U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,231 times
Reputation: 326

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The New Covenant did not come untill after the sacrifice....during Christ's mission on earth people were still under the requirements of the OT...It is similar to a contract, it is not binding and effectual until it is signed, and Christ sacrifice on the cross was His signature.....Considering John 6:47, While He is stateing this the folks hearing still had to wait for the sacrifice, because without His sacrifice there would be no Salvation.....There is a chronological order here that cannot be ignored....


Joh 5:24 `Verily, verily, I say to you--He who is hearing my word, and is believing Him who sent me, hath life age-during, and to judgment he doth not come, but hath passed out of the death to the life.

there are two steps here, hearing AND believing, one cannot just hear and have eternal life, but he must also BELIEVE. Now, he also says that "to judgment he doth not come", it is not saying that just by hearing but also by believing and what judgement is He talking about, because we know from scripture that He will judge his own, so, we do come into judgement, but, not THE Judgement......So, i guess the point i am trying to make here is that you cannot read the scriptures in the way you would like to see them but with reference to other scripture in order to deduce what they are actually talking about....
The scripture says is believing. I know you didn't like it, but did you read the second phrase about: but hath passed out of the death to the life? Do you think they did this by keeping the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 AM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Ironmaw1776
Now, there are no verses that imply eternal punishment when they are translated correctly. As i understand it, it is you that infer eternal punishment from them because of an hardened heart, blinded eyes, and ears that cannot hear.

Do you even know what a hardened heart is? Do you even know what those statements refer to? I bet you belive everyone gets a gold star.....no matter what...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
So your faith is based on common experience? Is that why you don't believe? Because "it's pretty obvious through common experience"? Sounds like David here:

Psa 27:13 I had not believed to look on the goodness of Jehovah In the land of the living!

Well now, what does this say:

Heb 11:1 And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,

Heb 11:3 by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to the things seen not having come out of things appearing;

Heb 11:6 and apart from faith it is impossible to please well, for it behoveth him who is coming to God to believe that He is, and to those seeking Him He becometh a rewarder.

I don't see anything about believing in God or scripture because it's obvious through common experience, do you?
My Faith is not based on common experience, it is based on being called by God thru the quickening of my spirit to believe the Gospel when i heard it....my understanding of scripture is based on common experience...there is a difference........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 12:46 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,231 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
My Faith is not based on common experience, it is based on being called by God thru the quickening of my spirit to believe the Gospel when i heard it....my understanding of scripture is based on common experience...there is a difference........
And what did you believe concerning the Gospel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard your interpretation of the scripture has been refuted time and time again, it would be tedious to keep going over the same ground with you , you say that nothing gets past you , i would 100% disagree with you because there are 3 things blatantly obvious that do, the fact that He is the Savior of All backed fully by the scriptures , the knowledge of His divine nature and character, and the warped belief that God randomly chose certain people for salvation and damnation.
I asked you for just one scripture that clearly says and defines God chose some and not others for Salvation and you have failed to do it , yet you believe such hogwash.
Very nice that you have studied hebrew,greek and aramaic , but you know what it does not impress me at all. You obviously think because you have studied you are superior judging by your closing statement on your post.
In one of my last posts i stated scriptures that quickly came to mind in response to another of your posts and you doubted that i was able to recall scriptures , and here you are boasting that you have studied hebrew, greek and aramaic for 20 years lol, come down from your pedestal.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he and he's also a reflection of the interpretation of the god he believes in .So if you believe God's grace,mercy,and love is limited it would go to say so is yours.
It is you that are on a Pedestal, not me, i did not fail to prove my position, in fact i have proved it, there are many points in scripture that indicate that God chooses based on His own councel and will, you just don't want to see it because it would dismantle your heresy.....

Try to get around this one:

Rom 9:13 according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.'
Rom 9:14 What, then, shall we say? unrighteousness is with God? let it not be!
Rom 9:15 for to Moses He saith, `I will do kindness to whom I do kindness, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion;'
Rom 9:16 so, then--not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is doing kindness:

This must be understood in the context that it is written and what Paul was trying to say....
And i am not trying to impress you, just showing that i have not gone off half-cocked like a lot of young christians do....

In fact you might want to read here: http://www.calvinistcorner.com/predestination.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,231 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is you that are on a Pedestal, not me, i did not fail to prove my position, in fact i have proved it, there are many points in scripture that indicate that God chooses based on His own councel and will, you just don't want to see it because it would dismantle your heresy.....

Try to get around this one:

Rom 9:13 according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.'
Rom 9:14 What, then, shall we say? unrighteousness is with God? let it not be!
Rom 9:15 for to Moses He saith, `I will do kindness to whom I do kindness, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion;'
Rom 9:16 so, then--not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is doing kindness:

This must be understood in the context that it is written and what Paul was trying to say....
And i am not trying to impress you, just showing that i have not gone off half-cocked like a lot of young christians do....
That's it, only 20 years...LOL Still a young pup that hasn't been house broken...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,187 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is you that are on a Pedestal, not me, i did not fail to prove my position, in fact i have proved it, there are many points in scripture that indicate that God chooses based on His own councel and will, you just don't want to see it because it would dismantle your heresy.....

Try to get around this one:

Rom 9:13 according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.'
Rom 9:14 What, then, shall we say? unrighteousness is with God? let it not be!
Rom 9:15 for to Moses He saith, `I will do kindness to whom I do kindness, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion;'
Rom 9:16 so, then--not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is doing kindness:

This must be understood in the context that it is written and what Paul was trying to say....
And i am not trying to impress you, just showing that i have not gone off half-cocked like a lot of young christians do....
Richard what you are failing tpo see is not one of these scriptures you keep quoting has anything to do with salvation.

Also it's you who is claiming you are superior in your knowledge , God forbid that i should claim such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 PM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Richard your interpretation of the scripture has been refuted time and time again, it would be tedious to keep going over the same ground with you , you say that nothing gets past you , i would 100% disagree with you because there are 3 things blatantly obvious that do, the fact that He is the Savior of All backed fully by the scriptures , the knowledge of His divine nature and character, and the warped belief that God randomly chose certain people for salvation and damnation.
I asked you for just one scripture that clearly says and defines God chose some and not others for Salvation and you have failed to do it , yet you believe such hogwash.
Very nice that you have studied hebrew,greek and aramaic , but you know what it does not impress me at all. You obviously think because you have studied you are superior judging by your closing statement on your post.
In one of my last posts i stated scriptures that quickly came to mind in response to another of your posts and you doubted that i was able to recall scriptures , and here you are boasting that you have studied hebrew, greek and aramaic for 20 years lol, come down from your pedestal.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he and he's also a reflection of the interpretation of the god he believes in .So if you believe God's grace,mercy,and love is limited it would go to say so is yours.

Joh 6:39 `And this is the will of the Father who sent me, that all that He hath given to me I may not lose of it, but may raise it up in the last day;
Joh 6:40 and this is the will of Him who sent me, that every one who is beholding the Son, and is believing in him, may have life age-during, and I will raise him up in the last day.'[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What of those that don't fit this condition?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Joh 17:9 `I ask in regard to them; not in regard to the world do I ask, but in regard to those whom Thou hast given to me, because Thine they are,


Joh 17:24[SIZE=3] `Father, those whom Thou hast given to me, I will that where I am they also may be with me, that they may behold my glory that Thou didst give to me, because Thou didst love me before the foundation of the world.
[/SIZE]
Seems like He's chosen here.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Take heed.....



Gen.12:2-3
2. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

~In thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Jesus Christ is the great blessing of the world, the greatest that ever the world possessed. All the true blessedness the world is now, or ever shall be possessed of, is owing to Abram and his posterity. Through them we have a Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel. They are the stock on which the Christian church is grafted.
Are you saying i should take heed? what is your point here? and i must add an AMEN to the last lines of your post........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
 
Location: US
26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Reputation: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Take Heed ???????? He that is forgiven little loveth little , He that is forgiven much loveth much. If we believe God's grace ,love and mercy is limited then we really do not know ourselves .

Latte You really should be linking your quotes, like the Matthew Henry quote bolded in this post of yours.
You are missing her point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top