Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 PM

240 posts, read 437,292 times

Advertisements

well yes we all must be,and we were all born in sin,we all have sinned but if you have not had the truth preached to you,the true word of God then you cannot be judged because God judges you by the word and if the gospel has never been truely preached to you because you can be in church for years and if your pastor is preaching everything but the true word of God you cannot be condemned because of a false prophet who you thought was a real servant of God.
This is where God grace and mercy comes in as with babies and people of all ages the true word of God has to be preached to you in order to bring salvation.No truth,no salvation,if you are being decieved God grace and mercy is there to advocate for you and his name isJESUS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Great points you made. I mentioned above that in the KJV hell is mentioned 54 times but they won't listen to you and I they live in a different reality Dalton. Peace to you brother for your wisdom is evident.
I fully acknowledge the KJV has the word "hell" in it 54 times.

But you don't seem aware there are other bible translations that have the word "hell" ZERO times.

Why do you think there is disparity in how this word "hell" is rendered in different bible versions?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Hell is used 23 times in the New Testament and when he says "everlasting punishment" He means it (Matt 25:46). Just because you would like to think all go to heaven does not make it true. People can tell you all day this translation does this and that. We could do that with any verse in the bible and make it say what we want. As stated before, hell is as real and eternal as heaven is. If hell is not eternal then heaven is not eternal. The bible says it is everlasting which means it is.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 PM

159 posts, read 230,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

But you don't seem aware there are other bible translations that have the word "hell" ZERO times.

Why do you think there is disparity in how this word "hell" is rendered in different bible versions?
Because people do not want it to say hell. We do not need to study all these paraphrases and reworded versions, we need to stick to true translations from the greek, hebrew, latin, etc. King James, New King James, American Standard, etc.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Because people do not want it to say hell. We do not need to study all these paraphrases and reworded versions, we need to stick to true translations from the greek, hebrew, latin, etc. King James, New King James, American Standard, etc.
Dalton,

YES Lets stick to true translations from the Greek and Hebrew.

Are you aware that the word "hell" in the KJV is translated from 4 different words?

sheol
hades
gehenna
tartarus

Sheol is the same word in Hebrew as the Greek hades. The other 2 words have completely different meanings. Why are they all translated as "hell"? Does that seem like honest translation to you? Three different concepts translated as one english word "hell"?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM

218 posts, read 311,224 times
Quote:

Ya I do. I have the KJV, NKJV, NASB, NIV, Living Transl, The Book, Holman Christian Standard Bible. I've researched this stuff for years and know that some versions took out or replaced the word hell but that doesn't change what the original greek, hebrew, aramaic texts say. That is why the bible says in Revelation 22 vs 18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky;11268379NASB reads. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Did you read that for such is the kingdom of God, little children don't go to eternal damnation straight from Jesus own words. [B
Why would Jesus say let the children come to me for such is belongs the kingdom of heaven if they were sinners.[/b]
Well dah, maybe he says this because they are sinners. He came for the sick not the healthy.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Dalton,

YES Lets stick to true translations from the Greek and Hebrew.

Are you aware that the word "hell" in the KJV is translated from 4 different words?

sheol
hades
gehenna
tartarus

Sheol is the same word in Hebrew as the Greek hades. The other 2 words have completely different meanings. Why are they all translated as "hell"? Does that seem like honest translation to you? Three different concepts translated as one english word "hell"?
No it is easy to know which it is discussing based on context. Plus, I use E-sword to see the word and know for myself which it is lol

Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Ya I do. I have the KJV, NKJV, NASB, NIV, Living Transl, The Book, Holman Christian Standard Bible. I've researched this stuff for years and know that some versions took out or replaced the word hell but that doesn't change what the original greek, hebrew, aramaic texts say. That is why the bible says in Revelation 22 vs 18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Then I suppose all these translators who have added this word "hell" into the bible are going to be getting some plagues from God.

The word "hell" or concept of "hell" is not in the hebrew/greek texts.

The word "hell" is always mistranslated from one of these words:

sheol - (hebrew) means unseen/state of the dead/the grave
hades - (greek) means unseen/state of the dead/the grave
gehenna - (greek) literally valley of hinnom - a place of judgment
tartarus - (greek) abyss

None of these carry the meaning of our modern day definition of "hell" as a place of eternal conscious punishment in fire.

Research it yourself.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Well dah, maybe he says this because they are sinners. He came for the sick not the healthy.
But it is like you said, maybe. There is no evidence to show this. There is evidence for Jesus point being that they are sinless. Once again,
Acts 3:19 be converted and that your sins may be blotted out = Matt 18:3 be converted and become as little children.
Thus, be converted = be converted and sins blotted out = becoming as little children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity