Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,693 times

Advertisements

Ahh, good to be among my people - fellow Pats fans lol - pass the Sam Adams

This is simple to understand - Steelers fans keep applying what a "runner" can do, to what a "receiver" can do. Had James been a runner - touch down, he was a receiver and did not demonstrate control in the air and surviving the ground - no catch, no TD. That simple. I've been arguing this (to no avail) with Steeler friends.

I just know if we do see each other in the playoffs this is going to be one smash mouth, dirty play after dirty play game - these guys want blood and I know they'll come for Brady. Pats need to get ready, I'm not liking how much Brady's been hit in the second half of the season, and especially yesterday. Many wrap around the ankle tackles soley meant to crack them and take him out the game - these guys play dirty and we need to be ready for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 01:17 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Ahh, good to be among my people - fellow Pats fans lol - pass the Sam Adams

This is simple to understand - Steelers fans keep applying what a "runner" can do, to what a "receiver" can do. Had James been a runner - touch down, he was a receiver and did not demonstrate control in the air and surviving the ground - no catch, no TD. That simple. I've been arguing this (to no avail) with Steeler friends.

I just know if we do see each other in the playoffs this is going to be one smash mouth, dirty play after dirty play game - these guys want blood and I know they'll come for Brady. Pats need to get ready, I'm not liking how much Brady's been hit in the second half of the season, and especially yesterday. Many wrap around the ankle tackles soley meant to crack them and take him out the game - these guys play dirty and we need to be ready for it.
I wonder how much blood will be shed next week against the Bills. The Bills win out they are in the playoffs, and you know they didn't forget what Gronk did.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:07 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I wonder how much blood will be shed next week against the Bills. The Bills win out they are in the playoffs, and you know they didn't forget what Gronk did.
Yeah I could see that one as another "paper superbowl" (same one that Dolphins had last week). They bring it all and lay it all on the field as if it were the Super Bowl (and at this point, beating the Pats at this point in the season is like winning your own Super Bowl). I just hope they keep everyone healthy going into the post season. I'm really uneasy about how many times Brady is getting knocked to the ground.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:57 PM

730 posts, read 1,315,063 times
Can someone explain to me about the "fake spike" call, non call that happened at the end of the game.

The announcers were openly critical of Rothlesburger not taking responsibility for the call, non call.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:05 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Can someone explain to me about the "fake spike" call, non call that happened at the end of the game.

The announcers were openly critical of Rothlesburger not taking responsibility for the call, non call.
Once the TD was called back, all Ben had to do was clock it and get a short FG chance for OT. Instead, he threw in the middle of coverage with only one receiver running a route. The Pats knew the fake spike was coming, fooled no one.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:34 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post

Pittsburgh was not ready to run more plays once the TD was called back. Given the magnitude of this game, they should have had 2-3 plays scripted and ready to go. Instead of standing around looking at the screen, Todd Haley, Mike Tomlin and Ben should have been huddled deciding what plays they were going to run in the event the TD is called back. They attempted a boneheaded play and it blew up in their faces in spectacular fashion.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
The ruling on the incompletion was spot-on.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...eting-a-catch/

All James had to do with secure that ball and it would have been 2nd-and-goal at the one-foot line with 28 seconds left and plenty of time for Pittsburgh to run two plays, then kick a field goal on fourth down if necessary.

James blew it.

Then the Steelers blew it with the fake-spike call.

Then Roethlisberger blew it with the ill-advised pass.

People whining about the call either don't know the rules or don't care because they'd rather spin nonsensical conspiracy theories and whine about how unfair everything is than acknowledge that the call was right and that the player should have made sure he caught the ball before trying to get into the end zone.
maybe so, but if new england had lost the exact same way- the whining would be deafening. Heck the loss to the jets on the weird call on the FG, you'd think it was a CIA conspiracy against you guys. pat fans whine just as loud as other teams fans. Just going by social media posts, the Patriots have NEVER lost a game in the Brady/Belichick era-EVER! The games that ended with the opponent having more points than the patriots, were called losses only by "haters" New England does NOT lose, but rather gave the game away, or had it taken from them by the refs, but they NEVER lost-anyone who says they did is a jealous hater

Old 12-18-2017, 06:49 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
:d

Old 12-18-2017, 06:51 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
maybe so, but if new england had lost the exact same way- the whining would be deafening. Heck the loss to the jets on the weird call on the FG, you'd think it was a CIA conspiracy against you guys. pat fans whine just as loud as other teams fans. Just going by social media posts, the Patriots have NEVER lost a game in the Brady/Belichick era-EVER! The games that ended with the opponent having more points than the patriots, were called losses only by "haters" New England does NOT lose, but rather gave the game away, or had it taken from them by the refs, but they NEVER lost-anyone who says they did is a jealous hater
What are you talking about? Social media is an awful gauge of fans of football teams. EVERY NFL team has obnoxious fans, every single one. Because the Patriots have been so dominant everything they do gets magnified and fans come out of the woodwork to gloat when they lose, or something bad happens to them.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:00 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
...So, Steelers fans can complain but Patriots fans can't?

I get it, the Steelers didn't lose, they gave the game away.

Most roads go both ways.

I've read discussion posts of New England fans arguing it was a touchdown. I've also read Pittsburgh fans coming to the realization that the ball hit the ground. Not all fans are irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football