Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 10:40 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Even if you are interested, you don’t accept the first proposal of a date?
If I'm interested in someone I will say yes to a date. I think most people are straightforward like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 10:41 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times
Quote:
Even if you are interested, you don’t accept the first proposal of a date?
I just like to go at my pace. I can have social anxiety at times so I need to psyche myself before lots of social interaction. I think thats a legitimate reason.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:41 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
What if she says no because she has another social engagement planned, or some other legitimate reason?
"No" doesnt always mean "Never." If she says it means "never," then believe her and back off.

My father asked my mom out 3 times before she said yes. My mom said she was very attracted to hom but she was just actually busy. My father almost gave up but then they got married and had 2 kids.
That’s fine. I’d just say give me a call or text me when you are free. After I initially asked the ball would be in her court. If a certain amount of time passed then I’d just figure she wasn’t very interested.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
I just like to go at my pace. I can have social anxiety at times so I need to psyche myself before lots of social interaction. I think thats a legitimate reason.
Do you explain this facts to dudes when you reject them? If you didn’t provide an explanation to why, this could come off as game playing.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Do you explain this facts to dudes when you reject them? If you didn’t provide an explanation to why, this could come off as game playing.
I am here to tell you than ANYTHING can "come off" as pretty much anything in the wild and wooley world of dating. It is not her job to maintain a guy's feelings of whether or not she was playing games. She is only responsible for her.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times
Quote:
I do, if it seems appropriate in context. I just say thank you but I have to decline now due to social anxiety.

The guys I date I usually converse with a long time (text, phone calls etc.) before dating.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
They might initially reject most of those men, but the men who keep pursuing and ask a second or third time are more likely to get a yes.
And this how we get to where we are.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Well, I disagree. I think its ok to ask 2 or 3 times or at least keep talking to get to know each other better.

Im actually being stalked now but that has been years of almost constant pursuing. Id not consider it harassment if a guy respectfully made attempts to get to know me. I very rarely accept the first proposal of a date.
You would be nearly alone. Most of us don't want to have to beat guys off with a stick.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am here to tell you than ANYTHING can "come off" as pretty much anything in the wild and wooley world of dating. It is not her job to maintain a guy's feelings of whether or not she was playing games. She is only responsible for her.
All I’m saying is it would be a disservice to her if she is legitimately interested but didn’t feel ready if she didn’t explain that. A lot of well-suited guys would be understanding to the fact if she explained that.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
Men are looked at as the leaders\ decision makers so confidence is a must for us. Woman look up to us literally and figuratively in relationships as the authority figures.

A lot of women can’t even handle telling us what food they want lol never mind making tough decisions

But it’s also a vague term in attraction because nobodies always confident it just basically means social confidence enough to approach her
LOL. This is Just Wacky. For me, confidence is important so I don't wind up with a project guy who wants me to fix his Mommy issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships