Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
the fear of eternal hell is why he turned to christianity in the first place, a fear based philosophy that has been used for centuries to gather the masses,,,i wonder ho many people turn to God in this way rather out of love, i personally think its hard to love a God who's gonna torture people, easy to fear him though, thank God that it just ain't true, lets give Him some credit.
Terrorism is a fear based doctrine of men, which many have bought into; and continue to sell it to those, who are gullible enough to believe it.

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-09-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

lets just turn this around a little bit

1-in your poinion-eternal hell makes perfect sense,now tell me through your own reasoning,without using scripture how?

2- IYO eternal tormant is fair-how an why?

3-IYO eternal torment = justice, what crime fits that puinishment,??
if your answer is not beleiving in Jesus,then there are millions who have never even heard of jesus,so explain how God is so irresponsible as to put people in such a position.
  1. BY insisting not using scriptures shows the basis of UR theology .... its all about your IMO outside of scriptures.
  2. Because your IMO has absolutly no bearing to God
  3. This attitude exemplifies why UR is not loving ... but accusatory.
    • Like most false theologies ... UR denies what sin makes a person ... a vile enemy of God. If a person rejects the solution, they will be treated as such. The human race put themself in that position, not God.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The aioninon UR debate never ends.....
Because people like Mike keep bringing posts about Eternal Hell being right.

Maybe if you and Mike would learn something about God saving all mankind we wouldn't have to keep correcting your mistakes.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Your still avoiding the question or is it that it can't be answered?
Sorry i was out walking the dogs. What was your question that i'm avoiding ?.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Because people like Mike keep bringing posts about Eternal Hell being right.
No, the thread was not started by Mike or myself. It's ok, everyone gets a chance to repeat their talking points again.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the thread was not started by Mike or myself. It's ok, everyone gets a chance to repeat their talking points again.
Mike recently started this:

The Orthodox View of Hell is correct in that Hell is a place of Conscious Everlasting Torment ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page)
Mike555

Old 01-09-2011, 03:21 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike, what does 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 say?
Now I am making known to you, brethren, the evangel which I bring to you, which also you accepted, in which also you stand, through which also you are saved, if you are retaining what I said in bringing the evangel to you, outside and except you believe feignedly." For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was entombed, and that He has been roused the third day according to the scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)

Mike, notice it says nothing about "being saved by wanting to have a personal relationship with Jesus as you suggest.
No one receives Christ as Savior without first wanting to have a personal relationship with Him.

Quote:
Notice also it says nothing about "believing in Jesus who died for the sins of the whole world."

Rather it says we are saved due to believing Christ died for our sins.
Obviously He died for our sins. He died for the sins of the entire world. As I have said a few times now, our personal sins were transferred to Christ and He paid the penalty for them.

Quote:
It is quite possible you are not even saved. Maybe that is why we are having such a hard time talking to you concerning the scriptures? It is possible you know all sorts of theological mumbo jumbo but really never started off correctly by believing Christ died for our sins.

So Mike, I will ask you one more time. Just a yes or no will suffice.

Do you believe one is saved if they believe Christ died for our sins? ______

Do you believe you are saved because you believed Christ died only for your sins? _______
A person is saved because they place their faith in Christ. A part of understanding the gospel is understanding that Christ died for you personally. He died for everyone.

Eusebius, I recommend that you avail yourself of the doctrinal resources that I provided at the following thread Perhaps the Best thing I can do on this forum.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:38 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
A lunatic?
Perhaps the lunacy is just the idea of God eternally torturing people, Mike.

So many dead ends within the belief of eternal torture.
That when people get backed into a corner, and they know there is nowhere to go, the ideas just keep getting more and more irrational.
Jesus said that in hell, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

You have the Scriptures. And they are clear that the final disposition of the unbeliever is eternal separation from God in hell. If you truly believed that the Bible is the word of God then you wouldn't reject what it says.

Nor do I know of which corner you speak.

If you will not believe the truth, then believe what you will. You will have to take it up with God.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM

309 posts, read 512,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
where does it say anything about dinosaurs in the bible,but if its not there then that means its not true eh,...i dont take the bible that seriously,the only thing i realy take from it is an acount of Jesus life that is there!and how accurate is it,and theres also more about Jesus that isnt it there,including 17 years completely missing,the roman emporer constantine was the one who decided which books made it in or not,and who knows what influence King James of england had on it.even the gospils were edited through time,ever hear of the secret gospils,accounts that were completley taking out of the bible,and complete gospils missing,including one from Judas,who was said to be even closer to jesus than the others,and im sure their is many more things that artent there,as i said the biblke is limited in knowledge of god,for their is an unlimited amount of knowledge on God,you may have complete faith in you book,i dont.
Would be scared to say I don't take the Bible seriously, but that is just me. As it is our greatest history book ever written.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
nm.
maybe will post at a later date.
This is just madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity