Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 02:39 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^ Shaking my head.

People can be so dumb. See it every day (almost).

Old 08-11-2019, 05:47 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
soooooooooo, this morning walked down to the local café with the doggie, sat outside with my coffee and pecan sticky bun thing, light sprinkles, cool breeze. Some other folks sitting around. Local cowboy walks up to get coffee, now he looks like he just stepped out of a roy rogers tv set, complete with western belt holster and a very nice colt 1873 .45 revolver on his side that's been in his family for generations.

Anyway....a lady yelled "he's got a gun!" i looked at her and said, lady everyone here has a gun, you just can't see them. Bob (yeah cowboy bob, i know), is a rancher. Everyone else just shook their heads and chuckled. She got in her audi with, well license plates from a state west of here, and left.

Today's entertainment. I'm going fishing.
lol!!

Old 08-11-2019, 05:52 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Hi everyone! I'm checking in after a L-O-N-G absence.

Well I am now officially retired. Officer Clark transitioned into "semi-retirement" last September, but since the beginning of this summer I am now fully retired.

I bought a new car ... a Hyundai. I took a couple of road trips in my new car. With a buddy I took a few weeks driving down south to Miami via Norfolk, Charleston, Savannah, and St. Augustine. On the way back we went a different way: through northern Georgia, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Shenandoah, etc. It was a great trip. My buddy, an attorney who also just retired this year, was something of a nag though (a motorcyclist, he always wanted me to go faster even though I was exceeding the speed limit).

What model Hyundai did you get? I am considering, maybe, the Kona.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:18 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,226 times
Yippee! I'm having my Third Colonoscopy Tomorrow! That's like a City-Data Forum Gold Star!

Old 08-11-2019, 10:55 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,192,015 times
This afternoon myself and the 2 guys went to see the TCM 50th Anniversary presentation of "Hello Dolly" at the theater. It is playing at theaters all over the U.S. this week only. If you have a chance (and like the old musicals), GO!

Old 08-12-2019, 06:27 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I had a wonderful birthday (66th) yesterday. Went to brunch in Evergreen (Colorado) and it was cool, and it actually sprinkled a bit! Then we walked around that small, quaint and old town, and my husband bought some earrings for me that I saw and liked very much. Then we came home and did a few errands (and the weather stayed cool!), and then he fixed an excellent steak dinner for us with a very good Napa Cab and then watched an old movie we haven't seen in decades ("The Halleleujah Trail' with Burt Lancaster and Lee Remick), which was fun; and then we walked our dog, and then had German chocolate cake and chocolate chip ice cream and my husband sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

It was honestly the best birthday that I have EVER had that I remember -- and if this is what being over 65 will be like, I will have NO complaints whatsoever!

Old 08-12-2019, 07:52 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I had a wonderful birthday (66th) yesterday. Went to brunch in Evergreen (Colorado) and it was cool, and it actually sprinkled a bit! Then we walked around that small, quaint and old town, and my husband bought some earrings for me that I saw and liked very much. Then we came home and did a few errands (and the weather stayed cool!), and then he fixed an excellent steak dinner for us with a very good Napa Cab and then watched an old movie we haven't seen in decades ("The Halleleujah Trail' with Burt Lancaster and Lee Remick), which was fun; and then we walked our dog, and then had German chocolate cake and chocolate chip ice cream and my husband sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

It was honestly the best birthday that I have EVER had that I remember -- and if this is what being over 65 will be like, I will have NO complaints whatsoever!
Glad to hear that you had such a nice day for your birthday. The Hallelujah Trail is one of my favorite fun movies to watch. Every few years if we see it coming on TV, we just pop some popcorn and sit back and laugh.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:25 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
I picked up an electric pressure washer on sale this morning at Lowe’s. I just refuse to quit creating work for myself

Old 08-12-2019, 03:29 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I picked up an electric pressure washer on sale this morning at Lowe’s. I just refuse to quit creating work for myself
I know what you mean - I have that same problem.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:36 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Katharsis, If I'd had a husband like that, I would never have gotten divorced.

Happy birthday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement