Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Speaking about yourself I see.
I don't speak in third person, sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
WASHINGTON, Jul 09, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE)
-- At a town hall meeting in Georgia this morning, presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama told an audience that, "you need to make sure that your child can speak Spanish." Speaking in Powder Springs, Ga., the Illinois Senator said that the nation's chief priority should not be for immigrants to learn English, but for American children to learn Spanish.
read more...

Obama Tells Audience, "You Need to Make Sure that Your Child Can Speak Spanish" - MarketWatch
Barack's reasoning is sound because he knows perfectly well the plans our government has for the future. And the ultimate goal is to merge us all into one big united country. They have been paving the way for this for a long time and they'll be damned if something as insignificant as the voice of the American people is going to stop them. Are you mad yet. Well, you should be. The plans for the Mexican superhighway are still moving forward and our children are being indoctrinated to accept illegals as their brethren with no strings attached. We are simply selfish, wishing to hold onto our time honored traditions such as obeying the law and speaking freaking English.

Personally, I am tired of the whole debate seeing as how there is really nothing to debate here. Illegal is illegal, plain and simple. Barack's comment is a direct warning to us that amnesty is on the way, and they don't care how we feel about it. There is absolutely no plan to remove the illegals, and there is no plan to make them follow our laws and learn our primary language.

The recent actions of INS are just a cover to appease the American people and give the semblance of a work in progress. But please believe me folks, they aren't really trying to do anything. No extra money is being funneled to immigration services for the purpose of fighting the illegals. No extra hiring is being done to build larger enforcement forces. But do you know what they are training to do. Control the populace. Crowd control techniques are being taught and riot control weapons are being made and distributed at alarming rates. And we, the people, are those potential crowds that may need controlling.

In closing, I hereby refuse to make any attempt whatsoever to learn the Spanish language. I will continue my studies of the Cherokee language, that of my ancestors, and continue to speak English in my everyday dealings with life. I refuse to make it easier on the illegals by learning to communicate with them in their language. They are the outsiders here, not me. If they would like to speak with me, then they will have to learn English. Otherwise, I guess my conversations with illegals will surely be very limited. Probably for the best anyway.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-18-2008 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: left out some words

Old 08-18-2008, 04:01 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't speak in third person, sorry
Seems you do and did. You really need to stop with the name calling then because all it does is show your lack of debating skills.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
*wiping tears of laughter*-oh man, you are just a poor, soulless, deluded kook.
Damn, karfar! I got an infraction just for calling someone an idiot !

Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM

350 posts, read 653,906 times
So, Reads2much, why do you think the gobment is doing this?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:26 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,967 times
Dang...it looks like I will be defaulting to McCain after all.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
So, Reads2much, why do you think the gobment is doing this?
To put it simply, to eventually usher in the a new age. The real plan is a complete merging of the entire continent into one super country. We will be brought together with a common currency and a common government. The US will cease to exist as a singular nation and become an integrated super society. If this could be done with a harmonious result I would say it sounds like a great plan. But the powers that be want this for one reason, to rule and control. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And we have entirely to many super wealthy aristocrats in this world who wish to rule us all. Thus, our dilemma. There can be no peace when the rulers do not desire it. There will always be war, hunger, and hate as long as it is perpetuated through the media and society itself. We are not ready for this kind of merger. It will result in utter chaos. Which may well be the desired result of those who would seek power. What better way to bring change than to bring order out of chaos. Just a theory mind you, the proof will be revealed in time. If I am right, then God help us. If I am wrong, then praise Allah, God, or any other deity of your choice.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
To put it simply, to eventually usher in the a new age. The real plan is a complete merging of the entire continent into one super country. We will be brought together with a common currency and a common government. The US will cease to exist as a singular nation and become an integrated super society. If this could be done with a harmonious result I would say it sounds like a great plan. But the powers that be want this for one reason, to rule and control. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And we have entirely to many super wealthy aristocrats in this world who wish to rule us all. Thus, our dilemma. There can be no peace when the rulers do not desire it. There will always be war, hunger, and hate as long as it is perpetuated through the media and society itself. We are not ready for this kind of merger. It will result in utter chaos. Which may well be the desired result of those who would seek power. What better way to bring change than to bring order out of chaos. Just a theory mind you, the proof will be revealed in time. If I am right, then God help us. If I am wrong, then praise Allah, God, or any other deity of your choice.
Interesting, because - in spite of the danger (especially in these times) of not knowing who is crossing your borders - the immigration it is still very much allowed - and I believe the reason for it is economic also, though I do not know if it is so planned out as you think. Perhaps more like the multinationals and yet make more money by using cheap Mexican labour.

I wish people would focus more on this aspect of the issue and less on hating the immigrants - who are also victims in this.

Last edited by gortamor; 08-18-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Interesting, because - in spite of the danger (especially in these times) of not knowing who is crossing your borders - the immigration it is still very much allowed - and I believe the reason for it is economic also.

I wish people would focus more on this aspect of the issue and less on hating the immigrants - who are also victims in this.
So true, they are being exploited on a daily basis. Do you think they would still be here if they stood up and demanded the same wages and treatment Americans demand. Hell no, they'd be back in Mexico before supper time. They are being used as wage control and retail market relief. It is common knowledge that many illegals send money home to Mexico. But, it is also common knowledge that illegals like to spend money. You can go anywhere and find them in the shops, buying things they don't really need but enjoying their chance to have the things they want. I really don't completely fault the illegals, tho I feel they are in the wrong and should be made to answer for their crime. But, if I put myself in their position, I bet I would have tried to come here too. Maybe I would have done it the right way, maybe not. Who knows, I have never been in that situation so I cannot accurately say what I would do. But in the end you are absolutely correct, they are here mainly because of their effect on our economic situation. Our government does not care about them any more than they care about us. They are just being used as a means to an end. And I wish they could see that too.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
So true, they are being exploited on a daily basis. Do you think they would still be here if they stood up and demanded the same wages and treatment Americans demand. Hell no, they'd be back in Mexico before supper time. They are being used as wage control and retail market relief. It is common knowledge that many illegals send money home to Mexico. But, it is also common knowledge that illegals like to spend money. You can go anywhere and find them in the shops, buying things they don't really need but enjoying their chance to have the things they want. I really don't completely fault the illegals, tho I feel they are in the wrong and should be made to answer for their crime. But, if I put myself in their position, I bet I would have tried to come here too. Maybe I would have done it the right way, maybe not. Who knows, I have never been in that situation so I cannot accurately say what I would do. But in the end you are absolutely correct, they are here mainly because of their effect on our economic situation. Our government does not care about them any more than they care about us. They are just being used as a means to an end. And I wish they could see that too.
I have been thinking for awhile - if the elites are truly intent on globalisation - then the only solution will be world wide unions, else we will all become economic serfs. However, given the tyranny and power of the those involved, may be near impossible to attain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration