Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,461,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
IMHO Juan Martinez firing questions (ongoing diatribes) at Dr. Samuels during the cross examination provided the jury with valuable info making one question Samuels ethics. This was evidenced by the number of questions the jury had for Samuels. The test/exam was based on lies Arias provided and Samuels made his diagnosis based upon the lies. Samuels didn't even bring to court the actual set of questions he used to test Arias. His explanation for not bringing the actual questions ... Samuel's said "it's not necessary he didn't feel it was important!!!!!" Here we are in a death penalty case and the doc doesn't feel it was necessary yet he arrives with a PTSD diagnosis. In Juan Martinez's own style ... ranting ... diatribes ... Juan allowed this jury to see and hear the other side of Samuel's exam ... as Paul Harvey would say ... the rest of the story.

Willmott smirks, giggles, smiles in this death penalty trial. In addition she verbally assists the witnesses with their answers and they smile at each other. This is so wrong too. If convicted Arias first appeal will be insufficient or ineffective counsel.

Juan might be a little large for life, but he has a passion for what he does. I respect that passion and this is the only voice Travis Alexander has in the courtroom. Defense witnesses, have NO problems answering yes or no with ease when their own team is asking them the questions.

After the coma-fest the jury endured from the defenses' direct examination of Arias, Samuels and Alyce LaViolette I am sure Juan Martinez wakes them up and they put their listening ears on.
I probably have a day or 2 worth of reading here. Hopefully, I can start Monday night, or Tuesday. I guess last week wasn't too exciting, with the exception of the juror being dismissed. I'm sure I'll learn what I don't know.

I just wanted to add one thing about Samuels, which others may have written elsewhere. Psychologists have MANY tests they give patients. That's why they call them a "Battery of Tests." He either didn't give more than the 2, or he did and the Defense doesn't want the data in court.

I don't know the law about that kind of thing. If Samuels gave more tests and kept them altogether, but the DT decided not to use test x, y, z, then I could kind of understand Samuels not having the original test for court if they were all together. That being said, he's had a few years and a lot of $ to figure out to safely pressure any other tests and have the answers from those he bothered to complete available for court.

That's funny above, CW, about JM awaking jurors from their coma-fest. If I had to miss a week I picked the right one, I believe.

MSR

Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,883,658 times
Psychologists and Psychiatrists are pretty easy to fool sometimes. I know a guy who got out of the service by convincing an Army shrink he was gay (this was way back when gays were not allowed). The last I knew, this guy was married to a woman and has 3 kids. Those Doctors WANT to believe everyone has something wrong with them and all you have to do is exhibit some odd traits and they buy into it. Jodi is smart enough to work them like a violin. and that is exactly what she did.

The $250 an hour those experts were getting paid by the Defense didn't hurt either.

Don

Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,170,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

So on Twitter I have picked up that Alyce LaViolette on her way out of court approached Samantha Alexander, Travis' sister (Sam) where she was still seated in that end seat in the courtroom. LaViolette said a few words to her as she was exiting the courtroom and did a shoulder shrug. This was immediately reported to Juan Martinez.

So Monday could be very interesting if that did happen.
What could she possibly have said to her..."Sorry I have to trash your murdered brother up there, but he kinda had it coming..."

Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,980,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
What could she possibly have said to her..."Sorry I have to trash your murdered brother up there, but he kinda had it coming..."
"No offense kid, but I needed the money and I have a book coming out at the end of this month."

Now that is just mean of me isn't it.

Do you think this is legally wrong? I don't know. But I did hear the little blurb when Martinez asked to see the judge ASAP and I don't think it involved the abused Snow White.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 AM

IANAL, but I believe the judge can admonish her. I don't think it will affect her testimony, but she's got bigger things to be worried about right now, like Martinez and her professional reputation. Her book isn't getting such good reviews these days.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,664,361 times
What medium do members in this forum use to watch the trail? I watch HLN. Court usually ends at 4:30PST, HLN can drag it out to 7PM by hitting that pause button.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM

LIVE on azcentral

No commercials, no talking heads.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,563,781 times
Juan is "throwing rocks at a tank..." . This cross is tenuous.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM

She's tanking alright.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,563,781 times
Lurker #5 not in the courtroom today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime