC which does not define Maryland

- Despite reality you spit constantly about Maryland not being part of the South which is not true.

- You make up strange comments to backup your non-factual opinion about Maryland not being Southern

I am from the state of Maryland and I have more room to talk about Maryland being a Southern State but yet you would raise hell if people denied Louisiana and Texas not being in the Southeast by referring the two as South Mid-West......
You know absolutely nothing of my experiences.

Of the two of us, you are the one who is constantly making crap up.

I have more experience in western Maryland than I do in Baltimore, and I've never even been to DC.

You are constantly accusing me of "hating Maryland" despite the fact that I have never spoken a single ill word about it.

You are impossible to reason with.

I think you have state-related hatred issues, not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 10:36 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
If you look at the states south of the Mason Dixon Line, it would have to be Maryland. If you count Texas as a Southern state then its also the least Southern. When I visited Dallas there were hardly anyone with a southern or even a Texan accent and it truly felt like an anywhere city with national and international dominant influences. Most of South Texas feels like Mexico. West Texas and parts of the Panhandle feel more Western than Southern.

the southern half of Florida is also extremely non-Southern, especially Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. The Keys feel like part of the Caribbean in the United States (that is actually my favorite part of Florida).

Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,401,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
You know absolutely nothing of my experiences.
Nor do I care.....

Quote:
Of the two of us, you are the one who is constantly making crap up.
Me stating that Maryland is a Southern State is not making crap up escpecially since what I am saying is the truth despite opposing opinions.....

Quote:
I have more experience in western Maryland than I do in Baltimore, and I've never even been to DC.
However you are stating that you have not been through the state of Maryland in which your opinion of Maryland being Northern is ok for you but it can not ever be a Fact because Maryland is a Southern State and I am a Maryland citizen so I have more room to say that.....

Quote:
You are constantly accusing me of "hating Maryland" despite the fact that I have never spoken a single ill word about it.
Referring Maryland as a Yankee state in your context is like saying that Maryland is not deserving of being part of the south but let someone argue against Louisiana and Texas being part of the south you and others would raise pure hell.

Quote:
You are impossible to reason with.
You take it as an insult for people that states the correct location of Maryland being part of the south.....

Quote:
I think you have state-related hatred issues, not me.
I don't hate Louisiana its a very nice historic state with delicious gumbo and cajun sea food.......

Sure I don't care for some of the politics that goes on in Maryland but that does not take away from the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.........

Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 PM

467 posts, read 542,028 times
why does it matter if maryland is a "southerN' state or not? It is just an arbritrary label in the end. your life won't change living in MD either way.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Nor do I care.....
Proof that you aren't listening at all and do nothing but make sweeping assumptions. You literally just proved my point about you with this one sentence.

Quote:
Me stating that Maryland is a Southern State is not making crap up escpecially since what I am saying is the truth despite opposing opinions.....
That is not what I am referring to when I say "making crap up." Oh no, you've given me a perfect example of that right here in this very post. Let's read on.

Quote:
However you are stating that you have not been through the state of Maryland in which your opinion of Maryland being Northern is ok for you but it can not ever be a Fact because Maryland is a Southern State and I am a Maryland citizen so I have more room to say that.....
I have said repeatedly that I have been to Maryland several times. I have friends in Cumberland, I know Hagerstown fairly well, I have been to Baltimore and Annapolis. I Have been through Maryland many, many times. I have simply not been to DC.

That is what I mean by you making crap up.

Quote:
Referring Maryland as a Yankee state in your context is like saying that Maryland is not deserving of being part of the south but let someone argue against Louisiana and Texas being part of the south you and others would raise pure hell.
You are assuming I mean Yankee as an insult. You are making assumptions. Unfounded assumptions. That is all on you.

As far as your second argument, of course we'd raise hell. That'd be utterly ridiculous to not include Louisiana and Texas in the south. Maryland on the other hand is more like Pennsylvania than Virginia. Even in the rural west.

Quote:
You take it as an insult for people that states the correct location of Maryland being part of the south.....
I do not take any offense at it at all. Once again, you are reflecting your own negative and aggressive points of view off of me.

I do, however, strongly disagree with you and "them".

Quote:
I don't hate Louisiana its a very nice historic state with delicious gumbo and cajun sea food.......
I didn't say you hated Louisiana. I think you hate Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Since you just can't seem to accept the, as you like to repeat, fact that Maryland is more in line with the north politically, culturally and climatically.

Quote:
Sure I don't care for some of the politics that goes on in Maryland but that does not take away from the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.........
I'm sorry that you can't accept reality.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM

At the end of the day Maryland is still a southern state and no amount of arguing is going to erase that Fact......

Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
At the end of the day Maryland is still a southern state and no amount of arguing is going to erase that Fact......
Maryland and Texas are both southern states. Nothing anyone says can alter that fact.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maryland and Texas are both southern states. Nothing anyone says can alter that fact.
You know what? EVERYTHING IS SOUTHERN NOW! We're ALL Dixie! Now everybody is happy.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Correction: "EVERYTHING SOUTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, AND NORTH OF MEXICO, THE GULF, AND THE CARIBBEAN IS SOUTHERN" which is a Great thing because it makes the South very Diverse and I am a Full believer in Diversity..........

Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Correction: "EVERYTHING SOUTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, AND NORTH OF MEXICO, THE GULF, AND THE CARIBBEAN IS SOUTHERN" which is a Great thing because it makes the South very Diverse and I am a Full believer in Diversity..........
Nope! Nothing you can say will take away from the Fact that every American state is the south now.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.