Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

Arias Twitter account has been closed! Yes!!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootshmoot View Post
well, yes it's true that false confessions do occur......

But regarding the tip that was phoned in to police by ART, I don't think she phoned it in in the beginning and then killed herself two years later. It seems like in the police report (please correct me if I'm wrong) she died of a gunshot wound to the head very shortly after calling in to say she thought a certain person knew something; the tip and her death occurred about a year and a half after TA's death, right? And she had taken out a restraining order against that person at an earlier time in between, allegedly. It seems like maybe she said in some report she'd had a friendship with TA prior to his death and had considered moving into his house as a roommate, while she and her husband were having difficulties or something??? But don't quote me on that, it might say in the police report. (Another point people have discussed is the unusual bullet trajectory, downward trajectory, strange angle for a suicide.) Supposedly another "suicide" ruling by the same coroner is under review, death of a police officer.

Regarding "Jodi wouldn't hesitate to blame another person if she could", well that depends on two things, (a) her knowing who (b) her not being afraid to tell, i.e. would she want to suffer the same fate as that girl or TA, or could she have believed her family was threatened, etc. It would have to be a pretty bad threat to make a person confess to a murder. IF it really was not her and was someone else, which is purely theoretical of course. But of course as you mentioned, sometimes people do give false confessions because they are unstable and someone convinces them they did something, or because they break down under a long period of questioning, or for a variety of mental reasons.
Ahhhh, a Conspiracist!!

....many a stone left unturned........many a secret not revealed....many a book to be written....

Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
The only "abusive" texts he sent to her was after she had been stalking him for months, slashing his tires, breaking into his Facebook, email and MySpace accounts etc. Would not most people be a little upset by that? Then on May 26 2008 he sent her texts calling her a sociopath and the worst thing that ever happened to him. 2 days later she stole the gun and a week after that he was dead.
He texted her that? Christ. I've texted that to an ex who now lives in Texas. Course, it's been years since we dated but still. My friends have always jokingly warned me that he could come back for me. Yeesh.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Arias Twitter account has been closed! Yes!!
They didn't waste any time with that! Sheriff Joe doesn't mess around!

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see Juan or Det. Flores's reactions when the verdict was read...they worked so hard and for so long to make this happen. But tomorrow at 1pm AZ Time, it's back to the courthouse for the aggravation phase with the handsome Dr. Horn. Do we have to hear Willmott or Nurmi again for that?

I've only seen the abbreviated clip of JA's interview. Not sure if I could sit through the whole thing after hearing her talk about how she expects to have a "long natural life."

Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Count me in too ... the only thing I dislike is ... it takes to long before they stick the needle in her arm.

Justice was served for Travis Alexander and the Alexander family today.
I have no problem with the DP. It might be more terrible for this young lady to be locked up the rest of her life. Her ego would put her in a mental ward.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Wouldn't it be nice to hear her apologize to the families and admit she committed a terrible crime.

"I'm Sorry" must not exist in her mind.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Oh wow. Yeah my "little overboard" statement was sarcasm, haha.

She did all this to a man who "supposedly" abused her? Good grief, there's no reason for that!
I know, was not born yesterday LA. But this woman seems to have no remorese what so ever. Who knows what went on with the two of them, but no person deserves to go out the way he did.

There was so so so much blood. But she just seems to be type, that thought she would never be convicted, one look at her and you could tell this.

Remember hearing a tape from her, own words, stating she would never be convicted.

There were many people who state she was not abused, her word against all of them.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
They didn't waste any time with that! Sheriff Joe doesn't mess around!

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see Juan or Det. Flores's reactions when the verdict was read...they worked so hard and for so long to make this happen. But tomorrow at 1pm AZ Time, it's back to the courthouse for the aggravation phase with the handsome Dr. Horn. Do we have to hear Willmott or Nurmi again for that?

I've only seen the abbreviated clip of JA's interview. Not sure if I could sit through the whole thing after hearing her talk about how she expects to have a "long natural life."
I think she is 'blowing smoke" and still no remorse in that interview. I can't believe 20 minutes after the verdict Nurmi and Willmott let her talk to the press ... but Arias does what Arias wants to do ... that was evident during the trial. I think all the smirks, lies, tweets, the coloring, writing ... ending up biting her on the butt. This has restored my faith in juries.

I would have like to have seen Juan and Flores too when the verdict was read ... I think Nurmi crawled up under the desk.

Speaking of Sheriff Joe ... do you think there will be a recall election?

I still laugh about his system of bringing the inmates to the court for trials ... bus leaves jail at 5:00 AM and returns for pick-up at 5:00 PM ... no running back and forth to the court that is a waste of gasoline. So they sit in the basement in holding cells all day long until their case is called or after the case ends. On the news last night the reporter talking to the jail personnel said they have 800 to 900 inmates a day to transport to courts. WOW!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I assume most of you guys support the death penalty in this case ?
Yes, remember that old adage: "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

It won't be quick if she gets the death sentence, the average con on death row goes through about 20 years of appeals. And the egotistical showman Arias she'll milk it to death (pun included).

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know, was not born yesterday LA. But this woman seems to have no remorese what so ever. Who knows what went on with the two of them, but no person deserves to go out the way he did.

There was so so so much blood. But she just seems to be type, that thought she would never be convicted, one look at her and you could tell this.

Remember hearing a tape from her, own words, stating she would never be convicted.

There were many people who state she was not abused, her word against all of them.
Justice has been served. Which is funny because our legal system has worked the way it's supposed to and yet people STILL complain about the verdict or leap to Jodi's defense.

Just seems ironic to me, is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime