Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 04:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its not racial profiling. Many countries do it and it works.

The police job is to protect & serve the community.

By not asking a persons legal status is not Protecting the community.
And when they ask you? Remember many illegals pending hearings have Drivers Licenses so you can't use that

Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
I wonder why after 100 years of immigration laws, why no President, no Congress, nor any Supreme court gave this duty to local law enforcement?

Not after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and WWII to the a attack on 911 and the signing of the Patriot Act to today has America seen it fit to do so.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Most countries DONT have a Constitution with rights anywhere comparable to the US.

I find it disgusting that those that claim that illegal aliens are "changing" America want to do away with fundemantal rights this country was founded on.

On his Memorial day, go out to a National Cementary and read the Headstones. Tell all of those Vetrens of foreign Wars that gave the ultimate sacrifice that you want the US Constitution to be just like all those crap hole countries they died in...
I don't know of any of us here trying to do away with the basic human rights of illegal aliens or anyone else. Yes, illegals are changing America. That is a no-brainer and it's not for the better.

I find it equally disgusting that those who expouse the Constitution so vehemently don't do so about the violations of our immigration laws. Kind of a hypocricy, isn't it?

Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know of any of us here trying to do away with the basic human rights of illegal aliens or anyone else. Yes, illegals are changing America. That is a no-brainer and it's not for the better.

I find it equally disgusting that those who expouse the Constitution so vehemently don't do so about the violations of our immigration laws. Kind of a hypocricy, isn't it?
Its a no brainer if you beleive Immigration laws is comprable to US Constitutional rights.

You defend immigration law, I'll defend the US Cosntitution.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Its a no brainer if you beleive Immigration laws is comprable to US Constitutional rights.

You defend immigration law, I'll defend the US Cosntitution.
No, I defend both. You only defend the Constitution.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:

It is simply not enforceable within the constrants of our society. Too bad. Could have been easily contained at one point but was not. Now we suffer.

I don't like speeders either. But I don't think I would agree to triple our local police budget to reduce speeders to virtually nonexistence. In a way I am condoning illegal conduct. I am not willing to spend another billlion to keep the speeders fully under control. Mostly is good enough.

So at this point it is simply too late for a strong enforcement answer. We can't afford it and are unwilling to deal with the neccessary fallout. We need a compromise that is unacceptable to many. Therefore we will go down the worst case path.

Kind of dumb actually...

Old 05-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
No, I defend both. You only defend the Constitution.
Only if you are out advocating another 40 or 50 billion to ICE et al.

Otherwise you are advocating a position you are not willing to pay for.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Only if you are out advocating another 40 or 50 billion to ICE et al.

Otherwise you are advocating a position you are not willing to pay for.
Your figures, not ICE's. There is very little associated costs for voluntary deportations. No one is saying they would all deport but a good many of them would with the incentives to remain here taken away. This isn't about costs anyway but the rule of law. It costs us billions to protect this country on foreign soil. It makes no sense not to spend the money here and protect and enforce our own borders.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
"Your figures, not ICE's. There is very little associated costs for voluntary deportations. No one is saying they would all deport but a good many of them would with the incentives to remain here taken away. This isn't about costs anyway but the rule of law. It costs us billions to protect this country on foreign soil. It makes no sense not to spend the money here and protect and enforce our own borders."

Someone has finally said it.

All of this angst over protecting the rights and freedoms of citizens as intended by a constitution written by a countries founders is not the point; you're stretching that document to the breaking point by extending it's coverage to people who it was never intended to cover and further, who do not give a rat's patoot about the rest of the document dealing with the "responsibilities of each and every citizen". You are applying refugee-like status to these particular people who do not fit that descriptor at all!

I am trying hard to understand why our two countries are having such trouble grappling with this problem when laws are already written and enforcible and further, are sworn to be upheld by elected officers at every oath of office they undertake. where is it acceptable we allow these officials to pick and choose the ones they will throw their weight behind?

These are not citizens; they're illegal first and foremost. Once you've established that, there just isn't room for any further debate about rights and freedoms as it applies to them. Please help me understand as I'm not seeing the conundrum.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Your figures, not ICE's. There is very little associated costs for voluntary deportations. No one is saying they would all deport but a good many of them would with the incentives to remain here taken away. This isn't about costs anyway but the rule of law. It costs us billions to protect this country on foreign soil. It makes no sense not to spend the money here and protect and enforce our own borders.
anti-dreams.

Let us all stand in a circle and wish real hard. "Aliens go home"

Again...all...wish real hard...

Nah did not work.

So we are back to they won't leave because we wish it.

So where are we going to get the billions from to do this? And the personnel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration