Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM

396 posts, read 838,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
You being angry tells me you don't have a full understanding of the gospel. I use to be just like you thus my name "Reformed Liberal" I created a God to suit myself and I was so angry and disgusted at fundamentalist .Can you believe I am what I hated. I am not saying, fundamentalist are 100% correct because they are not and they would be the first to say so, it's just from my perspective of reading the entire scriptures they have a much better hold than any other group out there.

My liberal Christianity did not compute, it did not add and did not always jive with the whole gospel which found bewildering yet frustrated but the "inerrancy, infallible words of scripture" point of you I now take TOTALLY MAKE SENSE. I followed the truth and it led me here. I pray you really take a hard look at yourself and truly study the bible. follow THE truth and see where it leads.
Your statements here just reinforce my intolerance of fundie bible thumpers that try to shove their brand of Christianity down my throat. I have seen such hatred and closed mindedness on this board that it makes me sick. Take 100 people in the world, and they will each have their own beliefs and will most certainly think that their brand of Christianity is the right way. I honestly am sorry that many non-believers read this board as I'm sure it has turned people away from God. It is time to wash my hands of you (as others have done). I pray that some day you realize that by adopting an 'elitist' attitude, you are doing more harm than good. I pray that some day you will see the light. I will no longer respond to you or your posts. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
i'm not the one saying it needs to be done or has to be recognize.

YOU need to show proof it was ordained in the Bible, and by Jesus and His disciples.

Please show bible verses that show that infants were baptized.

JewishEncyclopedia.com - BAPTISM: for adults
WOW. I must say that I am shocked by your need to turn this around on GrannyNancy. You have stated or at the very least inferred that infant baptism is invalid. I assume that you are unable to find biblical reference that supports that infant baptism is invalid.

Also, just a personal curiosity, are you a practicing Jew?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
You should take your own advice.

Why can't you accept us? Can't we believe in what we want without you being sick?

That is the way we interpret the bible. Are you now judging us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
Your statements here just reinforce my intolerance of fundie bible thumpers that try to shove their brand of Christianity down my throat. I have seen such hatred and closed mindedness on this board that it makes me sick. Take 100 people in the world, and they will each have their own beliefs and will most certainly think that their brand of Christianity is the right way. I honestly am sorry that many non-believers read this board as I'm sure it has turned people away from God. It is time to wash my hands of you (as others have done). I pray that some day you realize that by adopting an 'elitist' attitude, you are doing more harm than good. I pray that some day you will see the light. I will no longer respond to you or your posts. Have a nice day.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
renriq02. - It really does not matter what I quote, because when I link you to Cornithians where whole families were baptized it will "not compute" and you will decide that the children and infants were excluded.

Reformed Liberal - The vast majority of Christendom not just Catholics [Roman Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, All Orthodox, Assyrian Church baptizes infants and has for centuries - probably since the time of Christ - at least by the 2nd century.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM

1. I'm not the one who needs to prove that it is valid. You and Granny have yet to prove that it IS valid. Are you saying now that since it's NOT in the bible that it makes it valid now?

2. This thread isn't about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
WOW. I must say that I am shocked by your need to turn this around on GrannyNancy. You have stated or at the very least inferred that infant baptism is invalid. I assume that you are unable to find biblical reference that supports that infant baptism is invalid.

Also, just a personal curiosity, are you a practicing Jew?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM

It will NOT compute because Paul taught that children were saved through their parents faith. It would make no sense to go and baptize your children then.

I 'think' that Episcopals, Methodist, Lutherans, etc were branches from the Catholic church.
I'm not sure about all, but most of it came from the Catholic church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
renriq02. - It really does not matter what I quote, because when I link you to Cornithians where whole families were baptized it will "not compute" and you will decide that the children and infants were excluded.

Reformed Liberal - The vast majority of Christendom not just Catholics [Roman Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, All Orthodox, Assyrian Church baptizes infants and has for centuries - probably since the time of Christ - at least by the 2nd century.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
1. I'm not the one who needs to prove that it is valid. You and Granny have yet to prove that it IS valid. Are you saying now that since it's NOT in the bible that it makes it valid now?
Your rebuttle here doesn't make sense to me...you ask for scripture, she gives it to you, and you turn it around and say that they need to validate it, yet you claim to believe that you only need scripture to be Christian and that scripture is always 100% correct? I'm confused.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 AM

please 'quote' the scripture that was used.

I guess I didnt see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
Your rebuttle here doesn't make sense to me...you ask for scripture, she gives it to you, and you turn it around and say that they need to validate it, yet you claim to believe that you only need scripture to be Christian and that scripture is always 100% correct? I'm confused.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
This is the only thing I can find in Paul. This was in a specific context of a convert living with someone who is not a believer - the fact that one parent does not believe does not curse the relationship or the children.............are we between the lines that this refers specifically to baptism? It is the only thing even remotely rebutting this in the works of Paul.

13And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Um...she said Corinthians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity