Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you know the introduction of the New Covenant made the Old Covenant OBSOLETE.

Under the Old Covenant God couldn't help but find fault with the people , so He fixed that by a New Covenant whereby He was no longer finding fault like He did under the Old Covenant.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said[b]:
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."[c]
13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

The fundamentalist persist in reviving that which God has made obsolete.

Fundamentalist need to believe what God has done , rather than focusing on the short comings of mankind .
It seems you are running around in circles of things that I already know. We are under a new covenant from Christ. Did I say that we didn't, no. I believe that those who are sent out of God's sight will be separated from Him, due to scripture not saying that He will eventually as some say, bring them back into His presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Indeed ... Then please help me understand what else i posted in the past few posts to you in specific that is wrong. Show me the error of my ways and explain yourself. Or do you simply choose to ignore what i said altogether? Will you not respond to my posts and my accusations?
I simply don't have the time to waste with you anymore. I am about to workout and would prefer to do that. I would rather pick this up later. People who are deceived want even look at their errors, so I want waste my time expaining to someone who is deceived.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
God's Mercy! I was under God's wrath before he saved me. He had mercy on me and did not kill me for my sins as I deserved. Thank you Jesus, for your Amazing Grace!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 PM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
God destroyed Saul.
Where is the scripture? God destroyed Paul?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Indeed, and everyone will accept it in the fullness of times ... thorough faith now or through Gods righteous fiery judgments to come.

Im sorry you think Jesus was delusional ...

Your building a strawman argument that has nothing to do with what UR is about ... As usual ... I don't have to do any of those those above all i have to do is quote a more proper translation of the bible ...

Matthew 25:41
"Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;"

That is the UR argument, but you already know that.

1. I do not deny the trinity ...
2. I do not deny that Jesus is God ...
3. I do believe that the bible has been mistranslated in many ways ... We have provided proofs of this throughout these threads ... even the bible itself, in the book of revelations, warns against people adding to or taking away words from the bible. God knew it would happened and John wrote to us about it.

Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

An example of just one mistranslation ...

the Hebrew word re'em was translated as unicorn in Num 23:22, Num 24:8, Job 39:9, Job 39:10, Psa 29:6, Psa 92:10 ...

Re-em is not a unicorn it was/is most likely either a great auroch/wild bull, or a rhinoceros ...

Do you believe in unicorns?

Also the word owloam has shown to be mistranslated numberous times throughout the old testament, one time in reference to Solomons temple it is translated as everlasting, which we all know was destroyed...

1Ki 8:13
I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever(olam).

Obviously God is not in the temple of Solomon any more, he had it destroyed.

4. You are a protestant aren't you? Then you yourself believe the church went apostate ...
the delusional thing was from the mindset of a UR perspective.

Hopefully, I'm understanding that by not denying the trinity is meaning to believe it and even more that you believe that Jesus is God!

I don't however accept the premise that the Bible has fallen from accuracy. I do admit, that cults like JW's and LDS have changed it to fit their ungodly beliefs. I have confidence that God will not allow it to go corrupted.

First and foremost, I'm a disciple of Christ,a product of Jesus' command to go and make disciples. Our church never considered R.C. as "the church". Yes, Luther was R.C., but the distinction of coruption is that God's Word in and of itself was not corrupted only those who were teaching it. Much like in Jesus' day...the word was true, the religious leader were not. I could in Luther's day, read the Bible and find the truth..just like in Jesus' day.

Don't get me wrong...Luther is no Jesus. Luther wasn't the first priest to confront R.C., just the one that was the right man, in the right place, at the right time (nothing happens by luck) who married the right nun. Luther's German Bible was the main stay for many year's until King James commissioned the version named after him.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-08-2009 at 08:18 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I don't have a hard time with these scriptures ... It seems to me you are the one who misunderstands them. Gods holiness is not greater than or even separate from hi love. God is love, and that is why he is holy.

You fail to see the mortal destruction is only temporary along with time itself. But at the fullness of times the destruction of death andevil will be done away with. At that time all things will be restored including everything God has destroyed by his judgments, even sodom and gomorrah (Eze. 16:53-55)

Again, i restate my case ... You do not understand that Gods wrath derives from his love and is not separate from it. He destroys so that he can renew ... And Christ will make all things new ...

Rev 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

You do not believe what Christ says, and you make him out to be a liar in as much. You do not believe Christ will make all things new, even the wicked and unbelievers who he destroys in fiery judgments. You do not believe what the bible clearly says, that the wicked and unbelievers are saved as though by fire(1 Cor 3:15). It seems you choose not to understand because your heart is violent and greedy. That is the only explanation. Either that or your heart is ruled by fear, in that if you did believe that God would save all men and you were wrong you would be damned to everlasting torture yourself(something that the bible never declares in and of itself but is the threat used by sanctimonious men to control the laity). I don't imagine that to be the case because you have not become a mulsim after all and they use the same scare tactics that fundamentalist Christians use. It is the false doctrine of false religion no matter Christian or Muslim or any other manner of faith.
Christ will make all things new, but does the scripture say that He will make all things new, by bringing those out of the flames, well no it doesn't.

He's referring to being born again,
2 Corinthians 5:17 (King James Version)

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There is nothing in scripture that says that Christ will make all things new, meaning bringing those out of hell that he sent out of His sight.

Yes, Christ will make all things new. I don't argue that.

When I read the story of Sodom and Gemorrah, it is clear who is being restored.

Ezekiel 16:49-53

'However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before.

God restored Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, and Samaria and her daughters and their furtunes. Then it talks about their sister, Sodom with her dauthers and Sameria with her daughters. People use this scripture to say that God will restore those out of hell. When this scripture does not say that God will restore the entire population that was destroyed with Sodom, this scripture says Sodoms furtunes, and her daughters, Samaria and her daughters with their furtunes.

This is just another example of people making scripture out to what it does not say.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-08-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Everything will be accomplished in GOD’S TIME, not ours. God’s purpose in this age is to bring a people to Himself (elect) in order to reach the non-elect in the ages to come. He is calling US in order to show forth His kindness to OTHERS in the ages to come. Once you see this truth, you will then understand why most people will never come to Christ in this age. This does not mean God has forsaken the many and given them up to suffer never-ending punishments. The mercy, love, and compassion of our God will never fail and the Good Shepherd will keep on seeking and saving until each and every last sheep (good and bad) is brought into the fold.
Amen. God bless.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It seems you are running around in circles of things that I already know. We are under a new covenant from Christ. Did I say that we didn't, no. I believe that those who are sent out of God's sight will be separated from Him, due to scripture not saying that He will eventually as some say, bring them back into His presence.
No i have made it clear to you i am not talking about ET , i am talking about what you believe .

Forget ET altogether. What you believe according to your posts does not match up with the good news , it's based on the the requirements of the Law and dressed up with New Covenant verses that the Fundy's interpret as being something we need to do.

Here is a simple example of this, Fundy's love talking about repentance , they believe there was a day back in their lives where they repented ,but what they fail to tell you because they have never understood repentance,is that it was the goodness of God that caused them to repent(Romans 2 verse 4) , so the only logical conclusion you take from this is they think they did something to please God by their own repentance, in otherwords boasting i repented and not acknowledging that it was God that caused them to repent.

Now if you believe it was God that caused you to repent , why do Fundy's not use the very same thing(the goodness of God) to compel others to believe ?, Why is your message if you do not believe you are going to Hell ?, even if there was such a place.

Why when God's goodness caused you to repent do you feel the need to dig up Old covenant scriptures to justify your false gospel and condemn unbelievers with threats of hell, if there was such a place, if they don't believe and believers who disagree with your false gospel ?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Christ will make all things new,
Yes, all things, not just some. He is not to make all new things but all things are to be made new. They will be changed. God is able to do anything, including restoring /changing anything cast into the flame Our God is a consuming fire. This is the power of God who is able to do all things and who has the power of life and death in His "hands" Believe the good news God's blessings.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-08-2009 at 08:46 PM..

Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I simply don't have the time to waste with you anymore. I am about to workout and would prefer to do that. I would rather pick this up later. People who are deceived want even look at their errors, so I want waste my time expaining to someone who is deceived.

I figured as much ... You just don't have the time ... Nor the love ... I accept that excuse, as i don't imagine you even could answer me with anything other than you rhetorical spin if you wanted to.

And i suppose you are always looking at your own errors right?

If you choose to rebuttal me at any time ill be here to answer so long as the lord is willing. I will explain to you as long as it takes because you are deceived. Selah ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity