Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 02:30 PM

12,832 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's actually pretty nice. A little too humid for my liking, though. Just looked at the Dallas forecast. 90s today with triple digit heat returning tomorrow. Eww. I don't miss that one iota. I'll take our little bit of stickiness over that any day.
Ok, that makes 87 sound chilly almost. Yeah, just looked up the weekend weather for my former hometown Tyler, TX and highs are right at 100 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not jonesing to do yard work then, humidity or not.'

75, in the middle of an August day is not summer. I guess Denver doesn't really have true seasons after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 03:51 PM

375 posts, read 319,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Ok, that makes 87 sound chilly almost. Yeah, just looked up the weekend weather for my former hometown Tyler, TX and highs are right at 100 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not jonesing to do yard work then, humidity or not.'

75, in the middle of an August day is not summer. I guess Denver doesn't really have true seasons after all.
It's cooking here in Austin, TX. Another really hot stretch starting today! Supposed to be 103-107 until Mon. Dog days of summer here! I. AM. SO. DONE. with the heat and staying inside so much! I just wanna sit on my patio in the afternoon and not sweat!

Old 08-23-2018, 07:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's actually pretty nice. A little too humid for my liking, though. Just looked at the Dallas forecast. 90s today with triple digit heat returning tomorrow. Eww. I don't miss that one iota. I'll take our little bit of stickiness over that any day.
Yeah I'm glad I don't live in Dallas either. We get a break in that weather pattern just a little east.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Yep, the next few days around here are supposed to be in the upper 90s. But I'll withhold my complaints because I never seem to mind the weather here in, oh, October through June. Especially that stretch between January and April - love me some mild winter weather!

Let's be sure and keep this thread running through the whole year. I'll keep it going!

Old 08-23-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yep, the next few days around here are supposed to be in the upper 90s. But I'll withhold my complaints because I never seem to mind the weather here in, oh, October through June. Especially that stretch between January and April - love me some mild winter weather!
That's the great thing about Texas. It can be 80 degrees in January. Splendid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams here View Post
It's cooking here in Austin, TX. Another really hot stretch starting today! Supposed to be 103-107 until Mon. Dog days of summer here! I. AM. SO. DONE. with the heat and staying inside so much! I just wanna sit on my patio in the afternoon and not sweat!
I remember going to school there. Every now and then there will be a cold front in October, knocking the temps down to the 50s or 60s for a few days. I'm thinking well I guess fall is coming early. 90 degrees a week later.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yeah I'm glad I don't live in Dallas either. We get a break in that weather pattern just a little east.
Looks like the heat index is still 94 at 8:40 pm where you are. Can still drink ice tea!! That's splendid. It's not like Dallas. 96 there.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
That's the great thing about Texas. It can be 80 degrees in January. Splendid.
Highly unlikely around here. Since Tyler is your home town you should know that the typical high in January is in the 50s and the typical low, while above freezing (yay, us!) is in the mid 30s.

Yes, I do think it's pretty splendid though!

Old 08-23-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Looks like the heat index is still 94 at 8:40 pm where you are. Can still drink ice tea!! That's splendid. It's not like Dallas. 96 there.
I wouldn't know - I'm enjoying a glass of wine in the AC. It's nice though to think of enjoying a glass of wine sitting on the patio in the evening from, oh, September through June. That's ten months out of twelve - not bad.

My favorite time of year to sit out on the patio in the evenings though is about November through April when we can get that fire going in that fire pit and watch TV outside. Sweet!

Old 08-23-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Well, you'll be glad to know, since you're so interested in the weather in Chandler, TX for some strange reason, that an hour later it's in the 80s. But like I said, I'm OK sitting inside in the evenings in August considering I can sit outside in the evenings all winter long!

Old 08-23-2018, 09:13 PM

375 posts, read 319,035 times
Quote:

Still 90 here at 10PM! Who cares about heat index!! Barely gets below 80 in the early morning! I usually take a long trip out of state to escape the heat every summer but didn't do that this year. Hence, my moaning about the heat.
Hurry up October!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.