U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times
Reputation: 7408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Post #133 has no scripture to support your beliefs. And regardless, there is no scripture to support your doctrines anyway...nice try though...

You say faith is non-meritorious but then you use faith in a meritorious way. How clever of you.... Now, if faith is of God (which it is), and through which we receive Christ and His righteousness (which it is), I would agree that man takes no credit therein.

However, if as you say that faith is a "choice" and a "decision" to be made by man, of which without he cannot be regenerated, saved, or imputed with righteousness, then I disagree, his faith becomes most certainly meritorious, regardless of how you want to disguise and wrap it.

The reason scripture gives all credit to Jesus for our gift of salvation is because all of it is of grace. Nothing, including faith or any other act by man, can be attributed to salvation. Otherwise, it is no more of grace.
Readers please go back to post #133 and see for yourselves that on the authority of the word of God, no man is justified apart from faith in Christ.

 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Florida
595 posts, read 711,479 times
Reputation: 266
God IS love ,but also for those who fail to worship Him .......He is a consuming fire !!!!
Deut 4:24 and Heb 12:28-29. He has and will in the future fry His enemies although
out of love will spare unbelievers who become eventual believers (his love side). The
point is knowing the warnings ,the rules ,commands,outcomes of decisions. Hell is addressed
in detail and it appears unsaved will receive a nasty judgement (left up to Him only) not
by we sinners. Your NOT a child of God if of don't believe in His Son Jesus Christ. You are
the enemy which God historically destroys as evidenced at Armagedon and Gog and Magog
although the billions killed also will be judged by God with potentially hell bound outcomes?
Hell is a place of darkness and of fire that there is knashing of teeth,screams for a drop
of water on their tongues and eternal suffering. Jesus went there upon His death (Center of the earth )to see those wailing in hell. God isn't as much a angry spirit as He is a judge who gave
his creation the tools to avoid eternal hell and when they consciously and blaspheme His spirit,
mock His word, reject His invitation and His Son or fperpetuate an image of "enemy" like satan he/she is toast.

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 01-12-2011 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: formating
 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
God IS love ,but also for those who fail to worship Him .......He is a consuming fire !!!!
Deut 4:24 and Heb 12:28-29. He has and will in the future fry His enemies although
out of love will spare unbelievers who become eventual believers (his love side). The
point is knowing the warnings ,the rules ,commands,outcomes of decisions. Hell is addressed
in detail and it appears unsaved will receive a nasty judgement (left up to Him only) not
by we sinners. Your NOT a child of God if of don't believe in His Son Jesus Christ. You are
the enemy which God historically destroys as evidenced at Armagedon and Gog and Magog
although the billions killed also will be judged by God with potentially hell bound outcomes?
Hell is a place of darkness and of fire that there is knashing of teeth,screams for a drop
of water on their tongues and eternal suffering. Jesus went there upon His death (Center of the earth )to see those wailing in hell. God isn't as much a angry spirit as He is a judge who gave
his creation the tools to avoid eternal hell and when they consciously and blaspheme His spirit,
mock His word, reject His invitation and His Son or fperpetuate an image of "enemy" like satan he/she is toast.

Das
Why would one only ask for a drop of water for their tongue?
 
Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 PM
 
17,702 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Readers please go back to post #133 and see for yourselves that on the authority of the word of God, no man is justified apart from faith in Christ.
I believe the post number is incorrect.
However,
we are justified by and through the faith and faithfulness of Christ Jesus himself. It is not our faith in Christ, but as "those" who are of the "Faith of Christ."
Now, thatís peace of mind without turmoil, trusting in Jesusí faith and faithfulness, not our own. Anything else only amounts to legalistic bookkeeping; adding or subtracting.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe the post number is incorrect.
However, we are justified by and through the faith and faithfulness of Christ Jesus himself. It is not our faith in Christ, but as "those" who are of the "Faith of Christ."
Now, that’s peace of mind without turmoil, trusting in Jesus’ faith and faithfulness, not our own. Anything else only amounts to legalistic bookkeeping; adding or subtracting.


Romans 3:3. What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness?

II Timothy 2:13. If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself or Our faith may fail, his never wanes- That's who he is, he cannot change!
 
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 PM
 
10,183 posts, read 10,544,003 times
Reputation: 3018
Quote:
No one is justifed at physical birth. Everyone is born spiritually dead and under judgment. Readers please refer to post #182.
Here's where my thinking goes off the tracks. All are condemned from the moment they are born, but babies who die get a "get of hell free" card because they are not able to comprehend the meaning of salvation, justification, etc. God apparently greatly compromises His moral integrity and sense of justice by agreeing to save a baby, but has no problem sending to hell for eternal torment a Muslim child or Buddhist, or Confusician, or Hindu when they have grown up knowing nothing except the religious beliefs they were taught by their parents from birth, and all this for the simple reason that "all men have the knowledge of God and Jesus encoded into their genes from Noah's sons until now so that all men are without excuse in the eyes of God for not knowing what He expects them to know, which is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus" even when 90% of everyone who has ever lived has never even heard the name, "Jesus". No matter how many times I repeat this to myself the central processing unit chip in my brain just goes up in smoke. Anybody else have a problem with this?
 
Old 01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,040,760 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Here's where my thinking goes off the tracks. All are condemned from the moment they are born, but babies who die get a "get of hell free" card because they are not able to comprehend the meaning of salvation, justification, etc. God apparently greatly compromises His moral integrity and sense of justice by agreeing to save a baby, but has no problem sending to hell for eternal torment a Muslim child or Buddhist, or Confusician, or Hindu when they have grown up knowing nothing except the religious beliefs they were taught by their parents from birth, and all this for the simple reason that "all men have the knowledge of God and Jesus encoded into their genes from Noah's sons until now so that all men are without excuse in the eyes of God for not knowing what He expects them to know, which is that the only way to salvation is through Jesus" even when 90% of everyone who has ever lived has never even heard the name, "Jesus". No matter how many times I repeat this to myself the central processing unit chip in my brain just goes up in smoke. Anybody else have a problem with this?
Well, how about this one in Noah's day..... when God destroyed the earth with water, did everyone at the time know God ?? Men/women/children/babies......
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Post #133 has no scripture to support your beliefs. And regardless, there is no scripture to support your doctrines anyway...nice try though...

You say faith is non-meritorious but then you use faith in a meritorious way. How clever of you.... Now, if faith is of God (which it is), and through which we receive Christ and His righteousness (which it is), I would agree that man takes no credit therein.

However, if as you say that faith is a "choice" and a "decision" to be made by man, of which without he cannot be regenerated, saved, or imputed with righteousness, then I disagree, his faith becomes most certainly meritorious, regardless of how you want to disguise and wrap it.

The reason scripture gives all credit to Jesus for our gift of salvation is because all of it is of grace. Nothing, including faith or any other act by man, can be attributed to salvation. Otherwise, it is no more of grace.
Agreed! The faith we have (if we have it) has been given to us by God. This is, imo, a major difference between UR and ET.

UR gives God ALL the glory.

ET keeps some for itself.

Blessings!
brian
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe the post number is incorrect.
However,
we are justified by and through the faith and faithfulness of Christ Jesus himself. It is not our faith in Christ, but as "those" who are of the "Faith of Christ."
Now, thatís peace of mind without turmoil, trusting in Jesusí faith and faithfulness, not our own. Anything else only amounts to legalistic bookkeeping; adding or subtracting.


Blessings Jerwade!
Brian
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You've completely lost your mind....
LOL...no...my friend..I am fully sane, fully educated, fully grasped my faith in Christ. It may be hard for you to understand, and that is because of your reformed teaching that has been engrained in you.

I have provided several links in the past...now I will provide one simple one, yet there are so much more. If you think you are capable of presenting your faith, to the world that believes in Atheism...that man is an evolved being, as the numerous evidences that outweigh creation ex nihilo, as opposed to eventual evolution...you will fall, you will stumble at the table of debate. You will not only stumble, in time, much shorter than in far times ahead, will your brand of faith, your naive rendition of what the Bible, the holy scriptures aside it, and what the Gospel really teaches, will fade away like a whisper in distant times past. I chose to rethink the Bible, in light of ancient history, not in light of 21st century befuddled in confusion over the ancients with a backward reformative existentialism, and attempt to apply cultural, theological, sociological, and historical evidence that not only confirms every step, LITERALLY, of the holy word, but it cements any attempt at misrepresentation of the the saints who painstakingly let down their lives, along with God Himself, for a people that called upon Him....with all of their heart.

Christianity has no room for UR.
Period.

Come join the debate:

The BioLogos Forum

I challenge you to give the PHD in evolutionary science who believes in Jesus Christ as his Saviour, your rendition of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top