Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 12:49 PM

11,178 posts, read 16,049,895 times

Advertisements

Back in the hospital today and for the next 5 days. But at least this time it was planned. Blue Cross is not going to be happy, lol.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 PM

4,548 posts, read 3,774,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
Jean_Ji - You are welcome to stay at my house ANYTIME!
I need to invite myself to my own house.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:28 PM

5,950 posts, read 5,125,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Back in the hospital today and for the next 5 days. But at least this time it was planned. Blue Cross is not going to be happy, lol.

What?????!!!!!! Forget BC/BS...... it's their job to help you pay for your medical needs.

I am truly sorry you are back in hospital, even if it was planned.

Get well soon.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:35 PM

2,876 posts, read 1,824,030 times
Flowers to Mad Man.

Eclipse,reminds me of a question on Question(s) of the Day on this Forum.

What is the first headline you remember ?

Little Rock, AR, students being sprayed with fire hoses, wanting to attend school. This Northern CA girl was puzzled; grew up in Oakland, CA.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:23 PM

71 posts, read 49,401 times
jim9251 - just spent a wonderful week on the front range visiting my son. We took a day trip to Durango and then the next day up the 550 through Silverton, Ouray and Montrose and then 50 back home. OMG were the mountains beautiful. All three of us were checking out house prices. I lived 7 years in Colorado Springs and then moved back home to be closer to my family. COS still tugs at my heart when I visit there. Just can't stand the winters though. I have to say I'm a little jealous of you living on the western slope....

Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,907,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston 2025 View Post
jim9251 - just spent a wonderful week on the front range visiting my son. We took a day trip to Durango and then the next day up the 550 through Silverton, Ouray and Montrose and then 50 back home. OMG were the mountains beautiful. All three of us were checking out house prices. I lived 7 years in Colorado Springs and then moved back home to be closer to my family. COS still tugs at my heart when I visit there. Just can't stand the winters though. I have to say I'm a little jealous of you living on the western slope....

Glad you had a nice visit.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:17 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,196,501 times
MMoB, sorry to hear you are back in the hospital again. Praying you start to feel better soon.

I just got out last night, myself. Went in through the ER on Sunday morning and came home last night. Nice to be home, although feeling like a rag doll. Although I had to cancel my trip to visit the "kid's" in Norfolk. But that's okay, things will work out with a rescheduled date.

We just had a Presidential visit in Phoenix last night. Unfortunately there were a lot of protesters out and apparently a few got out of hand. But Kudos to our Phoenix Police Dept who did a great job of keeping the peace. It is not easy for our Officers to be out there in the heat for hours!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:05 PM

5,950 posts, read 5,125,331 times
HollyhockGarden: Just wanted to say sorry you needed to go to the ER but glad you are back home now. Please take care of yourself. You are (to me) an important contributor to this forum.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,088,699 times
Yes, Hollyhock, please be careful. As for that disgusting display in Phoenix last night, I am reading that many paid people came from other cities to be protesters. Who paid them, not sure. But this certainly has to stop. It's a wonder no one was seriously injured.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:29 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,926,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, Hollyhock, please be careful. As for that disgusting display in Phoenix last night, I am reading that many paid people came from other cities to be protesters. Who paid them, not sure. But this certainly has to stop. It's a wonder no one was seriously injured.

You know, I have my doubts about people being paid to go to those 'rallies'. Trump has enough non-supporters who happily do it for free. They seem to think that just because some of them come in on busses that they are paid to do so. It's usually just a large group who decided to come together and came in on a bus! Nobody paid them to do so. I saw that with the several marches on Washington that I watched and read on Facebook where people were organizing to do that. No dollars exchanged just a lot of passion and 'want to be heard'. Thing is, once the idea is implanted, it sticks even if it's proven to be untrue. So some people will always believe that protestors are paid to be there.

Why is Trump still having 'rallies' anyway? To keep his supporters "fired up", I suppose. I saw where he is giving a speech today. Not being called a "rally".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement