Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times

Advertisements

Had a hail storm come through. Windows on north side of the house-gone. Fortunately our vehicles were in the garage and our camper was in storage. Got tarp up on windows for tonight. Will board them up tomorrow. The Insurance company is booked for 3 weeks in my area.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Had a hail storm come through. Windows on north side of the house-gone. Fortunately our vehicles were in the garage and our camper was in storage. Got tarp up on windows for tonight. Will board them up tomorrow. The Insurance company is booked for 3 weeks in my area.
We had the same, tennis ball size hail. I wasn't as smart as you. 2 of my cars were out and have hail damage, however my newest car was in the garage (so I guess that is something). I was watching the local weather 3,6, and 7 and they had not mentioned any storms in my area and the radar didn't show any and within mins we were hit. The house maybe OK, from what we can see, I will check again at first light.

From what I see on the radar, I expect to get hit 2-3 more times tonight.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:23 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Just an update . . . hubby's surgery appears to have gone well. Don't want to post a lot of details here, but appreciate the good wishes and prayers and private messages. Waiting to see how things shape up in the hours to come as far as his health status. Thank you again for the support. :-)

Old 06-04-2014, 07:17 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Just an update . . . hubby's surgery appears to have gone well. Don't want to post a lot of details here, but appreciate the good wishes and prayers and private messages. Waiting to see how things shape up in the hours to come as far as his health status. Thank you again for the support. :-)
Thanks for the update, Ani. I had been thinking of you and your husband and wondering about the outcome of his surgery - looking for and waiting for your post.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Okay I promised you the menu from last night's dinner party:

Amuse bouche - smoked Nova Scotia salmon on toasted brioche with dill cream cheese

Appetizer - Jumbo shrimp cocktail

Salad - Baby greens and Bosc pears with imported Gorgonzola, walnut haves, and a balsamic vinegrette

An assortment of marinated hearts of palm, hearts of artichoke, roasted red pepper, sweet gherkins, Greek Kalamata olives and pimento stuffed Spanish Manzanilla olives

Entree -- Bistec Argentino Al Chimichurri

Grilled asparagus with glaze of extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and garlic; scalloped heirloom potatoes of various colors

Artisan herb crusted Italian bread

Dessert -- Limoncello torte cake (thank you Mary for bringing this from a fabulous bakery in Chestnut Hill!); baklava and other Middle Eastern pastries from Manakeesh, a local Lebanese bakery.

All the credit goes to Chef Joe for doing an outstanding job, and also Handyman Rod for exquisitely decorating the table with nothing but white and off-white flowers and white candles.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Oops, forgot to mention the wines. I offered digestifs to my guests such as Italian dry vermouth or Lillet, but most were in the mood for gin and tonics (it was a very warm summer evening). The meal was accompanied by an Argentinian Malbec since the main course was an Argentinian dish. The dessert was paired with a French sparkling wine called Blanc de Blancs which is something like champagne but slightly fruitier.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,422,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Okay I promised you the menu from last night's dinner party:
Sounds wonderful! Hope you had a happy birthday.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:20 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
The storms in Nebraska sound like something out of a nightmare.

Ani!!! Thank you for updating us. I have been checking in here for news. Still praying and thinking of you and your husband.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
BJW and Garth, sad to hear about your hail, I hope everything gets repaired straightaway. Happily no one got hurt.

We had hail a few nights ago, it was the size of green peas, I thought that was wild, I can't imagine tennis balls, wow.

Yay on the good news Ani!

Happy birthday, Clark, the menu looks wonderful. What a nice gaagn you have at your place. I think it would make a great TV show IMHO.

Apparently Bactrim does not mix well with allergy meds and Zyrtec as I now m covered in an itchy rash neck to knees. Lanacane won't even stop the itch. So off meds for two days to clear up. At least the sinus infection I have had for ten freaking months is finally going away, God/dess bless my country doctor.

Any bikers out there coming to Americade in Lake George this week?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
Apparently Bactrim does not mix well with allergy meds and Zyrtec as I now m covered in an itchy rash neck to knees. Lanacane won't even stop the itch. So off meds for two days to clear up. At least the sinus infection I have had for ten freaking months is finally going away, God/dess bless my country doctor.

The same thing happened to me from Bactrim. I was also taking Zyrtec at the time. I had the rash front to back, top to bottom. The doctor put me on prednisone, ranitidine, and Atarax, but I still was scratching myself raw. Lanacaine did nothing for me, either. Then I tried aloe vera gel and that stopped the itching. Since then, I've told friends who had similar reactions and they've had success with it too. I suppose you could use aloe vera juice, too. At any rate, it might be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement