U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 PM

3,855 posts, read 2,575,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is unfortunate that most (if not all) of the people who are here illegally from Mexico and other latin-American countries are hispanic and dark skinned. However, considering the problem that exists in this country, I would think that brown skin, a "pronounced" accent, and a last name like Rodriguez, Gonzales, Garcia, Ortiz, etc., should be considered PROBABLY CAUSE.

Works for me.

20yrsinBranson
I thank God what you "would think" and what you believe "should be considered" probable cause...are NOT the law of the land.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 21,070,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is unfortunate that most (if not all) of the people who are here illegally from Mexico and other latin-American countries are hispanic and dark skinned. However, considering the problem that exists in this country, I would think that brown skin, a "pronounced" accent, and a last name like Rodriguez, Gonzales, Garcia, Ortiz, etc., should be considered PROBABLY CAUSE.

Works for me.

20yrsinBranson
Actually around here there are so many brown skinned guys that mostly the cops hassle black guys. "Driving while black" is a well known cause for a traffic stop.

Whatever turns the cop on I guess...

Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
And get cuffed and stuffed if I wont tell the cop my name? If good enough for me; good enough for illegals.
Listen one more time. YOu are required to tell the cop your name. That is it.

As I said above the cops here love to stop people for driving while black. It is of course flatly illegal and even pretty much immoral. But it is still done.

So they may well stuff and cuff you for being silent. But actually what will happen is they will roll a sergant who will decide they don't want the hassle and will let you go with an admonition not to continue being a wise ass. What you do is give him a big smile and leave. You both know the truth but why risk getting your head broke to rub it in?

Cops virtually never pursue such matters. They bluster and carry on and threaten and maybe even shove you around a little bit. Then they let you go.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,603,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its not racial profiling. Many countries do it and it works.

The police job is to protect & serve the community.

By not asking a persons legal status is not Protecting the community.
And when they ask you? Remember many illegals pending hearings have Drivers Licenses so you can't use that

Old 05-30-2011, 05:47 PM

I wonder why after 100 years of immigration laws, why no President, no Congress, nor any Supreme court gave this duty to local law enforcement?

Not after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and WWII to the a attack on 911 and the signing of the Patriot Act to today has America seen it fit to do so.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:52 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,381,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Most countries DONT have a Constitution with rights anywhere comparable to the US.

I find it disgusting that those that claim that illegal aliens are "changing" America want to do away with fundemantal rights this country was founded on.

On his Memorial day, go out to a National Cementary and read the Headstones. Tell all of those Vetrens of foreign Wars that gave the ultimate sacrifice that you want the US Constitution to be just like all those crap hole countries they died in...
I don't know of any of us here trying to do away with the basic human rights of illegal aliens or anyone else. Yes, illegals are changing America. That is a no-brainer and it's not for the better.

I find it equally disgusting that those who expouse the Constitution so vehemently don't do so about the violations of our immigration laws. Kind of a hypocricy, isn't it?

Old 05-30-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know of any of us here trying to do away with the basic human rights of illegal aliens or anyone else. Yes, illegals are changing America. That is a no-brainer and it's not for the better.

I find it equally disgusting that those who expouse the Constitution so vehemently don't do so about the violations of our immigration laws. Kind of a hypocricy, isn't it?
Its a no brainer if you beleive Immigration laws is comprable to US Constitutional rights.

You defend immigration law, I'll defend the US Cosntitution.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,381,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Its a no brainer if you beleive Immigration laws is comprable to US Constitutional rights.

You defend immigration law, I'll defend the US Cosntitution.
No, I defend both. You only defend the Constitution.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:

It is simply not enforceable within the constrants of our society. Too bad. Could have been easily contained at one point but was not. Now we suffer.

I don't like speeders either. But I don't think I would agree to triple our local police budget to reduce speeders to virtually nonexistence. In a way I am condoning illegal conduct. I am not willing to spend another billlion to keep the speeders fully under control. Mostly is good enough.

So at this point it is simply too late for a strong enforcement answer. We can't afford it and are unwilling to deal with the neccessary fallout. We need a compromise that is unacceptable to many. Therefore we will go down the worst case path.

Kind of dumb actually...

Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
No, I defend both. You only defend the Constitution.
Only if you are out advocating another 40 or 50 billion to ICE et al.

Otherwise you are advocating a position you are not willing to pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration