Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
OK Read it. It says illegal aliens generally don't want to go home for medical care. In general these people have lived for some years in the states, have families and friends here and don't trust the Mexican medical system. Likely with some cause. Medical care in Mexico is not as good as in the US. There are also numerous stories of treating such returnees badly in the Mexican system. Given limited health care capacity it would not be unlikely that the Mexican discriminate against somewhat foreign newcomers.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
National Kidney Foundation:

"Although immunosuppressive drugs are very expensive, costing $10,000 -20,000 per year, if the kidney transplant fails, the person returns to dialysis at a cost of over $65,000 per year to Medicare. In addition, there are over 75,000 people on the waiting list for kidney transplant, and it's poor stewardship to lose a kidney because the patient can't afford the necessary drugs to keep it working."

National Kidney Foundation: Help Extend Coverage for Immunosuppressive Drugs (House) (http://tinyurl.com/3ptayd - broken link)
I gave you 30,000 and 52,000. You counter with 65,000. The original number you published was $249,000. So I gather you agree with me that the number in your polemic was incorrect.

Quote:
see article from the Denver Post

People are becoming more and more interested in illegal aliens' use of our medical system as hospitals close and Americans sit in an ER for 6 hours before being seen because the waiting room is full of illegals.
"are becoming"? So we agree it is a new phenomena? That the classical american hospital served all local residents. That the desire to restrict service to illegals is in fact a new thing driven by the antis?

Quote:
They may pay $17.56 in taxes and get $10,000 of medical care. And they are not supposed to be here in the first place.
By the way............you never did tell me how you liked the idea of having a family of illegal aliens move into your place and in return for them mowing your lawn, you will provide all sorts of goodies for them. I mean, what's not to like about it?
Maybe. And some pay 5,000 or 10,000 in taxes and don't get a dimes worth of assistance. That is how the system works. Why should it be different for illegals.

I at various times have a guy that moves in, takes over my house for a few weeks, eats my food, watches my television and sleeps in one of my beds. Works fine.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I gave you 30,000 and 52,000. You counter with 65,000. The original number you published was $249,000. So I gather you agree with me that the number in your polemic was incorrect.
This is what I posted:

Quote:
Here is another stunt that the illegal aliens like to pull. Yet another way to flock over the American taxpayer big time.

This particular grift begins when an illegal alien in kidney failure sneaks into the US. He or she has no doubt been receiving dialysis in Mexico, but..........the US has waaaaay more dialysis machines and they only want a better life, etc., etc. Plus the gringo stole their land. Anyhow, once in the US, all they have to do is show up at the nearest ER needing their dialysis treatment and they will be dialyzed. And it won't cost them a dime! (they wouldn't pay even if it did) From then on they are either sent to a dialysis unit or will simply show up in the ER ever few days for their treatment. What a deal ,huh? As usual, it is a great deal for the illegal grifter. But it is a real bad deal for the US taxpayer because dialysis runs around $65,000 a year. And if our illegal Mexican citizen decides to settle down here, it is going to cost a boatload of cash to keep him going.

Here is a comment from another board that sums it up very well:

Quote:
I'm not smart enough to follow all that crazy math that's been done up there. I'll simply present what FOUR illegal immigrants do to tax payers. My father was a dialysis technician that had to take care of illegal immigrants that come to the Emergency Room. As we all know going to the E.R. increases costs of services. So, here we go:
1. Simple use of dialysis machine for 1 illegal immigrant coming into the E.R. = $1,600
2. A minimum amount for needed drugs during dialysis treatment = $2,400.
3. Standard cost for 1 illegal immigrant's single dialysis treatment = $4,000.
Now, I mentioned 4 immigrants. So, here we go again:
1. Simple use of dialysis machine for 4 illegal immigrants coming to the E.R. (1 time each) = $6,400 (1,600 x 4)
2. Minimum amount for needed drugs during treatment = $9,600 (2,400 x 4)
3. Standard cost for 4 illegal immigrant's SINGLE dialysis treatment = $16,000
Now, each immigrant gets the dialysis treatment 3 times a week = $48,000 per week.
Multiply this amount for 52 weeks and you get a nice little lump sum of $2,496,000 per year that FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers. Obviously this amount is lower than 70 billion but look at how many people it takes to incur almost 2.5 million dollars costs. Another point I should make: The minimum amount for drugs needed is if the dialysis patient is in "good" health. Most patients need a plethora of additional drugs that only skyrockets the cost that these FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers.
Anyone who does not see a problem with these antics is running on an IQ of about -6.
Do you understand that the $249,000 figure represents the cost of dialysis for FOUR illegals for one year? I never said it cost $249,000 per year to dialyze ONE illegal.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Damn cap, I'm sure glad you don't live around me. I'd be in JAIL!

Consider your bull crap on ignore from here on out.

Look up obtuse, see olecapt's picture!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Remember saying this?

Quote:
Mexicans don't come to the US for medical care. It is quite available in Mexico and it would never occur to them.
Guess what?

Quote:
Hundreds of Mexican illegal immigrants are in Colorado not just for work but also for free medical care they say they can't get back home.
Ill Mexican nationals go home - The Denver Post

They indeed do come to the US for the express purpose of getting 'free' care courtesy of the US taxpayer. Anyone who works in healthcare could have told you that.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Maybe. And some pay 5,000 or 10,000 in taxes and don't get a dimes worth of assistance. That is how the system works. Why should it be different for illegals.
Because they are in the US illegally.

Quote:
I at various times have a guy that moves in, takes over my house for a few weeks, eats my food, watches my television and sleeps in one of my beds. Works fine.
Bad example. Presumably you gave this guy your permission to live in your home, watch your TV, eat your food and sleep in one of your beds for a few weeks at a time.
Illegal aliens have no one's permission to come here and start grabbing.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
This is what I posted:

Do you understand that the $249,000 figure represents the cost of dialysis for FOUR illegals for one year? I never said it cost $249,000 per year to dialyze ONE illegal.
Sorry I was not really paying proper attention. The analysis states

"Multiply this amount for 52 weeks and you get a nice little lump sum of $2,496,000 per year that FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers. "

Dividing $2,496,000 by the 4 illegals leads to a cost of $624,000 each.

That is rougly 10 times our top estimate.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Because they are in the US illegally.

Bad example. Presumably you gave this guy your permission to live in your home, watch your TV, eat your food and sleep in one of your beds for a few weeks at a time.
Illegal aliens have no one's permission to come here and start grabbing.
Of course they do. De facto perhaps. Not de jure. But still they have it.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Sorry I was not really paying proper attention. The analysis states

"Multiply this amount for 52 weeks and you get a nice little lump sum of $2,496,000 per year that FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers. "

Dividing $2,496,000 by the 4 illegals leads to a cost of $624,000 each.

That is rougly 10 times our top estimate.
And your point is? You don't think it is possible to run up a bill like that? Why not!

Quote:
Another point I should make:[b] The minimum amount for drugs needed is if the dialysis patient is in "good" health. Most patients need a plethora of additional drugs that only skyrockets the cost that these FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers[b].
Dialysis given in an ER is the most expensive method of treatment. Dialysis given in a dedicated hospital clinic or a free standing dialysis facility are less costly. Dialysis that can be performed by a family member in the home is less expensive still.

If the given figures are the amounts that specific ER charges for a dialysis treatment, and 4 illegal aliens show up 3 times a week for dialysis in the ER that is what it is going to cost.

I repeat, I did not say that figure represented the average figure for ONE illegal. The average cost for dialysis for one year is $65,000. This figure takes into consideration dialysis given in all the different settings and comes up with an average. If you don't like it, that is unfortunate.
Whatever the figure is, it is entirely too much for the American taxpayer to have dumped on them.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
And your point is? You don't think it is possible to run up a bill like that? Why not!

Dialysis given in an ER is the most expensive method of treatment. Dialysis given in a dedicated hospital clinic or a free standing dialysis facility are less costly. Dialysis that can be performed by a family member in the home is less expensive still.

If the given figures are the amounts that specific ER charges for a dialysis treatment, and 4 illegal aliens show up 3 times a week for dialysis in the ER that is what it is going to cost.

I repeat, I did not say that figure represented the average figure for ONE illegal. The average cost for dialysis for one year is $65,000. This figure takes into consideration dialysis given in all the different settings and comes up with an average. If you don't like it, that is unfortunate.
Whatever the figure is, it is entirely too much for the American taxpayer to have dumped on them.

YOu guys are unable to stop proving my point. You and I go off and find estimates of dialysis of between 30 and 65K. But it cost 624K when it is done for an illegal.

Yes there are illegals in Denver who don't want to go home over the medical care...but nobody in their right mind would go from Mexico to Denver to achieve medical care.

You guys indict yourselves with your outrageous arguments. OK you don't like illegal Mexicans. That is your privilege. The mere fact of being illegal is sufficient for your purposes. Why make up silly fairy tales and requirements to denigrate them? They don't deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration