Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 01:26 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
They are weak-minded, robotic drones.

Look one in the eye and there's no there, there.

dream on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
What do you mean by "prove about"? That they exist? That they are effective and life-saving? Both are well established from multiple sources.

Why not? Anything of such import very much should be discussed. That you prefer they not be discussed is beside the point, though it is certainly a red flag also.

What is actually happening is that certain teachers make the CLAIM that they are the "REAL" teachers ... or more precisely each and every group makes that claim. And then sure, some people simply accept that claim; others expect it to be substantiated and supported by something that EARNS their trust.

So these teachers of yours make themselves equal to god and the scriptures and take on the same claims of infallibility? That exceeds the overt claims of most teachers and is also a red flag.

I know 100% for sure they are the faithful and discreet slave that Jesus appointed. They don't make themselves = to God--you just make up bull like most do. They never claimed to be infallible either--so why do you believe lies and try to spread them?
I meant--abstain from blood cannot be proved by either side if blood transfusion is included, but knowing the real teachers of Jesus'. I believe them.
Some lived from transfusion--but many contracted--aids--hep c or died anyways.
The teachings of Jesus prove 100% the JW teachers are his.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
And if you want actual scriptural proof of improper JW doctrine, it is the fact that not a single Greek New Testament manuscript has the Divine Name YHWH in it. They all have Kyrios ("Lord"). Yet the JW translation of the New Testament replaces Kyrios with Jehovah. Why? One of their reasons is because it looks "inconsistent" with the OT! Well, that's because it is.... that's no reason to produce a translation that is a lie.

They can try to justify it all they want (I've heard it all), but they are clearly mistranslating what the actual New Testament text says - that's a fact. In fact, their translation has been a laughing stock for decades for this very reason.

There are many places in the NT where the ot is quoted and the name YHWH is there in the ot. So with 0 doubt--Gods name belongs in the NT. The wicked removed Gods personal name in nearly 6800 spots in the ot--the wicked keep it out and refuse to believe it belongs in the NT as well.
Some greek scholars say its the best translation -ever. The trinity teachers condemn it because it exposes their lies.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:50 PM

481 posts, read 263,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
They remind me of Mormons since they are not allowed to dance or drink.
Yes, didn't you know that sex leads to dancing

Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The JW's lose all credibility and respect when they stupidly claim that anyone can be celebrating or worshiping something they do NOT INTEND to celebrate or worship. It is a preposterous belief that is born of ancient ignorance and superstition. It is impossible to celebrate or worship anything that you do NOT intend to celebrate or worship. Intent is controlling, period.

What? Please explain, I only speak human, sorry.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
dream on.

Yes, dream on indeed. Many people of little intelligence will stare at something that they have no knowledge about and see nothing.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:57 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
They've always been very nice to me. They have such a kind demeanor and are great marketers. I just tell them I'm preoccupied but I do know the Lord and we have friendly banter and they are on their way. No nastiness necessary.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I know 100% for sure they are the faithful and discreet slave that Jesus appointed. They don't make themselves = to God--you just make up bull like most do. They never claimed to be infallible either--so why do you believe lies and try to spread them?
I meant--abstain from blood cannot be proved by either side if blood transfusion is included, but knowing the real teachers of Jesus'. I believe them.
Some lived from transfusion--but many contracted--aids--hep c or died anyways.
The teachings of Jesus prove 100% the JW teachers are his.
KJW47 Do you notice that no one will give scriptural proof that the JWs are wrong, or more importantly that God's Word is wrong. I think I am a bit hard on them as they do not have the where with all to understand what is written, and wouldn't know the bible from a Phantom Comic. This is not an insult as it shows its truth through the lack of Scriptural proof from the debaters.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:00 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
KJW47 Do you notice that no one will give scriptural proof that the JWs are wrong, or more importantly that God's Word is wrong. I think I am a bit hard on them as they do not have the where with all to understand what is written, and wouldn't know the bible from a Phantom Comic. This is not an insult as it shows its truth through the lack of Scriptural proof from the debaters.
It's been done do death. If you are really interested in it I could try and find some threads I participated in and the evidence I presented. It falls on deaf ears as Kw7 and exPat try and say the Watchtower acted as 'prophets", not prophets. We could start all over with the Deut 18

21 “But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord?’ 22 If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.

The Watchtower made predictions of the end times complete with dates and time references. They have all failed. That is why the are saying "generation" is 2 overlapping groups that began in 1914. They PROMISED in Jehovah's name that the end would come before the generation spoke of in Matt died out(they had already identified that as people alive in 1914). Since that has happened they have to redefine the term generation.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:12 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
They don't make themselves = to God--you just make up bull like most do.
It was your statement, not mine. You said that they are to be believed and trusted just like scripture is to be believed and trusted and like Jesus is to be believed and trusted. If that is the uncritical following expected, then yes, they ARE making themselves equal to Jesus and to the scriptures. If that's not what you meant to say, perhaps you would like to retract it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality