Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
"Obsessed?" She's given up months of her life for this trial, she has as much right to be there as any other member of the public as long as she does not speak to the other jurors.
I get that. But, since she has been kicked off because of speaking to the other jurors...that is a moot point. She could watch it at home like everyone else. She is likely in it for the creds now, Book deal??
Juror #5...The Jodi Arias Case. I'd read it...Thoughts??

Last edited by JanND; 04-05-2013 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Juror 5 evidently was some sort of loose cannon if they found cause to kick her off. She does look a little odd with that hairdo, and for her to come back as a spectator is just her being vindictive IMO. Something happened because that rarely happens unless the person really screwed up.

Book deal ? Yep, probably, but not sure how much of an audience there would be. This thing has been beat to death by the TV shows so much I actually turn it off after a few minutes any more. All they keep doing is rehashing old stuff over and over, and then creating new shows around it. It is way out of control.

Fill me in, how did the roommate's story change ? I missed that part.

Don

Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Did anyone ever come up with a reason for the shoe prints at the crime scene...or is that just being dropped entirely. I still wonder about that. And, I wonder about the room mate having changed his story to the police. Any insights.
I think the shoe print just came from Jodi walking around. I know she only had socks on during the murder, but she most likely put shoes on before leaving the house. Making a last sweep of the crime scene, maybe?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Okay, let me wrap my head around this..a juror kicked off...number five, comes back to court as a spectator?! Does she have a life? A job? Crazy.

I do think Martinez needs to tone it down.

A side note, my opinion is that our judicial system has not benefited since the introduction of cameras in the court room. Perhaps a subject on it's own.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper,

This expert has pretty much trashed dead Travis. Perhaps Travis deserved it? But; I would much rather hear that evidence first hand from past girlfriends and friends. The expert is being paid – she has a vested interest in her credibility. The reputation of the dead is at stake and we should get our facts correct. If the prosecutor is hard on her and it is shown that her diagnosis was not correct; then he will be justified.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I would much rather hear that evidence first hand from past girlfriends and friends.
Me too. But I think there are reasons that both sides haven't called his past girlfriends. Their testmonies may not help either side. The crux of the matter is that the victim didn't derserve to be killed. He has issues with woman. Like some of his girlfriends, a normal person, for the sake of self respect and preserve, would choose to walkway. But for whatever reason, Jodi Arias is not a normal person.

And I do think lying is a form of abuse, abuse of trust. Depends on what type of lies, the degree of abuse varies.

Last edited by LingLing; 04-05-2013 at 08:47 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Me too. But I think there are reasons that both sides haven't called his past girlfriends. Their testmonies may not help either side. The crux of the matter is that the victim didn't derserve to be killed. He has issues with woman. Like some of his girlfriends, a normal person, for the sake of self respect and preserve, would choose to walkway. But for whatever reason, Jodi Arias is not a normal person.

And I do think lying is a form of abuse, abuse of trust. Depends on what type of lies, the degree of abuse varies.
But they had Alyce testify to what one of the girlfriends experienced, based on her interview with the young woman. Why didn't they just compel the girlfriend to testify rather than having all these "hearsay" objections and coyly worded questions to avoid the objection? The testimony would have a lot more impact coming from the girl who actually experienced it, too.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, let me wrap my head around this..a juror kicked off...number five, comes back to court as a spectator?! Does she have a life? A job? Crazy.

A side note, my opinion is that our judicial system has not benefited since the introduction of cameras in the court room. Perhaps a subject on it's own.
I love seeing the courtroom parts on the true crime shows like 48 hours and Dateline. It's probably good to have a video record, but without the circus part.

It might be a good idea to at least bar airing of the video until the trial is over.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,645 times
All attempts to subpoena the seven dwarfs have been unsuccessful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think the shoe print just came from Jodi walking around. I know she only had socks on during the murder, but she most likely put shoes on before leaving the house. Making a last sweep of the crime scene, maybe?
The police/prosecution should have been able to clear that up. Based on the size of the print, they should have been able to say it was consistent or not consistent with a shoe Jodi may have been wearing. From what I've heard they did not do that, and instead they left a huge loose end flapping out there. If I was a juror, I'm not sure I could ignore that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime