Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 06:51 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I really wish liberals would dial down their venom and hatred for Jews
Fixed it for you. And I am an observant Reform Jew.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
And yet you're one who just claimed that people who voted for Trump aren't REAL Americans. If it upsets you when Democrats' loyalty is questioned, may be you shouldn't say that Republicans are disloyal to America! Talk about selective outrage.

And Trump never said Jews aren't loyal to Israel. He said that Jews who plan to vote for the Democrat are being disloyal, and that's due to the widespread anti-Israel movement within the D Party and the tolerance of antisemites among their elected officials.

And it's not Omar and Tlaib that concerns me, but the Dems reaction to them. They are perfectly fine having an adamant Israel-hater on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

And did you read the article I linked? Or were you so overly eager to condemn and insult a Jew who won't kowtow to the current liberal biases, which is now so adamantly anti-Israel that if a Jew defends it to any degree she is lambasted with despicable names?

NO. Trump said that Jews voting for Democrats aren't being loyal to ISRAEL. You can't even admit what he said ~ because that would destroy your narrative. I cannot believe you are willing to lie about the actual words that came out of his actual mouth.

And did I hurt your feelings? So sorry but you are on here 24/7 bashing Democrats day after day after day. And then you want to play the victim card. Ahhh - so typical.

Know what? I can't stand Omar and Tlaib's grandstanding.

But NONE of that means that all Democrats are anti-semites as you repeatedly assert. Whilst you conveniently and consistently refuse to admit what is going on in the Republican party. And you defend Trump's dual loyalty trope.

Pffft. Let me know when you can have a real conversation that includes the Republican party.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
NO. Trump said that Jews voting for Democrats aren't being loyal to ISRAEL. You can't even admit what he said ~ because that would destroy your narrative. I cannot believe you are willing to lie about the actual words that came out of his actual mouth.

And did I hurt your feelings? So sorry but you are on here 24/7 bashing Democrats day after day after day. And then you want to play the victim card. Ahhh - so typical.

Know what? I can't stand Omar and Tlaib's grandstanding.

But NONE of that means that all Democrats are anti-semites as you repeatedly assert. Whilst you conveniently and consistently refuse to admit what is going on in the Republican party. And you defend Trump's dual loyalty trope.

Pffft. Let me know when you can have a real conversation that includes the Republican party.
PFfft. You are accusing me of doing exactly what you just did in your post - which is to LIE.

I never said ALL Democrats are antisemites, as you just falsely claimed. But I AM dismayed and alarmed that the Dem leadership are condoning it within their own party. Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable having an antisemite who claims that Israel is evil and has hypnotized the world on the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Neither did I deny that Trump said Jews who vote Dem are being disloyal to Israel. I said he said it. And you know what? There are lots of Jews who agree. It is so obvious which party supports Israel, and which one doesn't.

And you know what I just caught? You said "whilst." Are you a Brit? Have I been arguing with someone who doesn't even have a say in America? (And Britian is having a problem with rising antisemitism, too.)

Old 08-25-2019, 07:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth! Is that the only way you can win a debate?

1) I did not say that Reform Jews are not Jews. They are, however, less observant, and there is a direct correlation between level of observance and likelihood of voting Republican.

2) Trump never said Jews should be more loyal to Israel than America! He said that Jews who vote for the D are big disloyal to Jews, and to Israel, and that is in light of the Dems' anti-Israel stance and tolerance of antisemitism at the Congressional level.

I really wish liberals would dial down their venom and hatred for Jews who support Israel. I just today read that a Jewish Republican organization (I forget the exact name) has been receiving hate mail from liberals - telling them that they're amoral scum, they shout rot in he!!, and worse that I don't want to repeat here.
And whoops, you just did it again. Reform Jews are NOT "less observant" simply because they observe in different ways. So yeah, you actually are kind of saying that Reform Jews are not Jews or at the very least, not good enough Jews.

And you are the one putting words in my mouth because not supporting Netanyahu doesn't mean I don't support Israel. I have relatives who have served in the IDF who don't support Netanyahu or Trump. Are you going to accuse them of not being Jewish enough too?

As for Trump's words, he certainly did invoke the trope that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to America. You may choose to be willfully ignorant of that but others don't choose to be.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And whoops, you just did it again. Reform Jews are NOT "less observant" simply because they observe in different ways. So yeah, you actually are kind of saying that Reform Jews are not Jews or at the very least, not good enough Jews.

And you are the one putting words in my mouth because not supporting Netanyahu doesn't mean I don't support Israel. I have relatives who have served in the IDF who don't support Netanyahu or Trump. Are you going to accuse them of not being Jewish enough too?

As for Trump's words, he certainly did invoke the trope that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to America. You may choose to be willfully ignorant of that but others don't choose to be.
OF course Reform Jews are less observant! But that is not "kind of saying" they're not Jewish. (Another lib who puts word in their opponent's mouth.) But they definitely are less religious. And the less religious a person is, the more likely he is to vote for the Dem.

And Trump never said Jews were more loyal to Israel than America! Just like the Charlottesville lie (credit to Travis for starting a thread on that), you are changing his words to make him appear antisemitic. First, he said "in my opinion, Jews who vote for the Dem are being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel," and second, plenty of Jews agree with him. They are appalled at what they see happening in the Democratic Party.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:59 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
LOL, You just don't understand do you. Americans don't want your kind of government that's why we have Mr. President Donald Trump.
Your answer makes no sense. You asked the question "what makes you think the democrats will do it for you?"

I proceeded to provide you with a list of reasons why the republicans and Trump would not do the things the poster wanted.

Rather than refuting me, you essentially admitted that the poster was correct by stating to me that "Americans don't want your kind of government". I take that reply to mean that you agree that its all right to refuse chronically ill people health insurance and medical treatment. You agree that appointing someone hostile to the very concept of public education as Secretary of Education is acceptable. The same is true for my other points.

What you guys don't get is that both Trump and the republican agenda aren't popular. Its why your party lost seven governor races and forty seats in the House of Representatives in 2018.

The only reason Trump sits in the White House is because of 77,000 votes in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Take that away and Hillary would have been in the White House with a three million vote victory margin. That's done. However, 2020 will be no cake walk for that foul mouthed, bigot in the White House.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
This Jew walked away from the demoncratic party years ago, and is still very happy with his choice

MAGA!

Old 08-26-2019, 05:13 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
I'm not sure they're throwing the black vote under the bus. Some of them ARE talking about giving reparations (which is an obvious pander) as well as giving down-payments to buyers in (former) redlined districts to "even the gap between black and white".

But they are clearly throwing the Jewish vote under the bus in order not to offend Muslims. There was absolutely no legitimate reason for Pelosi not to issue a sharp condemnation of antisemitism via a resolution, and she watered it down so as not to offend Muslim supporters. They made a political calculation that it would be "risky" to stand up for Jews, and thus came up with some meaningless "all bigotry is bad," listing antisemitism pretty far down the list.
They are not throwing under the bus to protect muslims, they just hate jews.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:34 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
They are not throwing under the bus to protect muslims, they just hate jews.
I agree with Rachel. To appease Muslims, the Democrat party, and many Democrats have become anti Jewish, and anti Israel. Many SECULAR Jews whom are rabidly Progressive, much more than they are "Jewish", are overly critical of Jews and Israel.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:50 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump's supporters like to attack Synagogue's. We have all seen it. We all know the truth.

There are numerous incidents like this happening by non trump supporters

Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIpYndMGJ4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies