Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is entirely your interpretation adding the "believe in" component to it. He was asked to do the "works" related to the poor and he refused. The price was too high for him, period. He as everyone of that era entirely believed in the "work" of following the law to "earn" eternal life. Jesus added too much to the price. There was not even a concept of "believe in" anything during that time . . . and there shouldn't be today . . . it is all "believe on/into."
Jesus did no such thing......

The truth stares you in the face, do you believe ??? Or will you continue to deny Christ also ?
Is the Ur teaching blinding one from truth, like the young man's riches !! They are both fleshly desires !!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When Jesus was asked "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved", Jesus did not reply. Yes, don't worry about, I will make sure everyone is saved. No, He said Make every effort to enter through the narrow door

Luke 13:23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’
“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’
Finn what was the effort you put forth to enter the narrow door ?.

The door closed was the door to the Old Covenant, that is why Jesus used the word effort(works), the door to the faith and kingdom living was the veil torn in two

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body Hebrews 10:19:20.

Your vain efforts will never get you through the door, because it was slammed shut, 2000 years ago.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How hard is it for you to quote just one scripture ??????????.

Tell me how you chose to be born again, its just as impossible as someone claiming they chose natural birth . So the scripture from John 3 is not a scripture that tells us that Jesus told an individual face to face that he must make a choose or decision.
LOL, you're sounding just like Nicodimus....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
How can a man hear or see unless God enables him too ? , you and i are blind as the next man,it takes a revelation from God by him opening our eyes.

No man come to Jesus unless the Father draws them.

How can a man choose to be born ?

How can God not have mercy on all when his word declares he will ?

He is good to his word.

Have you found a scripture yet, where Jesus told an individual face to face that he had to make a choice ?
Sometimes..it's what is not said that is just as important as what is said.

This is what God did not say: (in blue)

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased to explain to human satisfaction the foolishness what was preached.

or

For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who choose to believe.

or

For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save all.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\

UR mindset from it's begining hold the position that it's foolish of God to have mercy on all and yet will not be merciful on those who reject his Son.
UR is the theology of accusation...of questioning the Lord's will.
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
"whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life" John 5:24

"the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48

Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Read the scripture again..... !!

Did he really believe..... he came face to face with Christ, he asked how he could inherit eternal life, yet, it seems his riches was blinding him from truly believing, so, Christ knowing his heart gave him the choice.... to believe that through Christ one would inherit eternal life......How....by what?

hmmm

And it is obvious that the young man riches and loving what he had rather then believing that eternal life is found in loving Christ above all!

He followed all the commandments (works) already, yet, Christ told him he lack one thing ??? And what was that ??? Believing who Jesus was, so, Jesus tested his heart to show him what he really lack and what was there !!

Christ already knew what was in his heart..... for heaven sakes ! And that is what Christ was trying to get across to him, he believed in his riches, rather then Christ...

The question was who did Christ face to face give the choose to believe in Him, in the scripture !!!

And we see that it is obvious in this scripture Christ was giving him the choice to believe in Him not his riches.

The truth stares you in the face, do you believe ??? Or will you continue to deny Christ also ? Is the Ur teaching blinding one from truth, like the young man's riches !! They are both fleshly desires !!!
You wanted scripture and it has been given and will one still deny it......
If you care to read further Latte Chic , you will see clearly that choice is impossible, it takes something supernatural to be saved.

Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”
“I tell you the truth,”</SPAN> Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life.”.

If you think this is just referring to rich people you are kidding yourself.</SPAN>

Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
If you care to read further Latte Chic , you will see clearly that choice is impossible, it takes something supernatural to be saved.

Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!”
“I tell you the truth,”</SPAN> Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life.”.

If you think this is just referring to rich people you are kidding yourself.</SPAN>
I guess the scripture God is giving one..... is asking one the very same question ?? Is to why one is blinded to the truth !! Has one left all, too follow Christ ???

Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sometimes..it's what is not said that is just as important as what is said.

This is what God did not say: (in blue)

For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased to explain to human satisfaction the foolishness what was preached.

or

For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who choose to believe.

or

For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save all.

UR mindset from the begining is that it's foolish of God to have mercy on all and yet will not be merciful on those who reject his Son.

UR is the theology of accusation...of questioning the Lord's will.
For since in the wisdom of God ... God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
"whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life" John 5:24

"the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48

When it comes to God, it's what he says that is important, what is not said is not important.

It's the ET'er who finds the accomplishment of the cross foolish. How foolish can it be that God would save all, surely it's only us few who sought him out found him,chose him and go through the motions of churchianity that will be saved. You are in for a big suprise mate.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I guess the scripture God is giving one..... is asking one the very same question ?? Is to why one is blinded to the truth !! Has one left all, too follow Christ ???
Hey Could you repeat that in English for us ?.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
where in the hell is hell located?
Luke 11:2-4
it can not be located in the earth because the God originally was wanting His will to be done there.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
LOL, you're sounding just like Nicodimus....
I was thinking the same thing.

It makes me wonder why some people invest so much time in an effort to try to convince as many people as possible that they do not need to approach God, but instead just wait until God approaches them. How can is possibly hurt anyone to pray and ask Christ to come to their life? I don't get it, but maybe that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.